End or change rules on Politic Thread?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by splitface, Feb 8, 2009.

?

Close or Modify the Politics Thread?

1. Leave it as it is

48 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Control / Limit Content

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Close it .... forever

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  1. splitface

splitface New Member

I am sorry but I think the Politics thread on LPSG is just plain absurd. Not only is it causing people to bitch at each other constantly, it is most likely offending many people.

This is a Support Group for men with Large Penises. It shouldn't have allowed the Politics Thread to turn into Presidential Debates and Issues in the Middle East Threads.

--> I propose that it should either cease to exist, OR, it be encouraged and POSSIBLY regulated to only pertain to Politics concerning large penises and or sexuality. <--

Oh! Look! All of bi_in_socal 's Threads! http://www.lpsg.org/search.php?searchid=5987907 Do you see any mention of a Large Penis here? Or even a Penis? I sure don't, and so I wonder why this person belongs to the community. Again! All Posts! http://www.lpsg.org/search.php?searchid=5987925 SAME FUCKING DEAL!

People like this really do RUIN the essence of the community here.

This is IMHO, attack me if you want, but I think this situation has gotten out of hand.

2. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

You have no clue, do you?

This was a great place for 'politics' but the quality has gone down with the loss of some people.

Beside why do you read anything in the politics threads if it offends you? Kind of weird really. Is it a control freak thing?

3. splitface

splitface New Member

Ha ha no. It is not a control freak thing. It is just that all of the bad blood really degrades the whole experience, no?

4. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Id say dont read it if you dont like it. There are many areas on lpsg that dont intrest me so I stay away.

5. D_Tintagel_Demondong

This site was created a long time ago (in a different medium) as a light-hearted joke. It's original intention was not really to support men with large penises. If you think about the title, you'd realize that it's a lark. Do you think that any guy with a big dick needs support?

He's a troll and he probably won't last long here. He's actually worse than 1bigg1. These things have a way of taking care of themselves on this site.

This site has a few sub fora that are not really about the penis, so this thread would be no different. Besides, the Politics forum was created because there was much political debate conducted in the other forums, particularly Etc. Etc. Since so many people were polluting that area with political discussion, Rob_E chose to make a new forum just for politics. If this forum is deleted, I can assure you that the political discussions will infiltrate the rest of this site and make things worse.

I couldn't agree more. Trolls are the worst thing for discussion forums. It's hard to have fun when you see all of this inflamatory dialogue. If you see a post that offends you, report it to the mods by clicking on the Report button on the bottom left of the post.

I hope you don't feel that I'm attacking a fellow Kingstonian (Go Gails!). I just want to point out that the political forum has actually been very effective in keeping the political debates away from those who didn't want to see them.

6. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Politics was created prior to the 2006 U.S. election specifically for each of the reasons you just cited. Rob_E polled the members at the time and what you see now was the outcome of much hashing and rehashing of the subject.

Bingo. I mean seriously, why make it any more complicated?

7. B_bi_in_socal

B_bi_in_socal New Member

Are you sure you aren't libertarian? Honestly.

I will try not to hate you so much because what you just said turned on my gay side.

"If you don't like it, don't read it"

That I can respect.

8. B_bi_in_socal

B_bi_in_socal New Member

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it"

Liberals are calling for the regulation of the expression of thought.

But the minute they start losing the thought war, I guaran-fucking-tee you, they will cry for fairness. Like clock work.

9. houtx48

Gold Member

must have been waiting all day to use that one...........and it's suuuuch a good one, not

10. London_Calling

London_Calling New Member

I have to agree with everybody here, if you don't like the contents of a forum or a thread don't bloody read it..easy! It's not as if the politics spill over in to other areas of LPSG.

I used to enjoy reading Etc,Etc. but since that turned in to a Miss Popularity contest I tend to do most of my reading here & although U.S. politics doesn't affect my everyday life in the UK it can be very interesting reading (and infuriating too at times!)

11. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

Surely many of you look at other sites about other topics. Don't you think there's a natural ebb and flow to how these things run? Sometimes, there's really awesome content flowing out there ... sometimes, the idiots take over for a while.

I was on this spiritually-oriented message board for a while that was just great until some really "crunchy granola" types jumped in and started talking, basically, about what a burden it was to be so spiritually gifted and in tune with the universe and how it made their life a living hell on this mortal plane. Crap. I was out of there.

Anyway, the political stuff here just amazes me and offends me here sometimes, and every now and then, I get tempted to jump in the mud with them.

However, I also work to remind myself that the political forum here is like a talk show. It's talk, not action ... and it's show, not reality. And that every nutjob who posts here was spending their time typing, instead of taking real action.

PS -- there's plenty of topics on the other forums that don't interest me, but when you find one that does, it's golden.

12. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    Yes, I agree. It's all talk and no action. Sort of a problem that plagues steps left, like getting caught up in religion and argument is a peril for steps right. I'm actually going to be taking action, it just requires the right moment. A moment that I am working to create.

PS sorry to hear about your crunchy granola invasion. It's a wonder that people who feel gifted are never able to use their gifts to make this world a better place; it's really the big point of the whole ordeal. If you believe in spiritual layers or other worlds, or things along those lines, and you believe there is another world that is happy and fair, and you want to be in that world.... fine. You can't go there, not until your time is come, whenever it may be, but damn well you can believe in what you want. Truth is, each world just represents an opportunity to change it to a better form for everyone else in that world. You'd be surprised how much impact one individual has.

13. AllHazzardi

AllHazzardi Member

Albums:
    Oh, and as far as the poll is concerned, I think we should leave it going until such time that the people who frequent there start working together better. I think it should stay open until the incumbents are able to run the house. It might take a lot of highly virile nonsense and angry furious fights, but it'll get there eventually.

The only thing I'd change is that posters would be unable to let anything that happens in politics leave it. What happens in Politics, stays in politics. No animosity bourne for another as a result of the politics forum shall represent itself in any other forum. Private messages are fine.

14. splitface

splitface New Member

You are confused here. I am not Liberal, nor do I want thought to be controlled. I want the content that shows up on a forum dedicated to a sexuality related topic to be controlled.

I guess I didn't realize that it is compartmentalizing the conversations I dont care about, but I agree with AllHazzardi. What happens in Politics, stays in politics.

whatever.

15. houtx48

Gold Member

this is an extenuation of every drunken bar room armchair pundit discussion in america, if this bothers you grow a pair.

16. mindseye

Gold Member

The rules are fine: these include no:

• Harassment of, or threats against, other LPSG members.
    • Content whose primary purpose is to disrupt or inflame.
    The problem is that it's now unclear the extent to which the current moderating staff takes these rules seriously. Except for a few visits by nudeyorker in January, we've seen more official-level action against copyright in this forum than against the level of vitriol -- which to me is a far greater problem.

It'd be one thing if there were an official pronouncement that "we're scared to get involved in Politics, so you folks are on your own" -- at least then we'd know for certain that the two rules above were being intentionally unenforced. But saying nothing at all and leaving us in the dark about how the TOS applies in Politics has bred a chaotic no-man's-land.

Here's a specific case in point regarding harassment of other members. In the past week alone, 24065 has called me "stupid", a "fucking retarded joke", a "fucktard". Each of these were in response to a disagreement in position (I disagreed with his assessment that FOX was less biased than MSNBC, and with his assessment that the Tim Geithner nomination was more worthy of controversy than Josh Bolten's and Harriet Miers's contempt of Congress.) This isn't an isolated incident; this is a pattern, that to my understanding has been neglected.

