English does stress me

B_jasmin

Just Browsing
Media
Hey, im now visit a High School and english kills me xD.
Our Topic is the environment.

We write a test soon, so i like ask you... if u understand this...

Oh well this is my Homework i had to write for the school I just wanna know if you would to listen me if you understand it.

“What can you do to protect the environment?”
Comment on this statement!

Humans have developed over thousands of the years to a dominant life form. They have created many things like music, art and culture but they never learned responsibility. Why I do say this, well – let me tell you, something about the humans.

They are young compared to their old planet – the Earth, like Kids they begin to understand their environment. They didn’t know how sensitive the environment and the ecosystem can be. They are just begun gradually to realize it.

You remember, as I said the Earth is old – young humans are resistant and strong – you think right in your mind – is the Earth still so resistant and strong as millions of years ago? See yourself are you so resistant and strong in your health as years ago?

Why you don’t be careful?

But, listen up me! – You and all other people they read or to listen my Words can help to give the Earth a second chance – it is not to be late.

They are many things you can be doing.

· Did you know that when not in use, but plugged in, your computer and television use electricity? You can buy a power bar and turn off the bar, if your electronics not in use or if you want it comfortable you can buy a “Powersafer [1]” they turn off the power automatically. You just need one more press on your remote controller to reactive the power for your television.

· Defrost your frozen meats in the refrigerator. The cold give off and your refrigerator needs less energy for operation.

· Ventilate you rooms with fully opening windows – so you will be save money and time!

At least here some basic Tips

· Use both sides of a paper before you recycle it.
· Use reusable package for your lunch (lunchbox).
· Turn off water while you bushing your teeth.
· Walk or ride with a bike whenever it is possible.

You should remember that you only a guest on this Planet known as “Earth” or as some of you call it lovely “mother Earth” or “Home”.

Last edited:

D_Alldwin_Applesack

Account Disabled
Media

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle? :D
Don't litter. Use the bins and cans provided?
Join volunteer programs?

I'm not sure if I'm even helpful..
Just google" Going Green For Environment " or somethin like that and you'll get loads of ideas :p

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Humans have developed over thousands of the years to a dominant life form. They have created many things like music, art and culture but they never learned responsibility. Why I do say this, well – let me tell you, something about the humans.

Why do I say this?

They are young compared to their old planet – the Earth, like Kids they begin to understand their environment. They didn’t know how sensitive the environment and the ecosystem can be. They are just begun gradually to realize it.

They are just beginning to gradually realize it.

You remember, as I said the Earth is old – young humans areresistantand strong – you think right in your mind – is the Earth still so resistant and strong as millions of years ago? See yourself are you so resistant and strong in your health as years ago?

Why you don’t be careful?

Why don't you be careful?

But, listen up me! – You and all other people they read or to listen my Words can help to give the Earth a second chance – it is not to be late.

But listen to me! You and all the other people who read or listen to my words can help give the Earth a second chance. It is not too late.

They are many things you can be doing.

· Did you know that when not in use, but plugged in, your computer and television use electricity? You can buy a power bar and turn off the bar, if your electronics not in use or if you want it comfortable you can buy a “Powersafer [1]” they turn off the power automatically. You just need one more press on your remote controller to reactive the power for your television.

· Defrost your frozen meats in the refrigerator. The cold give off and your refrigerator needs less energy for operation.

It will cool off your refrigerator and it will need

· Ventilate you rooms with fully opening windows – so you will be save money and time!

by
so you will save

At least here some basic Tips

· Use both sides of a paper before you recycle it.
· Use reusable package for your lunch (lunchbox).
· Turn off water while you bushing your teeth.
· Walk or ride with a bike whenever it is possible.

Turn off the water while brushing your teeth

ride a bike

You should remember that you only a guest on this Planet known as “Earth” or as some of you call it lovely “mother Earth” or “Home”.

That you are

I fixed a few things, otherwise it is very well written.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You need to learn to stop thinking in your native language and transliterating everything that pops into your head. The only way to do this is immersion study, with minimal contact with your native language and maximum exposure to English.

