Emasculated soldiers

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The Gaurdian is reporting that the troops are frequently encountering IEDs designed to destroy their testicles and penis, in addition to their arms and legs. The body armour currently available protects the genitals from projectiles coming from the front but none from below.
Some guys are issuing instructions to be allowed to die on the battlefield if their injuries include loss of their manhood.

t1ctac

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Can't speak for the Army, but the Marine Corps has already started fielding protective undergarments currently issued by the British. Most of the genital damage from blasts is from sand and other fine particulates, so these reduce a great number of injuries. Sourcing options are being looked at for thicker over garment styles (like our current flak vests.)

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The concept isn't really new.

"Bouncing Betties" or the "S-Mine" was a type of landmine first used by the Germans in the early years of the Second World War (and later copied by the US and other Allied forces) that sprung up to waist height and exploded metal projectiles, thereby maiming or killing its targets. The prospect of genital maiming terrified Allied soldiers.

S-mine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Welsh love a bit of kevlar in their undies, Drift. ;)

Seriously, tho - sounds awful. :(

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I read about this earlier today from a couple of different sources. Am I the only one who wonders why it's taken almost ten years to address this issue?

And, FWIW, if I were a young man with that level of risk, I'd have DNR orders plainly and clearly in place.