Encounters! (of the non-sexual variety)

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
Ok, I have a HUGE thing for the paranormal. I love horror movies, personal stories, photos, stumbling across 300 year old cemeteries in the middle of the woods.... I eat shit like that up. I can't ever get enough. My bookshelf has always been littered with ghost books and old encyclopedias of paranormal activities and great monsters.
Does anyone here have any stories from their own life of creepy stuff that has happened to them?

Note: I do know a lot of you think this stuff is stupid and you don't believe in it blah, blah, blah. Well, you can suck my left tit because I don't care. Do not rain on my thread with criticism, you dig?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like spooky stuff too though I'm not sure I believe in all (or even any) of it though, sorry.

Nothing especially spooky comes to mind other some very very very very odd coincidences and such like.:smile:

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
My house is haunted by my former dog. She will bark in the middle of the night and my neighbor has also heard her barking. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I have her cremated remains in an urn in my living room.

What's interesting is that my new puppy goes down the hallway and growls and looks right at the urn, so there must be something to it, because how would a dog know what's in an urn?

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
My house is haunted by my former dog. She will bark in the middle of the night and my neighbor has also heard her barking. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that I have her cremated remains in an urn in my living room.

What's interesting is that my new puppy goes down the hallway and growls and looks right at the urn, so there must be something to it, because how would a dog know what's in an urn?
*shudders* Whoooh!:biggrin:

I'm also fairly interested in the paranormal. Two of my favorite TV shows are about ghosts: Ghost Hunters on Sci Fi and Most Haunted on the Travel Channel. I've never experienced anything paranormal but I do love hearing others recount their experiences and ghost stories. I hope this thread will draw more of these like Prepstud's!

B_Cocktale

Just Browsing
Media
I once was awakened in the middle of the night to find the Virgin Mary at the foot of my bed - I was roughly nine years old.

The following morning I told my mother what had happened.

She said (and I quote) "Dear? You had Shrimp Curry for dinner last night. You're lucky you didn't see satan. Now be rational. We don't see the Virgin Mary. We're Protestants".

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a few experiences to share.

The first story I'll share, is about hearing voices. I heard them twice in my life, once when I was about 5, and the other time when I was 12. Both times it was while I was in bed, and almost asleep. In that odd stage where your thoughts start turning into dreams, and you're almost asleep, but you can still hear what's going on around you... So yeah. I would be in that stage, and I would start hearing two voices. One mans voice, one womans voice. I couldn't tell you where they were in my room. They weren't right next to me, but they weren't far away. They weren't in my head, like thoughts... I remember how I described it to my brother when I was 5. I said it was like two tiny people sitting JUST in the inside of my ear, chatting away. The odd thing is, I have no idea what they were saying. They were talking so incredibly fast, that I couldn't understand anything. But their voices were perfectly clear. I have since learned through psychic mediums that spirits speak so fast that most people don't hear them. I have no idea who the man and woman are. I thought maybe guardian angels. *shrug*

The second and third story are things I've heard of through friends. One of them was regarding a Ouija Board. My friends Hillary and Stephanie said that they had MADE a Ouija Board one night out of cardboard because they didn't have one of their own. They used a plastic petri dish as their little thing to slide around the board. Anywho, I guess they were playing with it and it started freaking them out because they were getting really scary answers to things, and lights in the house started turning themselves on and off. So they took the Ouija Board outside by the side of the road and burned it. They stood there and watched it burn till it was out. Then they turned around to head back inside and burst back in flames.

The third story is from another friend, Melanie. She had a poltergeist in her house. It never hurt anyone, but it hurt the house. It would pick up knick knacks and hurtle them across the room into the wall. It would open and them slam shut the kitchen cabinets, etc... they called someone out to bless their house and get rid of the spirit, and it worked. No more problems since.

The fourth and last story I will share is one that my brother and I experienced a little bit together. My brother was in middle school, I was in elementary school. He got home before I did. I walked in the door, and my brother was sitting on the couch, the house completely quiet. No TV or anything. He just sat there, staring into space. I sat next to him and asked him what was wrong. He said that when he came home, he heard voices in the basement. They were laughing, talking, etc. One of the voices was that of our brother who had committed suicide only a few months earlier. The voices stopped before I came home, but it had completely freaked him out and he didn't want to move. He told me to go into the kitchen and look at what was on the fridge. We had one of those mini dry-erase boards magneted to the fridge so we could leave each other notes and whatnot. Someone had drawn a face on the dry-erase board. It was a profile, the face turned to the left. The guy had spiky hair, and his mouth was opened like he was screaming. It was scary, just the emotion that I got from the picture. I came back in and sat down next to my brother. Several years later, as a teenager, I was going through my deceased brothers journals, and found a photo of a man screaming with spiky hair. Same guy that had been drawn on the refrigerator when I was a child, after my brother had died.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, I have a HUGE thing for the paranormal. I love horror movies, personal stories, photos, stumbling across 300 year old cemeteries in the middle of the woods....
What's paranormal about old cemeteries?

I'm familiar with pretty much all of them 'round about these parts. They go back to the 17th century here. There's nothing much paranormal about any of them. Like they say: I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm Irish enough to be able to tell if there are none around.

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
So.... all I have to do is call this thread stupid and I get to suck your left tit? That sounds fair.

[edit] is there something wrong with your left tit I should know about? That's not the one you use to wipe yourself, is it?
hahaha somehow, I knew you were going to comment on this. You are such a punk.

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
Very cool!! thank you for sharing!!!!

Big D- Well, I kind of used cemetaries as an offhand example. They are creepy though. I've found random plots on hikes that have the oddest qualities about them. It is really creepy.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Big D- Well, I kind of used cemetaries as an offhand example. They are creepy though. I've found random plots on hikes that have the oddest qualities about them. It is really creepy.
The only odd thing I've noticed is that in the isolated plots the old slate headstones are likely to still be standing. The only natural predators of slate headstones are lawnmowers.

The white sandstone ones which became the fashion around 1800 are much sturdier, but subject to attack by lichens.

Some of the isolated stones are spooky but they're not "paranormal" spooky, rather they're spooky in the same sense that a fossil seabed in the middle of a desert is spooky.

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
The only odd thing I've noticed is that in the isolated plots the old slate headstones are likely to still be standing. The only natural predators of slate headstones are lawnmowers.

The white sandstone ones which became the fashion around 1800 are much sturdier, but subject to attack by lichens.

Some of the isolated stones are spooky but they're not "paranormal" spooky, rather they're spooky in the same sense that a fossil seabed in the middle of a desert is spooky.
I just noticed that we are actually quite close in location. I have definatly found those covered in lichen, and ones polking out of tons of brush and such, All forgoteen about. It is so sad

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like the haunted stuff for sale on eBay. Haunted motorcycle jacket, haunted Bed & Breakfast, haunted pictures, haunted dibbuk box, blah blah. Most common are probably haunted dolls.

seterwind

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I deal in the paranormal a lot. Though not in the haunted, scary, horror movie way. More in the Reiki, shaolin monk, energy work type way. But if that counts oh the stories I could tell...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, one time me and my best friend were walking past this old house that no one had lived in for years. An old woman died in there.

So we walked past, it was pitch black and late at night (I was sleeping at his house). And in the window we saw a rocking chair moving back and forth. Then we could see an old woman in the chair, with a cat sat on the arm of the chair. She was staring at us and stroking her cat, and its eyes were really bright. Then we ran off screaming. Never saw her again. Could have been our imaginations.

There's a local legend that this stone coffin near the woods is where they buried this man. He used to have a mansion on one of the farms. A remote place. The story is he used to steal children from the town and take him back to his mansion and drink their blood. Then the townspeople stormed his house and buried him alive in a stone coffin, which is still half-buried. But its open.