Here's a specific case regarding content whose primary purpose is to disrupt or inflame: A little over two weeks ago, Robert Reich made a statement to Congress in which he differentiated between allocating jobs to "white males" and to "other people":
    It was a poorly-considered remark, and would have been worthy of discussion. But when Starinvestor posted about it here, he titled the thread "Skin color a top priority in stimulus/infrastructure plan". Where Reich had talked about mere "criteria", Starinvestor represented it as a "top priority", and where Reich had talked about greater inclusion of everybody including women, Starinvestor mischaracterized it as being just about skin color. The premise was a race-baiting fallacious representation of what actually happened, and I reported it. I never heard back from any moderator -- I don't know if the report was even considered or if any action was ever taken.

Since then we've seen threads like "So since I'm poor white trailer trash on FOOD STAMPS", and -- I KKKid you not! -- a thread calling the first African-American president "boy". So far, moderators have passed on these threads as well.

I'd like to be able to have some serious discussions around here. I believe we could have a higher quality of content in this forum. But it won't happen as long as the tenor is being dragged down with harassment, race-baiting, and other nonconstructive weapons of mass distraction. I believe that the current rules are sufficient, but that their consistent application seems to be in a state of limbo.

#16 mindseye, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  17. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

This is a divergence in opinion and interpretation between you and me. If you listen to that clip ten times, you can not disprove my statement by simply inferring a different connotation of Reich's remarks.

I still stand by that post - and whether Reich misspoke or misrepresented the message - well, the proof is in the pudding [clip.]

The only intent to inflame was provided by Reich. And I don't think he is a member of LPSG. Your knee-jerk reaction that I am rascist is far more inappropriate than anything in the that OP, IMO.

By and large, the Politics forum here is more civil than in many other politics sites that I have engaged in over the last 6 months.

To the OP: There are several forums on this site that I have never even clicked. I can't believe that you are even suggesting that this forum be closed.

There are many folks that aren't obsessed with penis and/or sex 24/7; and that appreciate thinking-related issues and dialogue/debate, current affairs, etc.

At least with current events the topics and discussions change here in the Politics forum. In my three years here, the sex topics are so repetitive...it gets boring. "Huge cock in locker room,' 'huge cock in tight pants,' 'girls, what do you think of my cock?' 'help, my cock is too big for girlfriend' 'looking for huge cock in Albequerque' etc., etc.

18. B_Morning_Glory

B_Morning_Glory New Member

this thread is no diffrent than some of the CUT, UNCUT, and or CIRCUMCISION threads have been in the past. most if not all have in someway or another turned into a big argument mess, and the whole point and or question from the op who started them was lost. this has happened in the politic threads as well but not nearly as much as the circumcision threads have, so that having been said i say the politic threads have been a good thing concerning this problem alone, as well has not being discussed an brought into other threads as well. also most of the trouble makers are gone now who just want to high jack the politics and the circa. threads also, an the ones who are still here everyone knows who they are and they are ignored, so now that it has its own spot. i think it should stay. also as stated by someone else also. the other threads are getting so repetitive that they are boring and their is nothing new to want you to read them. so at least with this thread there is most always something new to read or skim over. rant over

#18 B_Morning_Glory, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  19. arthur

arthur New Member

Albums:
    I have found that a lot of the political discussion on this forum is just plain daft, worth just a derisory laugh.

However agree with many above that no one is forcing you to read any of it!!!

It's the old telly censorship argument...'it's got a button on it, remember, you can turn it off!?!?!?!?!'

Besides, if your gonna take issue with certain discussions on this forum I think personal inflammatory homosexual hate prose should probably take precedence!?!?!??

But yet again no one is forcing me to read it!!!

20. B_bi_in_socal

B_bi_in_socal New Member

I called the boy a boy because he's a boy. An ideologue, an imbecile and a chump.

Didn't you see a picture of the boy without a shirt on? He looked like a scrawny little boy.

See, this is the problem. You people always see shit through the prism of race. A decent human being does not. Therefore, I am not afraid to call a boy, a boy.

Draft saved Draft deleted