Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ennio Morricone, one of the greatest composers of the last seven decades passed away at dawn today.

Ennio Morricone dies aged 91

The Guardian list of 10 of his greatest compositions is just a small snapshot of his vast talent. I hadn't heard some of these. Rather than embed them all I've added the link and we can put our own favourites in this thread.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ennio Morricone, one of the greatest composers of the last seven decades passed away at dawn today.

Ennio Morricone dies aged 91

The Guardian list of 10 of his greatest compositions is just a small snapshot of his vast talent. I hadn't heard some of these. Rather than embed them all I've added the link and we can put our own favourites in this thread.

definitely brilliant,including 'the mission' theme
R.I.P

one of the persons whose music influenced alright

Once Upon A Time In America soundtrack.
Deborah's Theme.

Reactions: Enid and Yorkie

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I found this track written for the BBC in 1981 which many people will have forgotten.

Chi Mai (Theme from 'The Life & Times Of David Lloyd George')

yes
the themes familiar
dont recall what the program was about tho,likely not of interest at my my younger age

I found this track written for the BBC in 1981 which many people will have forgotten.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yes the themes familiar
don't recall what the program was about tho,likely not of interest at my my younger age
I wasn't living in the UK at the time it was broadcast but I wouldn't have watched it either.
A Welsh politician who was British prime minister (1916–22) isn't something I'd spend 9 hours on even now!

Reactions: Enid and rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wasn't living in the UK at the time it was broadcast but I wouldn't have watched it either.
A Welsh politician who was British prime minister (1916–22) isn't something I'd spend 9 hours on even now!

haha
thought he was a British PM,at one stage
we NZ got a lot of the English programs/and everything else, in the early days,before we got USA stuff

i was actually trying to remember if it was also a theme used for a Greek luxury ship/ yacht program,where they sailed the waters around the Greek isles at the same time

don't recall what the program was about tho,likely not of interest at my my younger age