Electrosex

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've just bought some electrosex toys - well, one toy and a starter pack with the power box, leads, etc. Yay! I'm sooo excited!

But it's my first time using this kind of toy, and I don't really know much about it. Has anyone got any tips? I'm especially concerned about safety. Is it possible to turn these toys up so high you cause lasting damage (I'm guessing not, but you never know)?

Thanks in advance.

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
Is it possible to turn these toys up so high you cause lasting damage (I'm guessing not, but you never know)?

No, but your muscles will have a very vivid burn or soreness to them if you overdo it. Some of the convulsions those machines give rise to are very intense, especially if you can change waveform setting. (I am assuming we're talking about vaginal play)

Those things are great fun. Stick a few leads to your ass or around your vulva while penetrating yourself and oh my! Certainly not for all people, but if you don't mind the sharp sensations... :smile:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
'Come over' what? :tongue:

Ahhhh, ha, ha.

- - - - -

Sounds like good fun, subgirrl. I don't have much experience with the subject (one boyfriend tried, but the sensations were "titallating" in the wrong way to me), but what I do know is that lubrication is uber-important.

It's also mentioned in this wikipedia article, which may give links to more in-depth information.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wow!!!

When can I come over? :biggrin1:

Why aren't you here already? :tongue:

I could have sworn I remember reading that you'd experimented with this sort of thing before . . . possibly with a TENS machine . . . or am I misremembering?

'Come over' what? :tongue:

:biggrin1: Honey, RawDog can cum over whatever he likes :biggrin1:.

No, but your muscles will have a very vivid burn or soreness to them if you overdo it. Some of the convulsions those machines give rise to are very intense, especially if you can change waveform setting. (I am assuming we're talking about vaginal play)

Thank for the input!

Vaginal play to begin with, although I may progress to anal later.

Thanks for the warning not to overdo it. I have a feeling that that is exactly what I WOULD do if not pre-warned :redface:.

Those things are great fun. Stick a few leads to your ass or around your vulva while penetrating yourself and oh my! Certainly not for all people, but if you don't mind the sharp sensations... :smile:
Some years ago a physiotherapist gave me electrical therapy to treat an arm injury. He set it to level two, then left the room. By the time he came back a few minutes later, I had it up to level 10. I wanted to take it home with me, but not to use on my arm :biggrin1: (I had no idea until fairly recently that you could actually buy electrical toys specifically for sex). I'm hoping I like the sensations from my new toy as much as I liked the physio's machine.

Sounds like good fun, subgirrl. I don't have much experience with the subject (one boyfriend tried, but the sensations were "titallating" in the wrong way to me), but what I do know is that lubrication is uber-important.

It's also mentioned in this wikipedia article, which may give links to more in-depth information.

Thanks for the link! It has been read, and the lube warning absorbed *must use lube . . . must use lube*

Any more tips anyone? Pleeeeease :biggrin1:.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why aren't you here already? :tongue:

If flights to that side of the world were cheaper, we'd be going there during our summer breaks here.

I could have sworn I remember reading that you'd experimented with this sort of thing before . . . possibly with a TENS machine . . . or am I misremembering?

You remember correctly. I have a TENS unit and I took apart one set of pads and attached it to two different sized metal cock rings. I then slide the wider one to the base and the other right behind my glans. Gives my dick a nice buzz. In fact I dusted it off yesterday because of this thread.

Unfortunately, it doesn't give me an automatic everlasting hands-free hard on, but I've always wondered how it would feel if the pads/electrodes were placed in such a way that you could feel it while having sex. Maybe having a his and her tiny metal buttplug?

:biggrin1: Honey, RawDog can cum over whatever he likes :biggrin1:.

What a sweetheart! :biggrin1:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If flights to that side of the world were cheaper, we'd be going there during our summer breaks here.

Maybe one day. A girl can dream at least.

You remember correctly. I have a TENS unit and I took apart one set of pads and attached it to two different sized metal cock rings. I then slide the wider one to the base and the other right behind my glans. Gives my dick a nice buzz. In fact I dusted it off yesterday because of this thread.

Unfortunately, it doesn't give me an automatic everlasting hands-free hard on, but I've always wondered how it would feel if the pads/electrodes were placed in such a way that you could feel it while having sex. Maybe having a his and her tiny metal buttplug?

Ah ha! Thought I remembered a TENS thingy jig! According to that Wiki article, TENS units aren't as good as units designed specifically for sex. Maybe you should look into investing in one? And I see no reason that you couldn't use it while having sex. If I discover any differently after I get my toy, I'll let you know.

What a sweetheart! :biggrin1:

Anything for you :tongue:.

