Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The creator behind the "Natural Male Enhancement" product called Enzyte is one man now feeling anything but enhanced.

I found this news article a little while ago and thought I'd share it with everyone. I always laughed at those obnoxious commercials with "Smiling Bob" and I for one will be glad if they go off the air.

Enjoy!:biggrin1:

"Smiling Bob" Verdict: Guilty

CINCINNATI -- A federal court jury on Friday found the owner of a company that sells "male enhancement" tablets and other herbal supplements guilty of conspiracy to commit mail fraud, bank fraud and money laundering.
Steve Warshak is founder and president of Berkeley Premium Nutraceuticals, which distributes Enzyte and a number of products alleged to boost energy, manage weight, reduce memory loss and aid restful sleep.
Television ads for Enzyte feature "Smiling Bob," a goofy, grinning man whose life gets much better after he uses the product.
Warshak, 40, could face more than 20 years in prison and his company could have to forfeit tens of millions of dollars.
Messages seeking comment from Warshak's Boston attorney Martin Weinberg and Assistant U.S. Attorney Anne Porter were left at their offices Friday night.
Prosecutors claimed customers were bilked out of $100 million through a series of deceptive ads, manipulated credit card transactions and the company's refusal to accept returns or cancel orders. They said unauthorized credit card charges generated thousands of complaints over unordered products.
Warshak's mother, Harriett Warshak, also was convicted of conspiracy, bank fraud and money laundering. Two other company employees were convicted on related charges.
Harriet Warshak said she would appeal.
"We don't believe it was a fair verdict," she said.
Several friends and relatives of the defendants wept as the verdicts were read.
"It's a sad day," said Bruce Whitman, an attorney who represented an employee who was acquitted. "I find it hard to believe the other defendants were convicted."
He said the accusations should have been made in a civil court, not a criminal court.
The government also alleged the defendants obstructed investigations by two federal agencies.
Some former employees, including relatives of Warshak, pleaded guilty to other charges and cooperated with prosecutors. They testified that the company created fictitious doctors to endorse the pills, fabricated a customer-satisfaction survey and made up numbers to back claims about Enzyte's effectiveness.
Defense lawyers characterized that testimony as tainted because it was forced by the threat of prosecution.
The defense contended in the trial that Berkeley suffered from customer service that didn't keep pace with the company's rapid growth from a one-person startup in 2001 to 1,500 employees in 2004.
Weinberg also had told jurors that Berkeley had been targeted by the government in "a relentless criminal investigation."
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Dayton, Ohio Weather, News, Sports and Entertainment WDTN.com, 2 On Your Side News and Weather: "Smiling Bob" Verdict: Guilty

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I gotta agree. That's a satisfying verdict. :)

(I guess their evidence didn't stand up in court! *ba-dum ching!*)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I gotta agree. That's a satisfying verdict. :)

(I guess their evidence didn't stand up in court! *ba-dum ching!*)
Yes, but they are firm in their claims of innocence.

Seriously, I'm not surprised that they are going under; I'm not surprised that there was fraud going on; and I'm glad I won't be subjected to any more of those Bob commercials - he looked like he had some kind of facial deformity.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am sure that he will appeal the decision and drag this out while simultaneously bribing appellate judges. Those Enzyte commercials where totally bogus... like any woman is gonna be turned on by their dipshit coworker when he has a constant hard-on, even at the pool! lol!!!!