Emotional connections to music?

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm the same as most of you, very connected emotionally to music and a lot of it reminds me of certain times, or moods, or thoughts. Music is intensely visual to me, so I see it as well as hear it. One of my favorite albums that just kills my heart every time is Nick Cave's "The Boatman's Call."

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So. I don't really know where to start here. Are any of you people emotionally connected to music, or do you just listen to it because it sounds good?

Emotionally connected is the underlying attraction to music for me, no doubt about it. Yah, I like to dance and move and have fun and all but the real connection is the flights of fancy I can take into my memories or imagination whenever the right music is going.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just loads of yesses! I love music, it can make or break a mood for me, and lyrics are primarily important, tho if attached to a bad melody it wont be any good.That said, there are many instrumental songs I like as well, since the melody alone can invoke an emotion.
I have written a few songs and had them recorded and played locally, but I wrote only the lyrics- the melodies were done by real musicians with my okay that the melody conveyed the emotion.
I have so much music I have no place to keep it (ie hard drive space, cd's in car, etc)and really wish I had someone to organize it for me!! I have organized lists of course- 'break up songs' 'falling in love songs' 'walking on clouds songs' 'life sucks' lol

I just love music.