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah ha! Thought I remembered a TENS thingy jig! According to that Wiki article, TENS units aren't as good as units designed specifically for sex. Maybe you should look into investing in one? And I see no reason that you couldn't use it while having sex. If I discover any differently after I get my toy, I'll let you know.

As tempting as it may seem, it will be a bad investment if I can't talk MrsR into playing with this toy. Right now she's too squeamish about the whole "pumping electricity through your body for enjoyment" thing.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Use electrogel to make sure you get good contact.

Bad Contact is the easiest way to get burns.
Make sure your electrodes have connections that are solid.

NEVER EVER use electrodes to pass current above your waist. NEVER through the nipples. You could die.
When handling your electrodes, get them placed where you need them, make your connections, THEN connect it to your TENS unit.
Leave no opportunity for electricity to pass through your arms to your lower regions!
It's recommended that you use battery power, or a UL Listed wall wart transformer, never directly into AC power.

StereoStim is fun, but I've stuck to wall warts and battery powered devices - less worry of electrocution.
Check out SmartStim. It's a wealth of information, and has many audio files if you choose to go the stereostim way.

Last edited:

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
As tempting as it may seem, it will be a bad investment if I can't talk MrsR into playing with this toy. Right now she's too squeamish about the whole "pumping electricity through your body for enjoyment" thing.

It's definitely a different feeling.

I've tried several things, including the anal probe on one channel and another electrode at the tip of my glans. It's quite wild of a feeling!
For the big boys, they use specialty power boxes that cost in the realm of $400 USD.

You can build a StereoStim Rig for around $20, and try it out before you go bigger.
http://www.smartstim.com

StereoStim Build Page
http://smartstim.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

One of my Favorite Free Videos..
http://smartstim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=20110

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I have to admit, it still making me go :eek: on occasion. But I wanna try it anyway :biggrin1:.

Has she used the TENS unit for pain management before? It's not too big a jump from there. I figure, if someone else (the physio) can zap me with electricity and call it therapy, I can do the same to myself.

Use electrogel to make sure you get good contact.

Bad Contact is the easiest way to get burns.

Is standard lube okay for this, or should I be investing some of the special gel? I'm guessing that the special stuff will be designed for better conductivity.

Make sure your electrodes have connections that are solid.

:eek: This sounds a bit over my head. Can I just assume that as long as nothing looks weird or out of place, all is good?

NEVER EVER use electrodes to pass current above your waist. NEVER through the nipples. You could die.

The site I got it from says that too. Knowledge absorbed.

When handling your electrodes, get them placed where you need them, make your connections, THEN connect it to your TENS unit.
Leave no opportunity for electricity to pass through your arms to your lower regions!

Will do!! I am now paranoid about doing things in the right order. I think you've got me set a routine for life!

It's recommended that you use battery power, or a UL Listed wall wart transformer, never directly into AC power.

Okey, dokey.

StereoStim is fun, but I've stuck to wall warts and battery powered devices - less worry of electrocution.
Check out SmartStim. It's a wealth of information, and has many audio files if you choose to go the stereostim way.

Stereostim is hooking it up through a stereo system isn't it? Or is it?

I've tried several things, including the anal probe on one channel and another electrode at the tip of my glans. It's quite wild of a feeling!
For the big boys, they use specialty power boxes that cost in the realm of $400 USD.

Do you actually feel the electricity passing from one electrode to the other, or is the feeling more dispersed than that?

You can build a StereoStim Rig for around $20, and try it out before you go bigger.
http://www.smartstim.com

StereoStim Build Page
SmartStim.com • Login

One of my Favorite Free Videos..
SmartStim.com • Login

I will check them out!

Thank you so much for your input. It is much appreciated! (Especially considering the death factor).

Anyone else who has used them? Dolfette, I know you're a fan of them. You're actually the one who got me interested in them with all the posts about electrodes and cunts :tongue:. I was kinda hoping you'd make an appearance. *begs on knees*

I got an email today saying that my new toy/s have shipped! Yay!

closetfreak

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As for the lubrication and solid fitment, it does matter. If the attachments are loose in contact with your skin, or your skin is dry, its a painful burning sensation. Not the good pain. When it does pass through your body, it feels almost like your muscles are vibrating at a high frequency. You can vary the frequency, strength, and pulse length depending on the box you purchase. Its definitely something you have to experiment with to find what works for you. If you got a battery powered box, you can probably turn it to 10 and it wont be enough. With the wall-socket adapter I cant go over 6

Never pass electricity across your chest, a.k.a. across your heart.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Responses in Bold

Is standard lube okay for this, or should I be investing some of the special gel? I'm guessing that the special stuff will be designed for better conductivity.

