Emt

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
alex8 said:
If you don't have the sophistication to call it a coronary, I vote that Firefox should let you struggle through on your own. :tongue:

/stuggles through

/dies

/doesn't invite alex8 to funeral ... or the after-party

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had a post then it erased it... stupid Windows 98. My first shift is in a few hours (6am) and I want to wish for something big to happen but then again that means someone is going to get hurt so it like a positive/negative.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Dr Rock said:
i don't know what EMT or AMR are, but great i guess

For all the other people outside North America for whom this thread will indeed be utterly meaningless: Emergency Medical Technician for American Medical Response. Something approaching a paramedic, in other words.

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Congratulations Firefox. Do you also drive the ambulance? I worked with an ex-EMT who claimed she could back up an ambulance in to a compact car parking space.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Again my first post was erased...anyway...

EMT= Emergency Medical Technician
I am an EMT-3 (Emergency Medical Technician Intermediate) this is one step down from a Paramedic (EMT-4) as rated by the NREMT.

AMR= American Medical Response
AMR is a company that is taken under a contract from the city so that the city does not have to organise and maintain its own force. (Most city's do this.)
-----
First day, so I started off the day being told that I was going to drive, shortly there after I found out that I sucked at driving and I was no longer allowed to drive, Jim drove. Basically the day was calm until late afternoon where we responded to a call on Burnside, a kid who riding his bike was hit by a semi-truck, he was in critical condition when we got them, we took them to Legacy Emanuel Hospital, the last time I saw him he was on the way to surgery. Truly this was not that bad of a day.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
good for you, congratulations! It's nice to put all that studying and tests behind and get to the real stuff.:cool:

perfect10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
First day, so I started off the day being told that I was going to drive, shortly there after I found out that I sucked at driving and I was no longer allowed to drive, Jim drove.

The next time you drive, could you try hitting some of the cars that don't pull over and get out of the way. It pisses me off.

Maybe it's just an LA thing.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
findfirefox said:
Basically the day was calm until late afternoon where we responded to a call on Burnside, a kid who riding his bike was hit by a semi-truck, he was in critical condition when we got them, we took them to Legacy Emanuel Hospital, the last time I saw him he was on the way to surgery. Truly this was not that bad of a day.

Congrats on the job.

I've almost gotten smacked on Burnside myself, near where it crosses Sandy and all that clusterfuck of an intersection.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
No it's not an LA thing, its an everywhere thing.

We got stuck behind this blue Honda mini-van, see thats a problem, we were slowed down enough that I could could investigate what car it was.

People move your cars out of the way, please?

ceg1526

Experimental Member
Media
Sounds like a good start to your career. You'll turn out to be a fine driver - just get some practice runs in before you need to go Code 3 in the snow.

Take care

Ceg