English Premier League Football

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
C'mon you football fans, let's make this a nice thread for discussions on the game (not just premier league- and for the gay guys you can talk about who's hot or not haha) and a repository for links to goals and highlights.

I am a massive Liverpool fan, I've been to Anfield and stood in the Kop and the Annie road end, I've seen Robbie Fowler score on his birthday and I saw Owens last goal for the club. I have yet to see Torres play! I can't wait!

I am an American but I've played the sport since I was 5 years old- 2 broken ankles, a kneecap and a wrist later I still play to this day.

So who thinks Lampard is off to Inter Milan? And what the fuck is villas problem, Barry is good but he damn sure isn't worth 20 mil! I'd like to keep Alonso but if Rafa thinks it's best I'll trust him, I think in the few seasons he's been at the club he sure knows what the fuck he's doing!

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Knockernail

1st Like
Media
What do you mean with "Villa's problem"? I guess you're talking about the player, not the Aston :)redface:).

I must admit that i'm lost between the movements and rumours of english market. I'll have to wait till september to know exactly who is where and who is nowhere :biggrin1:.

I mean, what the hell is going on with C Ronaldo??

Enjoy the best league in the world, Tarzan.

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was talking about Aston Villa :wink:, barry has stated publicly that he wants to come to liverpool, they've made 5 offers already and villa have turned them all down because they rate him at around 18 mil, l'pool have offered 15mil which is good enough!
barry is solid as fuck but if you look around the world there aren't a whole lot of defensive minded/utility midfielders that will command that much money!

I dunno whats up with c ronaldo, hes a ****

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Premiership is like Major League Baseball.

all about money/payrolls.

Man U = New York Yankees
Chelsea = Boston RedSox
Liverpool = New York Mets
Arsenal = LA Angels

Makes me realize why the NFL may be the best balanced league in all of professional sports.

Krusader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Premiership is like Major League Baseball.

all about money/payrolls.

Man U = New York Yankees
Chelsea = Boston RedSox
Liverpool = New York Mets
Arsenal = LA Angels

Makes me realize why the NFL may be the best balanced league in all of professional sports.

I have to disagree. :wink: (Your comparison may be right, I don't know baseball, but Chelsea is the big money team, Liverpool the most successful club (all time) and Man U probably the most well known brand)

All 20 premier league teams play each other twice (home and away) each season, you cant say that about the NFL. There is nothing to play for in the NFL once the playoffs are pretty much decided for the majority of teams.

In the premier league you have teams outside the title race fighting for champions league spots (worth millions), uefa cup spots (worth millions) and battling against relegation (worth millions in loss of tv money).
In the division below it you have teams battling for a premier league spot, there is no guarantee to big teams and there is incentive to smaller clubs.
Also every year the run of a 'giant killer' in the fa cup is one of the most enthralling things in sport.
When a financially smaller club beats a giant there is nothing like it.

Besides, the ball is only actually in play an average of 12 minutes (look it up) in a 3-4 hr NFL game, compared to 90 minutes, literally, in football. Much better return for your time. :smile:

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Fucking hate football with a vengeance, and this is coming from a life long Brit.

Much prefer to watch the NHL and the local team here (Nottingham Panthers).

Football in the UK lost it's charm ever since the mid 1980's, when too much money was pumped in, and rich spoiled brat players like Beckham in the game, where image was seen as vastly more important than the game itself :rant: