End of Relationship advice

D_bfo06kzx

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Me and my girlfriend were in a relationship for around 15-16 months. Lived together for probably around 8-9 months. The majority of the relationship we rarely fought or had any problems. I noticed in late August she seemed more distant less like her first I was told she was on her period (which she rarely has) next week she's sick. The third week I start thinking something is wrong so I try to show her I appreciate her by buying her coffee, bringing her home flowers, cleaning the whole house, etc. During this week and the next she's spins off on little things - I try to approach her at times she gets defensive and shuts down conversations. The last week I try talking to her she starts saying things like "I don't think you understand sometimes two people can both be great and not be together." If I ask if she's wanting to break up (I admit her I would get teared up) she would respond "No you are the only one saying that."

I woke up super early the next morning and decided to look her on phone. I had noticed she been on it a lot more and been taking it with her everywhere. I honestly assumed I'd see text to her friends "this rumbaed ain't figured out I'm mad about _______" or in worst casr to her aunt a plan to move out. Well she been out of town the previous week at her friend _______. When I don't see nothing from her closest friends I look at _______ text and all iit says is "don't do the sex don't do the sex" ....than it dawned on me up top was a text message from a Guy who I did not know. I looked most of it was just talk but one text said "I don't want you just sexually but everyway possible" "I know you have a boyfriend" and "wish I could see you too" I was so mad the only response I can remember from her was "yea, wish I could see you to".

Needless to say I confronted her. She said she would text him to tell him it was wrong and stopped. She loved me. I told her we would have to discuss it but people make mistakes and I wouldn't hold it over her head (I had to go to work), but I didn't want her to go back to her friend _______ house the next weekend. I get home and ask her about the what sh e's going to do about the trip. She precedes to tell me that She's been.having doubts about our relationship for a month not sure why etc. I spoke with her Monday so I would have a chance to say any last things and try to get a few answers.

Basically she said she has no idea what caused the doubts, she tried ignoring them, but they wouldn't go away. She even admitted that had she talked to me about them things would have gotten better, but she thinks eventually would have got the same and we would have another talk then things would get better (repeat and repay) She doesn't think relationships should work that way. The disagreement that night stems from our activity she said I'd rather sit on the couch than do something with her.She also made reference to I needing to move on (but only after I blurted my friends are trying to set me up on blind dates).. I went trough a two.month funk because of work and I think she always though it had to do with her. I got to the point where I just wanted to to sit at home and zone out. I took steps to.iimprove the situation and now of course too late it is. The only other big complaints I remember of her was that if we did anything she had to start it (which as true during the funk) and I was always working or on my phone to much (also true. I admit it.) However, I frequently took her out to eat, movies, saw friends and family. Buying her flowers, coffee, etc wasnt unusual. During the start of the rocky period I remember her making the comment "if we broke up I don't think you would even try to pursue me" out of the blue one night....Which leads me to my questions:

Is there a chance she wants me to try to pursue her or does she really want it to be over with? Its been kind of a public break up because of Facebook relationship status changes. My friends and familu are all like delete her from Facebook, ignore her, nothing will get to her more and you are better off trying to move on. Howcer if this could be an.issue of does he really want me than shouldn't I be trying?? I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If she wants to leave for another guy there's likely nothing you can do to make her stay.

If she wants to stay but is manipulating you with jealousy by sleeping around or threatening to sleep around then she isn't someone you should want to keep.

Change the locks, too.

D_bfo06kzx

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We been broke up over a week, but she's said its had nnothing to do with that Guy and she's not currently speaking to him. I tell my friends I think I've went crazy!

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Terminate the relationship and move on as fast as you can.
If you still are living together ..move out without any notice
Cut off all communication
The end

Bigboi803

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have to agree with the majority here. Not just because she has wronged you (Imho). But because if you don't focus on moving on you might let her hurt you more.

B_slimjimpencil

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
get the fuck out of dodge as fast as possible! she would have never admitted or 'stopped (or so she claims) her relationship with the other guy if you had not went through her phone. openness and honesty are the keys to a good relationship ... how could you ever trust her again???

Teb8807

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It seems like she has checked out, but she's making sure it's the right decision before she makes up her mind. Listen, what she did was wrong. She was talking to another guy behind your back, and you have no idea how that relationship turned out. But, I can guarantee their relationship started getting serious when she stopped being romantically involved with you. She most likely made it feel like it was your fault, etc.

Stop feeling guilty and blaming yourself. EVERYBODY goes through a funk in their life, but that doesn't give your girlfriend a right to look else where because of it. I hate when people only expect perfect relationships, where everybody is happy all of the time. It will eventually come back to bite her in the ass.

My advice to you, leave the relationship while you can now. Don't let her be the one to leave you. If she has gotten feelings for somebody else, she's not going to be able to just flip her feelings off for him. And well, you know she has deep feelings for him, because she pretty much made everything loving and sexual in your relationship come to a stand point.

