Email from my old Electric Company...need for concern?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I got an email from PS&G saying that my online Bill Pay will not be available for a few days in March.

It was sent to my e-mail address but with another person's name. I never used bill pay with them.

I know if I call them it will be a hassle and they will ask me my account number which I don't have since I no longer live in a PSE&G state.

Should I pursue it, or just ignore it as an accidental e-mail?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Hi Mem, i ignored my bill from my previous home because i had paid up, gave readings etc. 3 years later i got a bill for 6 x the amount with a court order to pay, the new person never paid his bill and re-registered as me and disappeared so they came after me for some reason, it took months to sort and clear my credit history which had been good. it may be hassle now, but it would be better than leaving it for it to come back and haunt you in the future mate.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I called PSE&G. They were helpful. I found out that the name of the e-mail is the new tenant at my old apartment. I am not linked to the account at all. She asked me if I wouldn't mind giving my last 4 SS#s. They did not match any of the new ones on file.

She gave me an online number to call. It was in India. They were useless and told me to call regular customer service.

Customer service then said it must have been an error and she will put a notation on the account. Must have been a glitch in the system where the address was linked to my e-mail, it should have been linked to the account number instead.

Denby

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I got an email from PS&G saying that my online Bill Pay will not be available for a few days in March.

It was sent to my e-mail address but with another person's name. I never used bill pay with them.

I know if I call them it will be a hassle and they will ask me my account number which I don't have since I no longer live in a PSE&G state.

Should I pursue it, or just ignore it as an accidental e-mail?
Keep track of all your communications with them. It might have been an accident but better to be safe.