Eli Roth

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:biggrin1: I suspect they're talking about the horror movie director.

Not nuts about him myself, though that's driven by my opinion of his body of work.

Oooooooooooooh... I thought it queer that queers were into aged-German lead metal guitarists. Uli, Eli... my bad. Carry on with the bo hunkety. I've got nudies of Tom Wopat... does that count?

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oooooooooooooh... I thought it queer that queers were into aged-German lead metal guitarists. Uli, Eli... my bad. Carry on with the bo hunkety. I've got nudies of Tom Wopat... does that count?

The aged German lead metal guitarist faction of the queer lifestyle is a small but lively group FK, you'd be surprised. Most commonly found at rough and tumble bars such as Hamburg's Ram-Stein, Cologne's Rainbow or Hanover's Dark Seed, you can usually identify them by their iron cross nipple rings and scorpion-tail hairdos.

While not on topic, I certainly wouldn't kick any Tom Wopat's to the curb should you upload them. :tongue:

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've seen a number of his films and they aren't as good as he thinks. He tends to focus more on disgusting his audience than terrifying them... there's obviously a market for splatter flicks, I just never understood the point of a horror movie that isn't compellingly scary. Plus his writing style comes across as really misogynistic, even for that genre.

The only film of his I enjoyed was his 2 minute fake-trailer for "Thanksgiving" in the middle of Tarantino and Rodriguez's "Grindhouse." It was so intentionally bad it was hilarious and a great send-up of 70's slasher flicks, complete with idiotic narration, awful music, terrible acting, and preposterous kill scenes (like a guy getting his head cut off while his girlfriend is kissing him and her not noticing). Worth it for the rewind value of a giggling cheerleader stripping while bouncing on a trampoline, seeing the knife come up through the bottom of the trampoline, and then her picking the wrong time to do a split.

He does look a lot like Zach Quinto, though, and is an attractive man. If I remember correctly there's a behind the scenes interview with him while showering on the set of "Hostel."

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've seen a number of his films and they aren't as good as he thinks. He tends to focus more on disgusting his audience than terrifying them... there's obviously a market for splatter flicks, I just never understood the point of a horror movie that isn't compellingly scary. Plus his writing style comes across as really misogynistic, even for that genre.

The only film of his I enjoyed was his 2 minute fake-trailer for "Thanksgiving" in the middle of Tarantino and Rodriguez's "Grindhouse." It was so intentionally bad it was hilarious and a great send-up of 70's slasher flicks, complete with idiotic narration, awful music, terrible acting, and preposterous kill scenes (like a guy getting his head cut off while his girlfriend is kissing him and her not noticing). Worth it for the rewind value of a giggling cheerleader stripping while bouncing on a trampoline, seeing the knife come up through the bottom of the trampoline, and then her picking the wrong time to do a split.

He does look a lot like Zach Quinto, though, and is an attractive man. If I remember correctly there's a behind the scenes interview with him while showering on the set of "Hostel."

:eek:mfg: Yes. He has a VERY nice hairy bod. I would've liked to have been the cameraman. Wow. And his production accountant Mark Bakunas is a buff dad. Yum!!!

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While I can't bring myself to watch any of his movies (I know, I'm a big pansy), I do agree that he is very attractive.

P.S: Could he and Zach Quinto be long-lost brothers?

I made myself watch hostel after I heard it had some sexy parts and hunky Jay Hernandez always makes my dick hard. The scene with him begging in German actually got me a little "thrilled" and I've never been interested in that sort of thing.

Anyways, in the Hostel commentary Roth says that he and the camera man were the only ones on the set for the scene where the kid tries to walk after his achilles tendons are sliced because it was too gross for cast and crew. When something like that happens, you know you're dealing with something really disgusting.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...his writing style comes across as really misogynistic, even for that genre.

I won't watch his films, either, but I read somewhere that they contain subtext that is simultaneously homoerotic and homophobic.

Oh, I think I found it:
Hellbent: Scream, Queens