English traduction plz * femme fontaine *

kephers

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im french and i want to know how you call a lady who squirt alot.. in french its called femme fontaine. Squirting lady would be the traduction words for words but it doesn't sound right.. thanks :)

Reactions: alcor972

'Femme fontaine' certainly does sound better. Maybe you should just stick with that. When people ask what it means you can explain it to them as if they are just really ignorant. Of course some people won't ask, because they won't want to risk looking stupid.

What's a 'traduction' by the way?

Reactions: AlteredEgo

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
'Femme fontaine' certainly does sound better. Maybe you should just stick with that. When people ask what it means you can explain it to them as if they are just really ignorant. Of course some people won't ask, because they won't want to risk looking stupid.

What's a 'traduction' by the way?
Translation. I don't speak French, but I speak another Romantic language, and I can read French. In Spanish, the word for 'to translate' is 'traducir'. What I tend to do with foreign language is learn the rules, toss out some words that seem like they might be right because they follow the rules, and await correction by a native speaker. You would not believe how fast my vocabulary grows by this method if friendly native speakers abound. So, for example, someone whose primary tongue is English might notice that to arrive at a correct Spanish word, you might take an English word that end in '-ity', drop the suffix, and add '-udad' or '-dad'. Examples might be city becoming ciudad, unity becoming unidad, or civility becoming civilidad. You might then notice that the suffix 'tion' becomes 'cion', meaning civilization becomes 'civilización'. Similarly, you'd think 'translation' would become 'translación'. But you'd be wrong. Translation translates to traducción. (It gets much, much worse with that crazy irregular verb. 'I translate' is 'traduzco'.)

I believe our new acquaintance is doing the same thing I do with new languages, but in reverse. So the surprisingly incorrect, guessed-at translation for the word translation arrived upon is traduction. If you go through enough threads from French, Italian and Spanish speakers here, the non-word traduction comes up a lot.