empirical average size

drabman

Expert Member
Media
Not sure why all the guys ive been with were hung...

Need I ask if you actually measured ANY of them - let alone correctly?

but my friend once told me average could be bigger because most guys that show up to these meetings are guys who are small and want to find out more infomation about dick size...
"Penis size measurement meetings"? Conjures up an interesting image.

If your friend thinks that men who believe they are smaller than average are likely to feel disproportionately more confident in displaying their perceived inadequacy in the trouser department to total strangers, then I would argue that he has a somewhat eccentric understanding of human psychology. The argument that small men would subject themselves to public embarrassment merely to find out more information about penis size, when they could simply look on the net like everyone else, is bizarre in the extreme. It's far more likely to be the case that surveys overestimate average size, due to the likely over-representation of larger guys in most surveys - i.e tsuch individuals are likely to suffer less anxiety from the prospect of public scrutiny.

Let's say there are 2 guys....

Guy A has a 5 inch dick and has noticed that most guys are bigger than him in the locker room and maybe has even noticed that his girlfriend doesnt seem to be really into him during sex.

Guy B has a 8 inch dick and has noticed that he is much bigger than everyone else in the lockeroom at the gym. His girl friend always says how huge he is and his sex is great.

Now which of the two guys is more likely to show up for a penis size study where a doctor will measure your cock?

The Small Guy. Why? Cause he knows something isnt right. He has read his whole life that size matters, even if it isnt true and he wants answers. Is he small? Can he change this? Do the pills even work? These are questions that a DOCTOR can answer and questions that can be answered if he went to the size survey. Any hey, its anonymous so why not...?
This argument is illogical on many levels. For example, if someone wants to asks questions a doctor can answer they can simply GO to their doctor, rather than get naked and suffer the embarrassment of having their perceived inadequacies scrutinised by a total stranger.

In any case, the surveys aren't anonymous. How is it possible to be anonymous when you are naked from the waist down with someone handling your johnson? Are you under the impression participants are allowed to wear facemasks?

The big guy on the other hand knows he is OK below the belt. He may think size doesnt matter but to him it sure doesnt hurt! If your the big guy... why do you go to the survey?
For the same reason anyone participates in a survey I guess. Whatever reason that is, it's hardly likely to be for the purpose of gaining information, since the survey will only be able to provide such information AFTER its been completed. Your assumption is therefore totally illogical.

And the same goes for online surveys. Small guys surf the web to learn about average size.. big guys more often know they have what it takes. Why waste their time?
Of course online surveys are of limited value, but not for the reasons you give. They are unreliable because you don't know the methodology used to obtain the data (i.e if participants are measuring in the same way) or if the data is reliable (guys lie through their teeth about dick size - just take a look at this forum).

The fact is that numerus surveys conducted at different times, by different institutions in different countries, with different sample populations and different sample sizes ALL arrive at very similar results - and these are far lower than those you claim to have found in your personal and anecdotal experience. I could find other people whose experience differs radically from your own, for all the good it would do. Such personal testimonies are all very interesting but are useless on their own. As the saying goes, "the plural of anecdote is not data".

drabman

Expert Member
Media
... I think a lot of guys with 6.5 - 8 inch dicks don't really measure from the bone or don't bother to even measure accurately at all....they look down and see "about 6 inches" but you add 1 inch from the bone press and another .5 to 1 inch for just being modest...you go from 6 to 8...

I see. So most men tend to be underestimate and downplay the size of their own penises do they?

The determination of some to believe that there are huge dicks to be found at every turn has led them to some bizarre leaps of faith and logic at times, but this one takes the biscuit.

I would say half the guys are at least 7 inches...
And others would say different. What anyone "says" is immaterial - what they can prove is the only thing that matters.

many 8 inches and above...have pics that back it up.
You've got to be kidding me.

There's a thread on this very forum - where you would expect to find a disproportionate number of guys with large penises - that asks for anyone with a properly measured 8" penis to post pictures. To date the thread stands at over 40 pages and yet once you filter out the BS measurements, blatant photoshop jobs and the like, there are only two or three legitmate pictures posted at best - and that's if you're being generous. The idea that "many" men have properly measured penises above 8 inches is absolutely ludicrous.

I see ads on Craigslist where the title says "looking for smaller dick" and when you read the details it says.."looking for guy with a 6 inch dick."...
Which confirms that most people have no idea what constitutes "small", "average" and "large" - and possibly that they also have a poor idea of what six inches looks like in reality.

Really, a 5 or 5.5 inch dick in the gay community is considered small, not average.
Funny - I read an old thread on here just the other day, where a couple of gay posters claimed they had never encountered a penis above 7.5" bonepressed. Go figure.