Elizabeth Taylor Rest In Peace

parr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would not choose today to make light of Ms. Taylor's accomplishments:
Maybe not the "best ever" (who is?) but certainly in the high echelons. Have you ever seen Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? She won a well deserved Oscar for that, as well as for Butterfield 8. She was a rare, natural talent, and though the public may have been distracted by her phenomenal beauty and soap opera life, she was a serious, hardworking actress of the highest order, unlike so many "stars" of today.

She was also awarded a special 'Humanitarian Academy Award' in 1992 for her tireless work on behalf of AMFAR, The American Foundation for AIDs Research. She said on that occasion, "It is the highest possible accolade I could receive from my peers, and for doing something I just have to do, that my passion must do. I am filled with pride and humility." Who knows how many lives she has touched through her decades of activism alone, how many lives she saved?

Elizabeth was a great humanitarian, a loyal friend, a fine actress, a mesmerizing screen presence, highly intelligent, and for some time one of the most beautiful and most desireable women in the world - yet she never took herself that seriously. She was plagued by health problems for decades, yet she remained optimistic and engaged in her cause. She was very down to earth, she had a terrific sense of humor, and she was able to laugh at herself and her public foibles. She will be greatly missed.

A living legend has passed from this earth, but her legacy will long endure.

Nice tribute Max.

S

superbot

She was seen as a friend to the gay community because of her long advocacy/fundraising efforts around HIV/AIDS.
....I realize that.But 'protest' and 'funeral' ????? Hardly can there be two things that are more inappropriately linked!!! Do these people have no sense of shame?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In lighter news I heard on television that she had the funeral start 15 minutes late intentionally... so that everyone there could say "She was late to her own funeral."

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Welcome to crackpot America, superbot.

These people are just primitive, but as we were recently told by our Supreme Court, their speech is protected by the First Amendment.

....I realize that.But 'protest' and 'funeral' ????? Hardly can there be two things that are more inappropriately linked!!! Do these people have no sense of shame?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Presumably Forest Lawn is private property and WBC wasn't allowed inside the gate. There's no mention of them in this story covering the funeral. I was, however, intrigued by the description of Colin Farrell as a "close friend" :wink:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A friend of mine works for Christie's and invited me to a private tour of The Elizabeth Taylor Collection up for auction. I'm typically not interested in looking at the baubles and gewgaws of the deceased but I was sort of titillated to be invited to a private event. I'll let you know if I find anything for my holiday wish list. The Collection of Elizabeth Taylor | Christie's