electrolysis

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by roberts_tool, Mar 22, 2006.

1. roberts_tool

roberts_tool New Member

anyone ever tried electrolysis for hair removal? I'm not a huge fan of the shaving bit and creams etc...

2. kwc4you2003

kwc4you2003 New Member

I once grabed a neon "open" sign. made my hair stand up. Now i dont go near power sources.

3. toptwobottom

toptwobottom New Member

Electrolysis should be used by anyone who can not use laser hair removal. As laser becomes increasingly more sophisticated each year, this laser-adverse client is becoming a smaller and smaller group of people. Electrolysis is a very slow, very painful approach to hair removal. Although a single treatment of electrolysis is less expensive, there is likely little cost savings to reach the desired effect. Laser hair removal can be done on almost any part of the body: butt, butthole, balls, dick, vagina, nipples, arm pits, ears, limited nose, etc. It can not be used on eyebrows or hairline and this is where I would suggest to check out electrolysis. If you do decide to use laser hair removal, check the training of the person who is adminstering the treatment -- not just the person who is running the clinic or spa. It is preferable that they have a medical degree in nursing or higher. Lasers are very dangerous if handled incorrectly. Most states are now restricting who can administer laser hair removal but there is still a lot of under-trained practitioners burning the booty right off their clients. The scars can be permanent and look like you were burned by a wafflemaker. If you get burned by a laser, you will likely wish you had kept the hair.

4. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Have you had any done ? I would love to get my neck done. It's the hardest place for me to shave.
    :tongue:

5. roberts_tool

roberts_tool New Member

Thank You that insight, i have not even heard of Laser Hair Removal. I come from rural parts where we ain't yet got that fancy city stuff yet. My only option here is hot wax and yeah... the words hot and wax are pretty self explanatory...NO

6. BBB2.5

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Waxing is not as bad as it sounds. I usually get my whole body done during the summer months.
    :tongue:

7. toptwobottom

toptwobottom New Member

I had laser done on my chest and arms, but to remove sun damage. You have to go in a few more times to remove hair. The sun damage was one shot. It should be fairly easy and expensive to do your neck. The clinic may combine neck and shoulder in pricing. Also, ask about a topical numbing cream. You doctor should be able to provide a prescription. Good luck.

Draft saved Draft deleted