Watch YouTube clips or whole movies in English with the subtitles turned off. Instead of obsessing on what you don't understand, listen for parts that you can and let them carry you along. Eventually you'll find yourself recognizing more and more words and expressions.

In the 80s, I had a four-year relationship with a Venezuelan who insisted that he learned how to speak and understand English by watching game shows on TV.

In the 90s, I lived in France for several years. I had studied the grammar for six years in school but had a really limited comprehension and a terrible accent. My BF helped me rid myself of the accent, but it was French TV and cinema that allowed me to develop "the ear" and learn to think in French, not English.

In the beginning you'll find yourself very limited in vocabulary, which you can learn much more easily than the correct use and placements of articles and prepositions or syntax or verbs.

It takes time. Be patient. But if you want to really learn to communicate in a foreign language, you've got to learn to think in it first.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
:p

but u understand my letter

thx

Yes, there are a few grammatical errors, but it is still understandable. I'm sure there are many American students who graduated high school who would do much worse .

What is your main language?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
See yourself are you so resistant and strong in your health as years ago?
Are you as resistant and strong as you were years ago?

Ventilate your rooms with fully open windows so you will save money and time!

You should remember that you are only a guest on this Planet known as “Earth” or as some of you call it lovely “mother Earth” or “Home”.

Jasmin,
Yes English is difficult. It evolved from so many other languages that there are as many exceptions as there are rules.

Your letter was very understandable. The corrections from Bbucko and I are simple grammatical changes, but the your meaning was very clear. Good luck with this.

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Jasmin:

JustAsking and Bbucko have dispensed excellent advice. Good luck with continuing to acquire a mastery of English. For some it's easy, but as a former English as a foreign language professor I understand and feel your pain. Your glasses can "fog up" and "fog over" but why can't they "fog down"? As much as I dislike recommending American television, I have noticed that students at your level of comprehension quickly advance from watching endless reruns of Friends. Personally, that situation comedy turns my stomach, but it has a special appeal for those in their teens and twenties. Good luck.

Last edited:

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Hey, im now visit a High School and english kills me xD.
Our Topic is the environment.

We write a test soon, so i like ask you... if u understand this...

Oh well this is my Homework i had to write for the school I just wanna know if you would to listen me if you understand it.

Three words that denote you might not be old enough to be on this site?

Do 18 year olds go to high school and have homework?

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
You need to learn to stop thinking in your native language and transliterating everything that pops into your head. The only way to do this is immersion study, with minimal contact with your native language and maximum exposure to English.

That is the trick man, try to think in English, it's hard in the beginning, but in the end you don't do anything else. Your English will better if you try to talk it too.

Your text was understandable, but at some moments there were too many verbs in a sentence.

Good luck.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Three words that denote you might not be old enough to be on this site?

Do 18 year olds go to high school and have homework?

Yes, most Seniors are either 17 or 18. If they were held back a grade or started late due to their birthday they could also be 19 and in High School.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:p

but u understand my letter

thx

It's charming and comprehensible but not really English as it's used by people around the world, whether by native- or secondary-language speakers. It seems to have been translated word-by-word from some other language with lots of help from a dictionary. But the verbs are pretty good and the spelling is excellent.

How long have you been studying English? What is your native language?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
His "join date" is April 2005.

You can be 21 or 22 and still be in High School. In theory, I think. :eek:

He (or she... Jasmin) also said "Hey, im now visit a High School and english kills me xD." so maybe it's a night class as an adult.

Last edited:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You can be 21 or 22 and still be in High School. In theory, I think. :eek:

He (or she... Jasmin) also said "Hey, im now visit a High School and english kills me xD." so maybe it's a night class as an adult.

Honestly, I just presumed that either "visit" or "High School" meant something different to the OP than it would to us.

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Don't think too much of it, he is probably old enough to be here. I thought that college and high school were the same, but now it seems that college in university or so. very confusing, so probably for him too.

B_jasmin

Just Browsing
Media
ha, dont worry before i was in an apprenticeship and since the summer im back to school :)

oh well, i can read and to listen english quite good - but cant write from german to english fine xD

we dont have much posibilities here for teach well our english.

Last edited: