Election watch

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lurker37160, Nov 2, 2010.

1. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

Got my feet up with a glass of Balvenie Doublewood Scotch on the rocks. Ready to laugh and laugh and laugh as the DemoLibs reap their just rewards. Tomorrow, I shall spend the day baking Crow pies. They are for my rabidly liberal friends on LPSG who will most likely have to take to their beds before midnight as BoiBama chain smokes in a cold sweat.

2. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I'm ready also. Primarily interested in Alabama Governor race and one Senate race here. I voted a split ticket today since I vote for the man (or woman) now instead of the party.

3. B_Big_Nog

B_Big_Nog New Member

typical conservative garbage. you dont care one bit about what happens to the country so long as you can gloat and keep people down

4. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^Yep. They'll no doubt be donning their robes and burning a stick (or two). They're already celebrating Rand Paul's victory. That's the guy who wrote a Kentucky paper saying businesses have a right to discriminate against people, until he was outed in the press and backtracked on his true beliefs.

For more info on those of his ilk, see: whitecivilrights.com

White Civil Rights

5. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    same here. I'm pretty sure bently will win (boo). There's just something about him that bothers the shit out of me. I did vote republican on a few things, but primarily democrat

6. B_Big_Nog

B_Big_Nog New Member

Ive neen watching the polls, and I just cant believe how many racists we have in this country. Even if they dont realize it every t-bagger is motivated by racism on some level.

7. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^ Well, at least they're projecting a loss for the... er... witch.

8. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

oh my!

how much of that kool-aid have you drunk?

9. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wouldn't go so far as to say how many racists we have as how many people we have who haven't a clue who's behind some of the candidates (and ideology) they're voting for; and/or what these candidates are really all about. There is a lot of misinformation and spin.

All facilitated of course by a conservative Supreme Court's ruling that allowed for billions of dollars in donations and advertising money, provided by secret support groups and other special interest factions, some of whom have their own not-so-noble agendas, unknown to most.

Some think they're voting for "less government". Less government isn't always a plus. States and (state programs) that benefited from the Stimulus Plan will (secretly at least) agree.

One thing's for sure. Voters will soon learn in short order I think, to what degree their own personal lives will be impacted by who they're sending to Washington. I think they're in for a BIG surprise.

Then, (as I've said elsewhere) it's gonna be a "party".

10. sargon20

Gold Member

Can't say they don't deserve it. They yearn for a Pax Americana which is long gone and will never return.

11. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!
    Win the BATTLE -- lose the WAR! The Republican party may fool some of the people some of the time -- but given this 2nd chance at governing -- I for one am extremely doubtful that they can re-invent themselves and their total penchant for pandering to the middle class all the while passing bill after bill to destroy it. When the American electorate finally (God only knows how long it's gonna take!) realize what Harry Truman said in his acceptance speech in 1948, "The Republican Party has always been a party for the rich and always WILL be!" I guess that leaves about 98% of us left to figure it out!! One person -- ONE vote! It's the only thing that's gonna save the US over the long haul, no matter HOW MUCH money the Republicans spend to try to "buy" our Democracy!

12. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

As of 12:30AM EST, Harry Reid is now the projected winner of Nevada over Sharron Angle, which I'm sure was pushed by huge support from young Hispanics.

Which would now leave the Senate in Democrat control while the Republicans gain the House. Not a complete takeover by the Republicans (as fantasized by a few on this board), but one crazy night of polling with some majorly mixed signals.

Also, Meg Whitman lost to Jerry Brown. Money didn't buy at least one seat in government.

#12 B_VinylBoy, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  13. D_stryhtfg

D_stryhtfg New Member

My sides hurt from laughing so much.............

That was a joke right?

I identify with the Tea Party (SMALLER government/lower taxes/reign in spending)...and am FAR from a racist.

God forbid people want a smaller govt, lower taxes, and fiscal responsibility........what a bunch of radicals! :rolleyes:

Ummm........we learned that in 2006 and in 2008.

I don't think there is a person in the country that will say (with a straight face) that they are better off now than they were in '06 when the dems took over.

14. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i think you mean...

God forbid people want a smaller govt (unless it benefits me), lower taxes (unless it benefits me), and fiscal responsibility (unless it benefits me)........what a bunch of radicals!

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Because believing in smaller government and implementing it is practically impossible. If it was an issue of members in government adhering to a belief you held deeply (such as lower taxes), you wouldn't care how much these people in government would have to spend or sacrifice in order for them to make it happen. Herein lies the hypocrisy in the rhetoric.

16. Mensch1351

Gold Member

In the only other State that begins with "K"!

Too bad you don't have in your profile what state you're from. The cry against "big" government didn't fly very well from 1998 to 2006 when the Republicans were pork barrelling us into record deficits then! I guess your state REALLY is going to turn down all that FEDERAL highway money, FEDERAL education dollars, FEDERAL disaster money!! No big government until I cry, "Why doesn't the GOV'T do..................."

17. sargon20

Gold Member

It really doesn't matter does it? They've proven over and over again your slogans don't have to match zip once in office. It's ingenious political strategy. Once in office you just turn your 'small government' megaphone off and the dullards go back to the mines. Thanks for the vote sucker. And you get busy refocusing the issues on God, guns and gays.

#17 sargon20, Nov 3, 2010
  18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Sadly, that's so true in this country. What's the point of being factual when people consider their beliefs to be more important than anything else? Intellectualism is under attacked in this country and some majorly dishonest people are preying on the stupid to get their way... and it almost worked to maximum effect this time. At least some of the manipulators such as Sharron Angle, Meg Whitman, Carl Paladino and Christine O'Donnell lost their bids. Perhaps there's at least a small glimmer of light for those who actually use their brains out there.

Teapublicans have the House, and Democrats retain the Senate. Oh my, what's gonna happen over the next two years?

#18 B_VinylBoy, Nov 3, 2010
  19. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

As a celebratory gesture, I think I'll drive into work with a tit draped out the window.

20. midlifebear

Gold Member

Sharron Angle went down in Flames. And Nevada, although the citizens elected a Republican for Governor, we elected a "progressive" Republican Latino for Governor who should prove to be a breath of fresh air. Harry Reid is still head of a Democratic-controlled senate? Personally, I've never paid much attention to those who win seats as reps in Congress. I could run my dog for Congress and he'd most likely win. It will be fabulously entertaining to watch Boehner (or however you spell that tan guy's name) show off his inability to coordinate verbs and subjects in a sentence as he plays Speaker of the House. Unlike Pelosi, he can cry on cue. He talks in undecipherable blather, the same way Nick of the Sixes writes. The next two years will be fun!

Draft saved Draft deleted