Elizabeth Taylor Rest In Peace

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Elizabeth Taylor 1932 - 2011

Elizabeth Taylor has died at the age of 79.

Taylor had been hospitalized for the last two months for symptoms of congestive heart failure. She died Wednesday morning surrounded by her children: Michael Wilding, Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd, and Maria Burton, Taylor's publicist, Sally Morrison, said in a statement.

You will be greatly missed.

Attachments

Last edited:

elegant20

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Very, very sad news. And look at the number friends she had: Roddy McDowall, Rock Hudson, Montgomery Clift, etc...and she did outlived them all. It is sad legends like Liz will go out so soon....a really sad day now.:frown1:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What a legacy. She did more the medical advancement than any other citizen I can think of...let alone a great career. One of a kind.

S

superbot

Not the best actress there ever was,but without doubt one of the biggest stars...

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Elizabeth Taylor 1932 - 2011

Elizabeth Taylor has died at the age of 79.

Taylor had been hospitalized for the last two months for symptoms of congestive heart failure. She died Wednesday morning surrounded by her children: Michael Wilding, Christopher Wilding, Liza Todd, and Maria Burton, Taylor's publicist, Sally Morrison, said in a statement.

You will be greatly missed.

CNN Tribute to Elizabeth Taylor

Last edited:

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Truly a shocker! She seemed like she would live forever. She overcame one adversity after another. A magnificently beautiful woman, talented actress, devoted friend, and a phenomenal fund riaser for AIDS charities. There never was or will be anyone like her.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I would not choose today to make light of Ms. Taylor's accomplishments:
Not the best actress there ever was,but without doubt one of the biggest stars...
Maybe not the "best ever" (who is?) but certainly in the high echelons. Have you ever seen Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? She won a well deserved Oscar for that, as well as for Butterfield 8. She was a rare, natural talent, and though the public may have been distracted by her phenomenal beauty and soap opera life, she was a serious, hardworking actress of the highest order, unlike so many "stars" of today.

She was also awarded a special 'Humanitarian Academy Award' in 1992 for her tireless work on behalf of AMFAR, The American Foundation for AIDs Research. She said on that occasion, "It is the highest possible accolade I could receive from my peers, and for doing something I just have to do, that my passion must do. I am filled with pride and humility." Who knows how many lives she has touched through her decades of activism alone, how many lives she saved?

Elizabeth was a great humanitarian, a loyal friend, a fine actress, a mesmerizing screen presence, highly intelligent, and for some time one of the most beautiful and most desireable women in the world - yet she never took herself that seriously. She was plagued by health problems for decades, yet she remained optimistic and engaged in her cause. She was very down to earth, she had a terrific sense of humor, and she was able to laugh at herself and her public foibles. She will be greatly missed.

A living legend has passed from this earth, but her legacy will long endure.

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I sat near she and Richard Burton once on a flight and years later I was introduced to her at an Aids Benefit. She was really a lovely lady. RIP Miss Taylor.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sad news indeed. She was one of the few very famous actors who's performance on screen was so good that you forgot she was Liz Taylor and related to the character, not the actor. Her "Katharina" is an example and A Place in the Sun is one of my all time favourite films. IMO she was a much better player than Burton and outshone him every time they were paired together.

RIP.