Use Electro Gel - similar what hospitals use for electrode placement.
Here's a link. Get a small bottle for experimentation.
http://www.amazon.com/Parker-Spectra-Electrode-Gram-Tube/dp/B0002CA8RQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313020954&sr=8-1

:eek: This sounds a bit over my head. Can I just assume that as long as nothing looks weird or out of place, all is good?

Just make sure if you use home made electrodes such as copper wire, that it has good contact with your skin. If you purchase contact pads, this isn't as much as a worry.
http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Self-Stick-Tyco-gel/dp/B001CMDKX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313020954&sr=8-1

Also Check out http://www.happystim-usa.com/id57.html for more electrodes, wires, and accessories. Awesome person to buy from - no worries!

Stereostim is hooking it up through a stereo system isn't it? Or is it?

It is - but a very low wattage stereo, such as 2-3 watts and using a radio shack transformer to get the voltage where it needs to be.
For others reading this... DO NOT ...Repeat...DO NOT USE A HOME STEREO WITH HIGH WATTAGE!!! Doing so could lead to a very quick death.
There's wiring involved - you don't just hook the wires up to your body.
StereoStim is for the Do it yourself hobbyists that don't want to spend a ton on a TENS unit. Check the website and you'll see different peoples home made amplifiers.
But...there are good affordable units out there now, for around $100.
Steer clear of the Zeus power boxes you see. I've read that they're not all that grand.
If I had to recommend this to a close friend, or family member, I would tell them to avoid any plug in style box and stick with the battery powered tens units just for safety.

In a nutshell, StereoStim is a collection of user built audio files specifically designed for different sensations. There are some that make it feel like your getting jacked off...and for the ladies, some that feel like your getting eaten out. Thousands of different files are out there, but I strongly suggest trying files on a low setting to make sure there aren't any suprises. An amp turn on thump, or pop is particularly painful as it's a voltage spike. That's why its always good to have things set before you begin.

StereoStim users commonly use a free application with the files for playback using their computer sound card. This allows you to make adjustments to the audio files, as well as intensity levels, speed, etc. You can share files with others, or do group e-stim sessions with others online. (Dont know if I would do that though)

Do you actually feel the electricity passing from one electrode to the other, or is the feeling more dispersed than that?

I think it might be a little bit different for everybody. With my very cheap stereostim amp I built, it feels like a deep orgasm that travels from the tip of my cock, down my shaft, fills my balls, and then radiates in my rectum.
That's with one electrode on my glans, and one flexible conductive rubber hoop in the anus/rectum. For the ladies, I would definitely recommend the patches as you can affix them where you want them and leave things hands free.

One other piece of advice - try to keep your connectors common if you can. Once you dig into it, you'll notice that there are various styles of connectors, so you may have to do some cut and splice to save some cost.
Use the Estim forum I gave you for a reference....there's a ton of good information in there.

Thank you so much for your input. It is much appreciated! (Especially considering the death factor).

No problem - I wouldn't want anyone getting hurt by it.

I got an email today saying that my new toy/s have shipped! Yay!

Let us know with some photos of your stuff. Would be cool to see what you ended up getting.

Last edited:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As for the lubrication and solid fitment, it does matter. If the attachments are loose in contact with your skin, or your skin is dry, its a painful burning sensation. Not the good pain. When it does pass through your body, it feels almost like your muscles are vibrating at a high frequency. You can vary the frequency, strength, and pulse length depending on the box you purchase. Its definitely something you have to experiment with to find what works for you. If you got a battery powered box, you can probably turn it to 10 and it wont be enough. With the wall-socket adapter I cant go over 6

Never pass electricity across your chest, a.k.a. across your heart.

Thanks for your input!! I wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm like you and find myself wanting more. I tend to enjoy being overstimulated.

Use Electro Gel - similar what hospitals use for electrode placement.
Here's a link. Get a small bottle for experimentation.
http://www.amazon.com/Parker-Spectra-Electrode-Gram-Tube/dp/B0002CA8RQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313020954&sr=8-1

I will invest in a bottle then!

Just make sure if you use home made electrodes such as copper wire, that it has good contact with your skin. If you purchase contact pads, this isn't as much as a worry.
http://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Self-Stick-Tyco-gel/dp/B001CMDKX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313020954&sr=8-1

I totally intend to stick with buying pads. I really don't know enough about this stuff to trust myself fucking around with it.

Also Check out http://www.happystim-usa.com/id57.html for more electrodes, wires, and accessories. Awesome person to buy from - no worries!