I don't think either of them are very true but they are stories. I know a few more too.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very cool!! thank you for sharing!!!!

I thought it would be cool to do some black and white photography of cemetaries. I have some "goth" interests although I don't look goth. (I like the "photography of cemetaries" thing and goth music...)

One weird thing that happened to me once is that I started thinking about somebody just from out of the blue (someone I normally didn't think about), then later that day, I went to the movies - and the person I was thinking about was at the theater! That could just be a weird coincidence though.

And there are some places I have lived where I have had more nightmares than others. Where I currently live I very rarely have nightmares, but where I lived before I had nightmares about 3x a week, and sometimes as many as 5 nightmares in a single night!

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Below is a list that will likely get me labeled as cuckoo for cocoa puffs....

1) I am what I call a house whisperer. I can walk into a residence (and some commercial buildings) and sense the imprints left behind by others. I suspect it's one of the reasons i'm an interior designer today. I can't explain it but i've had this...ability, phenomenon, whatever you wish to call it since I was a teenager.

2) I've had several encounters that involved poltergeist-like activity. I'll just call them things I can't explain. The strangest experience was in a townhouse in West Virginia:

I would walk into the house, drop my keys on the coffee table, and return later to find them missing. Thinking I wasn't paying attention and left them someplace else, I searched the house high and low. I would return to the coffee table and find my keys there. My ex also "misplaced" pipes and keys. Two of his beloved pocket watches disappeared. We never found them and our house was never burglarized during our stay there.

My dog would sit and stare at a corner near the fireplace as if someone were standing there.

One evening as I was brushing my teeth in the bathroom, I felt my dog brush up against my ankle. I reached down to pet him and there wasn't anything there.

The last big hurrah before we moved involved a picture hanging above the mantle in our bedroom. We were both in the bathroom getting ready for bed and we heard a loud crash in the bedroom. When we walked in, the picture was on the floor and there was glass everywhere. The hook was still mounted in the wall. There was no way the picture could've fallen off the wall unless the hook came out or someone lifted it off the hook.

I never felt threatened during my stay in that house. It almost seemed like the activity was caused by a mischievous child having fun teasing us. A neighbour told me about the first couple who lived in the house (it was 100 years old) who had small children and the husband constructed several of the business in downtown Charleston. I went to the local historical society and read all I could about the history of the house. The youngest child in that family - a boy, age 4 - died of pneumonia in that house.

Draw your own conclusions. Your guess is as good as mine.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would walk into the house, drop my keys on the coffee table, and return later to find them missing. Thinking I wasn't paying attention and left them someplace else, I searched the house high and low. I would return to the coffee table and find my keys there. My ex also "misplaced" pipes and keys. Two of his beloved pocket watches disappeared. We never found them and our house was never burglarized during our stay there.

I'd always put that down to premature senility, perhaps I have been doing myself down....:eek:

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
I'm not particularly spiritual or a 'believer'(I'm very respectful of people who do), but I do love being scared! :saevil:

I've messed around with a few friends in 'spooky' places at night, graveyards, forests, train tracks - even spent the night in some abandoned houses. It's nice to let my imagination run riot, I almost get a buzz from being afraid - in these situations I can always switch the logical part of my brain back on if need be.

Woah, I kinda swerved off-topic there...

I've experienced a few paranormal things, and many, many things which most would attribute to some form of psychic-ability, but it would take me a few drinks or a lot of convincing to bother talking about them - refer to the first thing I wrote in this post. :tongue:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not a believer either, well at least not in the daytime, when it's dark I believe in anything :) A few years ago Britain was hit by a series of earthquakes, the first one I felt happened around 1 am, I was in bed reading and the bed started shaking, it didn't for a minute occur to me it was an earthquake, the thought that immediately entered my head was 'fuck I'm being possessed,' I flew out of bed (not literally) to land about six feet away because I was also worried about the under the bed monster eating my feet, went hammering on my son's bedroom who just lifted an eyebrow and said 'for god's sake mum it's an earthquake.'