Encounters! (of the non-sexual variety)

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not a believer either, well at least not in the daytime, when it's dark I believe in anything :) A few years ago Britain was hit by a series of earthquakes, the first one I felt happened around 1 am, I was in bed reading and the bed started shaking, it didn't for a minute occur to me it was an earthquake, the thought that immediately entered my head was 'fuck I'm being possessed,' I flew out of bed (not literally) to land about six feet away because I was also worried about the under the bed monster eating my feet, went hammering on my son's bedroom who just lifted an eyebrow and said 'for god's sake mum it's an earthquake.'

I can relate to that. After I saw the exorcist for the first time I would always get freaked out when my bed would start to shake. But my bed was shaking because we lived close to train tracks. Still when you're only 10 years old and your bed starts shaking it freaks you out.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably the scariest true story I know of didn't happen to me. It was someone who lived right across the street from me. There was a woman and her son. I think he was about 3 or 4 years old at the time. Anyway she had another girl from the neighborhood babysitting her son. When she came back to her house she mentioned to the mother that her son was having conversations with himself and they were thinking it must be an imaginery friend. I don't know what happened but eventually the mother figured out it wasn't just an imaginery friend because she actually had a priest come and give the house and exorcism. I remember sitting on my porch with a couple friends at night about 1 or 2 in the morning. I looked over at the house and saw the window of the sons bedroom. The light in his room was flickering on and off but at the time he was too small to reach the switch. This went on for about 20 minutes. The lights would flicker for about 3 minutes and then stop for about 5 minutes then start flickering again. I remember being out on my porch with my friends during the day a few times and a priest would show up at their house once in a while. It was pretty creepy stuff. I have had some weird things happen to me personally but I don't think they are as creepy as that was.

Duality

Experimental Member
Media
The family that lived in this house before us moved after the wife (and mother of 2) died of suffocation. She was found dead on her and her husband's waterbed by their youngest daughter. The young girl ran across the street and found found her (now our) neighbor, telling her "Mommy won't wake up!" It's a terrible story (the neighbor is still convinced the husband did it), and naturally one my parents didn't know about until after purchasing the house.

Once we began to moving in, we found only one true 'remnant' of the houses previous tenants: a lone black dress, hanging in our upstairs closet. :eek:

(2 side stories)

1) The woman died in my bedroom. Their bed was in the same exact spot as mine, meaning every night I sleep in the same spot and position of a woman who met her untimely demise. I'd be warry of that, if it weren't for the fact that I can see the TV from that spot on the bed so perfectly.

2) As a child, my brother told me they buried her in our basement bathroom. I've still yet to use that bathroom. Not once in twenty years. I have no intention of using it in the future. I still hear weird shit down there.

The truth is out there, trust me.

B_ironsoul

Experimental Member
Media
whatIreallywant- Yeah I am the same way. I don't think it fits the "goth" label. I hate labels, so maybe that is why. Too bad you are so far away, we could go rummaging through the woods here, there are so many suprises, new england has a lot of early settlements that have seemingly been abandoned over the years.
MB- Holy crap. I love you. That was so so cool. I wish I could meet you so bad, because I just know we would get along soooo well. You would love my house too. It is about 200 years old, and there is a presence here for sure.
ganja- way cool man, I imagined the priest from poltergiest II for some reason....
Duality- Holy shit. That is creepy stuff. Is TV really that important!?