Endowment

heavynuttz

Sexy Member
Media
I know that a diet rich in zinc for a man can result in a very healthy libido, rock hard erections and powerful orgasms. Does anyone know if there is a correlation between moderate consumption of Zinc(or lack thereof) in a mans diet and his endowment? Not sure if this query has been posed a thousand times prior to mine, if so forgive me. ;D

catcher: I have heard the same thing growing up...."zinc for the dink" ;D

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Don't know about endowment...but moderate Zinc supplements will help increase the size of a man's ejaculate. Moderate being the key word...I have been told that too much Zinc is bad for the prostate. ???

BluECliQ: Zinc is a key ingredient in ejaculate as said before...as for the actual size of your dick it doesn't. I used to have a diet very low in zinc cause of what I ate until I realized the benefits. It is a good thing to get a good amount of though.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Over the last several years, I've done some research in nutritional supplements--paticularly those tied in with "good male health". My information indicates Zinc indeed is crucial to both testosterone production and the healing, repair, and growth of tissue. You can draw your own conclusions to genital growth--although I don't think large quantities of Zinc would necessarily grow a whopper. Fact is, too much Zinc causes anemia! --So, it can be a critical "balance".

In the U.S., Zinc is often processed right out of our food supply. --Not good.

I've found taking one 60 mg of Zinc daily seems about right. I've taken this for about four years now. We get (some) Zinc from our food, of course. I don't think a man would necessarily go wrong considering taking a Zinc supplement as long as he is careful not to overdo it. I believe Zinc (along with a few other supps) HAS inproved "things" for me. :)

wvalady1968:
Originally posted by MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK@May 17 2004, 12:20 AM
Well, since this my first time of hearing about zinc, what foods do have zinc in them and/or what supplements are there?
Googled and found this:
ZINC

Zinc is another antioxidant mineral that is an important co-factor for over a hundred enzymes. It is needed to switch on certain genes in response to hormone signals. This initiates synthesis of the specific protein that gene is responsible for making; zinc therefore plays an important role in the sensitivity of tissues to hormones.

Zinc deficiency before puberty delays sexual development and can result in smaller male sex organs. Deficiency in later life leads to slowed muscle growth and impaired immunity to disease. More severe deficiencies lead to loss of the sense of taste, and muscle weakness.

• EC/UK RDA: 15 mg/day

• US National Research Council recommendation: 15 mg/day.

• UK average intake: 11.4 mg/day. Intakes range from 5.7­19 mg/day.

• Athletes need more zinc than sedentary men due to their higher fatty acid turnover, to replace zinc lost in sweat, and for the interaction of testosterone which helps initiate muscle growth. Some sports nutritionists prescribe supplements containing 15­50 mg zinc per day for athletes.

• It is worth knowing that taking any more than 10 mg zinc in one go can upset the stomach and cause nausea. Zinc seems safe at doses up to several hundred milligrams per day, but excess impairs copper metabolism.

• Foods rich in zinc include:

oatmeal

whole grain products

yeast

seafoods

meat

nuts

milk

eggs

cheese.

Moderate amounts of zinc are found in chicken and vegetables. In general, animal meat is a better source of bioavailable zinc than vegetables.

You can check your zinc levels by obtaining tests from a pharmacy. If your zinc levels are low, taking supplements of 10 mg zinc three times a day will cause a rapid improvement. If you find this level in zinc intake causes gastrointestinal symptoms, drop down to taking the supplement twice a day.

Soya products and foods rich in iron reduce the absorption of zinc from the digestive tract. They are best avoided within two hours of taking your zinc supplements.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
wvalady1968.....GREAT INFO !

Thanks for sharing! :)

As I noted, I've been taking one 60mg Zinc tablet daily for a good while now with absolutely NO (known) side effects whatsoever. The 50 to 60mg tablet seems to be the most "common" strength available commercially or at retail level.