Embarrassing Songs

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Icantthinkofaname, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Icantthinkofaname

Albums:
    We all probably have them, the songs you'd never admit to liking in public while sober, the ones that make you nostalgic for your younger days, the ones that make you hide your iTunes from sight, the ones you downloaded after having one too many beers while browsing Youtube...

I have several, mostly anime and video game themes. Everybody in my inner circle knows how much of a massive geek I am, but I'd still probably get ragged on for having Moonlight Densetsu and the Outer Scout's Theme and the Starlight's Theme from Sailor Moon on several of my playlists.

So, sharing is caring. Tell me what songs you won't cop to liking.

2. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Some of the early Britney Spears songs :redface:

Considering that I usually listen to Metallica, Offspring, Green Day and the like, Britney doesn't quite fit . . .

3. yaoirabbit

yaoirabbit New Member

Fixed. :09:

But seriously, no. I'm not ashamed of any of the music I listen to. I purchased the soundtrack to Space Channel 5 because I thought the video game had really good music. My cousins did have something to say about it and even got a laugh out of the fact that I bought it. And honestly, I could care less what they think. Their opinions haven't stopped me from putting it in my CD player and I refuse to let their discontent dictate my interests.

4. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll post a few here even though I'm not ashamed or embarrassed - I'm proud of my dorkiness! I'm a real sucker for happy euro-technopop and the Stock/Aitken/Waterman style of production.

Collette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbttV49bq8

Fast Food Rockers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3dPXxPGbmM

Cheeky Girls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AFZXgjrgg

(dis?)honorable mentions: Aqua, Steps, Spice Girls, Macarena (love the song but hate the dance), DJ Bobo, Mr President, Dr Alban.....I could go on forever!

#4 willow78, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I sometimes put this on the stereo and run around the house naked lip syncing and acting out all the parts ofCopacabaana

6. D_Ezdras Dingledonger

I actually really like almost anything by Michael McDonald. I went to a concert of his back when I lived in Boston and I was the youngest dude there. I have a thing for motown/blue-eyed soul.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ibblFcvaKQ Aqua- Barbie girl, this could be my theme song of how I feel around some people!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnuYhFRYbAw Deniece Williams- Let's hear it for the boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHxx0ZeIZU 7 year Bitch- The Scratch... the name of the group says it all

Better yet... my entire library of music is an eclcetic collection of various works from oldies, country, classical, rock, r&b, musicals.... I listen to just about anything whenever the mood strikes me. However, I tend to be out of touch with current pop songs:confused:

#7 HiddenLacey, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  8. ronin001

Gold Member

Albums:
    For some reason I sing Dolly Parton songs when i am down and no one is around.

Next time you are feeling low or unmotivated watch the video to " Hard Candy Christmas". from the movie The best little whore house in texas.

9. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    To a degree impossible to explain to younger people (for whom it's a tiresome cliché) or older people who never "got" it, Donna Summer's Last Dance was a seminal moment in the first summer, aged 18, of complete independence as a kid all alone in Boston in 1978, looking for love in all the wrong discos :redface:

I will admit that, under some specific (usually altered) states of mind, it can push out a tear or two: UB at his most absurdly romantically vulnerable. :redface:

10. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

The other day I was listening to XM radio top 20 countdown and in between the countdown they played "Baby Baby" by Jason Beiber. I admit and am ashamed, that I found myself singing along (its not a hard song to learn...I think there are only 6 words in the whole song). I thought what the hell is happening to me because I thought for a moment it was a catchy tune. I guess it was my inner 12 year old girl screaming to come out and yes, I was embarassed.

11. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I know how you feel. I spent 1978 tearing up when I heard this song. (long tedious story... I got over it eventually)It's A Heartache
    But I remember dancing to Last Dance in my poly Kikik shirt and Famolare wave shoes and parachute pants and gigantic hair!
    I remember it like it was yesterday... thanks for the trip down memory lane.

12. B_Tonnie

B_Tonnie New Member

DUE TO MY WORK, BASED BETWEEN AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAN
    If i'm a bit down kylie's version of ''locomotion'' get's me back to my old self, don't ask me why, i have no idea...............

13. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Here is my infamous "Roller Girl" outfit, pic taken Summer 78 :wink:

Other hits that Summer were Patrick Juvet's I Love America and The Village People's San Francisco.

#13 Bbucko, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  14. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I love that photo thanks for sharing it! I was a blonde version of you dancing to this!Born To Be Alive

15. arthurdent

Gold Member

Albums:
    And she sings "I will always love you" in that film too. So touching. Makes me well up inside. Much better than Whitney's warbling cover.

My guilty pleasure is sometimes singing along to old Barry Manilow songs in the car. Weekend in New England. Mandy. Looks like we made it. Ready to take a chance again. Can't smile without you. Even now.

16. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
  17. Icantthinkofaname

Albums:
    Yeah yeah yeah, I should be backing the lesbians instead of the cousins, I know. It was a slip.

18. Daisy

Gold Member

OMG that has to be THE cheesiest video ever filmed..EVER! LOL

I admit that I like Owl City- Fireflies.

19. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

my S.O. and i absolutely love rick astley's "never gonna give you up." it's so cheesy and we can never stop singing it to each other. it's our guilty pleasure.

my personal embarrassingly cheesy song is "escape" by: rupert holmes, AKA the "pina colada song."

20. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

That's and Is This Love by Whitesnake.

Draft saved Draft deleted