Emile Hirsch Gets It Out - Into The Wild

NewArtz

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't help but notice when I look at Emile in the "Speed Racer" promo shots where he has that intense look that he bears a resemblance to Jack Black. It might have looked like a good career choice, but the movies not doing all that well.

I look forward to seeing Emile in "Milk", directed by Gus Van Sandt and starring Sean Penn as Harvey Milk, coming out this fall. He has a curly "afro" and horned rimmed glasses - very retro.

Attachments

Reactions: Shark16
O

OldFirm08

He actually got pretty emaciated for the starved' out look in 'Wild. Wonder if that also affected his size?

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What situation would that be satsfakshun? He was there by his own choice the entire movie.

It's clearer in the book than the film, but the river he crossed on his way in was a raging torrent when he wanted to leave by early summer. That's why he starved to death. They show him looking out over what had become impassable, but then they show him swimming nude in a creek. I'm thinking if he could take that, he could try to beat the odds and get a across the bigger river. He was getting weaker by the day, though.

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The irony was that, if he'd known the area better, there was a place less than a mile down river that had been part of a mining operation where the river narrowed to just a couple dozen feet and that a cable remained strung across it. Someone trying to get out could have used that cable to crawl over the water.

Divine1

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Into the Wild was a GREAT movie. I was totally moved. I still can't believe it is based on a true story.

Emile is a very talented actor. I think he should have been nominated for an Oscar for that performance.

Let's hope you will continue to show skin in future movies....not much to see in Into the Wild.