Enlarged Prostate

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by nakedwally, May 17, 2007.

1. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    I recently went to the doctor because i was having an overactive bladder and he did a prostate exam and also some other tests it seems i Have an enlarged prostate. My question here is I am only 26 aren't a little too young for this? it's not cancer or anything but still, well then again maybe it can happen at any age, but all this is all new and scary for me anyone else here have this problem with an enlarged prostate who can answer questions or at least be there for support

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    An enlarged prostate can happen at ANY age..... for someone as young as you it would seem that prostatitis is the most likely cause...a simple bacterial infection , easily treated with antibiotics....

3. dongalong

Gold Member

I don't have an enlarged prostate but I have read that Saw Palmetto and pumpkin seeds are a natural treatment for it.

4. D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin

D_Vita_Mee_Tavegamin Account Disabled

There are 3 main reasons for an enlarged prostate
    1- Prostatitis -- inflammation of the prostate, can happen anytime could be infectious in nature, like a urinary tract infection.

2--Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy -- (BPH) Enlargening of prostate, most seen with increasing age. Having to urinate (pee) often, trouble starting peeing, only being able to pee small amounts, never feeling like you've emptied your bladder. Prescription treatments like Avodart and Flomax are prescribed to dilate the urethra (flomax) or shrink the prostate (Avodart) improving symptoms. Some natural treatments here are Saw Palmetto, Pumpkin seeds, etc. -- still talk to your doctor though -- because signs are similar to #3.

3-Prostate Cancer -- cancerous growth of chunks of your prostate near your urethra giving you similar symptoms to #2 -- need treatment usually radiation, surgical resection, or brachytherapy.

Dude, can't be sure but you sound like you fall into #1 -- most dudes will have prostatitis at least once, or more often. I had it a couple of months ago. Not a big deal, responds best to treating with giving it time, or even some simple antibiotics.

5. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mine was somewhat enlarged for several years and diagnosed as BPH. My PSA was hovering around 4. Then I was diagnosed with Lyme diesease and have been treated with long-term antibiotics. My prostate is now considered to be small and my last PSA, a few months ago, was 1. The PA I saw for a bout of prostatitis about a year ago thought that the Lyme had gotten in there. Lyme is endemic around here but I got it in MA, I think.

Wally, are you on antibitics?

Dave

6. hairyguy29

hairyguy29 Member

Albums:
    When you're healthy again, seriously consider working some prostate massage into your sex life. It won't make you gay (I was gay long before I ever touched my P-spot), it feels wonderful and it greatly contributes to a healthy prostate.

Hairyguy

7. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    well everything is good now. everything is back in order took some antibiotics and Saw Palmetto and pumpkin seeds as suggested here. I feel much better too i don't have to pee as much. Thanks again for your help

8. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Also, when I had a prostate infection, my Dr. actually "prescribed" sex. Well, that is, he told me, "You need to make sure that you ejaculate at least once daily to 'flush everything out'. It'll help recovery, and future prevention."

9. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:
    I masturbate at least twice daily cause i ain't getting any so i think i am ok there

10. ignorant

ignorant New Member

Did your doc rule out diabetes?

11. nakedwally

Gold Member

Albums:

Yes diabetes has been ruled out, had to get some bloodwork done for that, all my lab results came back good

Draft saved Draft deleted