Do yourself a favor and don't wait around for her to make promises only to hurt you.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I tell my friends I think I've went crazy!

I can't blame you. That relationship sounds like it was crazy-making.

Just remember: The relationship was crazy; you're normal. The longer you're out of that crazy-making relationship, the more normal you'll realize you are.

Good luck, dude.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Are you and she young?

If so, then understand that young people really don't know shit about relationships.

If this is the first or second relationship she has had, then she has NOTHING to compare and contrast it with to determine whether it is a good relationship or not.

Unfortunately, A lot of young people are raised with genuinely foolish ideas about love and relationship... and when they find one, pretty soon all they can think about is how they always dreamed it would be different... better... more romantic, exciting, interesting... etc.

They start thinking the grass will be greener in some other yard, and before you know it they have torpedoed a perfectly fine relationship.

My own first wife was miserable all the time... it wasn't until 15 years AFTER the divorce they she could see that, really, what she had had with me was a pretty great relationship. But I was her first, and she just didn't know how to tell when a relationship is good, because she had a good one first thing.

Believe it or not, at 50, I find that people have a much clearer idea of how to tell a good relationship from a sucky one... a good man or woman from someone who is less so.

Its not that my expectations are lower... in many ways they are far higher... I demand a lot more enlightenment and self knowledge from a woman, these days, than I ever did as a young man.
But your expectations definitely get more realistic.

Bottom line?

There is NOTHING you can do about this. You can not TALK someone into recognizing that you are good to them and for them. You can not convince someone who fantasizes about prince charming that what she already has is pretty good.

She is going to have to find out, the hard way, that relationships are not magical.

And she is not gonna find that out except in retrospect.

On your own side... be aware that attention must be paid. Don't let a wok related funk infect your home life... learn to deal with lives disappointments without checking out on those you love.

But, most of all, don't beat yourself up over this.
Recognize that both you and she have some learning to do about how to know when you have it good and how to hold onto that feeling and keep it present between you.

Move on, and don't even think about how to "get to her" with reprisals or ignoring her.

Just move on and wish her well.

FelixM

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i just broke up with a guy I had been seeing for over 2 years,,,like literally today he came and got his stuff...I think I put off our breakup because I wasn't sure how I felt and I didn't know if I was ready to be alone again...but we started fighting on almost a daily basis and then he started accusing me of cheating on him, lying to him, alot of things I wasn't doing...I never once cheated..I realized not too long ago that we wrren't right for each other...I had never been in a relationship where I didn't wanna have sex with my boyfriend but that's how our relationship ended up...I stopped having sex with him months ago, not only because I didn't enjoy it with him but because the tension and anger was mounting in our relationship and it became obviousto all my friends that this needed to end before we ended up hating each other...with alot of my relationships I noticed I seemed to focus on the guy the way looked but once I saw their real personality I didn't feel the same...my now ex was not a very good looking guy but he made me laugh and we did have fun together sometimes...I liked him because most guys I dated didn't have a sense of humor and a couple of them were conceited...little did I know that has some serious problems too...like lashing out at me if he didn't like something I said...if you're not happy you shouldn't stay with someone for the sake of having someone around...that's my lesson with this relationship

D_bfo06kzx

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the advice...it runs pretty much in hand with what family and friends have been telling me. I guess I was just hoping for what I wanted to hear "pursue her! get her back", but that is slowly being replaced with "Can't believe she hurt me like that and tries to brush it off so easy..."

D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, people live and learn. Experience is the best teacher: even if some ex-lovers read this viable and valuable information on this site, some would still be in denial.

I like what one poster said on here (excerpted)..."it's not until you are 50, then you understand what a relationship is all about." Also, called the school of hard knocks!

Finally, attempt to date older men/women -- if that is your thing. I have always preferred younger men to older ones, not the 20 yr. olds. My man is 48: mature, experienced, been around the block -- he want to settle down. I am 66 -- not that much of an age difference.

Good luck in your relationships; if something does not feel right (red flags blowing in all directions in the wind -- keep on truckin'.)

So, everyone has his or her own ideals and principles -- just be realistic in these unrealistic times in 2012.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
That female is trying to have her cake and still eat it. Do NOT be the cake. She just wants you on the shelf in case her other fun doesn't pan out. That means she isn't very interested in you deep down, only in what you can do for her pleasure.

I suggest that the next person you get serious about (NOT her) be someone who is obviously and blatantly serious about You. Your life seems to be full and productive, so you are very likely to meet many other productive and enthusiastic persons to choose from. Go for the ones who do you favors in return.

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media
If she wants to leave for another guy there's likely nothing you can do to make her stay.

If she wants to stay but is manipulating you with jealousy by sleeping around or threatening to sleep around then she isn't someone you should want to keep.

Change the locks, too.

this is very accurate
it's sad, but accurate
and yah change the locks