'Tis bookmarked for future use. Thank you!

It is - but a very low wattage stereo, such as 2-3 watts and using a radio shack transformer to get the voltage where it needs to be.
For others reading this... DO NOT ...Repeat...DO NOT USE A HOME STEREO WITH HIGH WATTAGE!!! Doing so could lead to a very quick death.
There's wiring involved - you don't just hook the wires up to your body.
StereoStim is for the Do it yourself hobbyists that don't want to spend a ton on a TENS unit. Check the website and you'll see different peoples home made amplifiers.
But...there are good affordable units out there now, for around $100.

Seriously, this stuff sounds scary to me! Probably comes from not knowing anything about electrical wiring. RawDog may be able to tackle it though.

Steer clear of the Zeus power boxes you see. I've read that they're not all that grand.
If I had to recommend this to a close friend, or family member, I would tell them to avoid any plug in style box and stick with the battery powered tens units just for safety.

Maybe I should have posted this thread BEFORE I went shopping - I am now (or will be soon) the owner of a ZEUS power box!!! Never mind. Even if it's crap, it should be enough for me to figure out if I like the sensations. I can always upgrade if it isn't doing the job satisfactorily.

In a nutshell, StereoStim is a collection of user built audio files specifically designed for different sensations. There are some that make it feel like your getting jacked off...and for the ladies, some that feel like your getting eaten out. Thousands of different files are out there, but I strongly suggest trying files on a low setting to make sure there aren't any suprises. An amp turn on thump, or pop is particularly painful as it's a voltage spike. That's why its always good to have things set before you begin.

StereoStim users commonly use a free application with the files for playback using their computer sound card. This allows you to make adjustments to the audio files, as well as intensity levels, speed, etc. You can share files with others, or do group e-stim sessions with others online. (Dont know if I would do that though)

Now I'm seeing the appeal in it!!! That sounds like so much fun!

I think it might be a little bit different for everybody. With my very cheap stereostim amp I built, it feels like a deep orgasm that travels from the tip of my cock, down my shaft, fills my balls, and then radiates in my rectum.
That's with one electrode on my glans, and one flexible conductive rubber hoop in the anus/rectum. For the ladies, I would definitely recommend the patches as you can affix them where you want them and leave things hands free.

*shivers* I'm liking the sound of this :biggrin1:. I do hope it will live up to my expectations!

One other piece of advice - try to keep your connectors common if you can. Once you dig into it, you'll notice that there are various styles of connectors, so you may have to do some cut and splice to save some cost.
Use the Estim forum I gave you for a reference....there's a ton of good information in there.

I'm going to have a proper read of everything again once I've had a chance to play. I think I'll have a better idea of what I'm talking about then. I'm not too worried about saving money at the moment. If I develop a psychological addiction to it, I'll start worrying then!

Let us know with some photos of your stuff. Would be cool to see what you ended up getting.

As both you and ML have asked:

Zeus Deluxe Digital Power Box | eXtreme Restraints

Zeus Electrosex Deep Intruder | eXtreme Restraints

sextek.com informative FAQs

This bit seemed a little concerning:

"Limit initial sessions to less than 30 minutes. Longer or more intense sessions can produce a harmless but sometimes undesirable "lingering tingling" sensation that can last as long as 24 hours, whereby the genitals remain at a heightened state of arousal. Just (try to) go slowly, especially when incorporating new electrodes into your setup."

Seriously, I'm at a heightened state of arousal already - I don't want it getting any worse!

blowfish.com each of their e-stim toys gets a description of function and play.

Totally loving this part:

"The sensations are amazing, if a bit hard to describe; "being fucked by a ghost" is one thing we've heard it called."

Sounds rather enjoyable :biggrin1:.

All the other info was interesting too. Really, really distracted by the 'fucked by a ghost' thing :biggrin1:.

babeland.com awesome how to section

They seem to have a how to for everything! Brilliant link.

is there a link ya can post to something close your model?

Linked above.

OHOH, PM Mr. Psidom! he's a gear head, he'll be able to 101 ya.

PMing strangers makes me nervous :redface:, but I'll keep it in mind.

I just wanted to thank subgirrl from the bottom of my heart for starting this thread. You (and all the contributors here) have resuscitated my interest in this field. (puns intended, but sincere)

You're welcome. Maybe a bit of research will reassure MrsR that it's safe and desirable?

Big thanks to all contributors from me too! What would I do without LPSG?

i keep waiting for Ms. Dolfette and her cunt electrodes to show up.
*checks watch*

It's because of her cunt electrodes that I'm buying this stuff!