Enzyte

B_bi_in_socal

Just Browsing
Media
If people want to buy the shit then let em. The FDA is wrong on this one.

WTF is 'male enhancement' anyway? I mean, if you read "it'll make my dick bigger" into it, you deserve to lose your money anyway. The government should not have the power to prevent stupid people from hurting themselves. I'm not kidding.

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
[snip]
The government should not have the power to prevent stupid people from hurting themselves. I'm not kidding.

The FDA nor the government have nothing to do with this lawsuit.

The FDA does not regulate nutritional supplements.

The lawsuit was a civil suit brought by one of the purchasers, not the government.

It's funny, isn't it, how any excuse to rail against the goverment can be used if you just ignore the facts.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Actually- the suit alleged the company violated government regulations regarding truth in advertising.

So... in a sense, yes- it does involve the Government.

In the modern world where 7 corporations control all media, you have companies with a financial interest in manipulating information as your sole source of information.

That makes it especially critical that the Govenrment regulate advertising, and even non-ad content that, nevertheless, seeks to perpetuate a false belief that enriches the company controlling that content.

You will find in the coming years that "supplement" will come under regulatory scrutiny, because these concoctions ARE causing real harm.
You can KILL people with an excess of Vitamin A, and many herbal supplements have pharmacological effects that are dangerous when combined with certain prescribed and over the counter medications.

As with anything... profit oriented companies are loopholing their products to take every advantage they can with little or no regard to the consequences... and are spinning out of control ( anyone see a pattern emergent in this free market shit? )

They will , ultimately HAVE to be brought into lineby law.

And the argument that people have no right to be protected from their own stupidity is FALSE.
What the fuck do you think traffic laws are for?

Besides... this is not a matter of stupidity... this is a matter of Ignorance.

When OTHERs control your access to information, you can not be entirely held responsible for your own ignorance.

Television shows hunting imaginary ghosts and alien spaceships, TV News stories about psychics or miraculous images of Mary... we are being deluged with FALSE information.

And this is not by chance.
These programs MAKE MONEY by conflating fantasy with reality.
They are seeking to make ALL ideas seem equal, so they can profit off of the ideas they don't ever have to prove.

People are believing poppycock because they are being SOLD on the idea that ANYTHING is possible and therefore ANYTHING is LIKELY.

Sooner or later... a species reliant on technology and science is gonna have to rein in the ridiculous and QUANTIFY valid information from invalid information.

Branleur49008

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

WTF is 'male enhancement' anyway? I mean, if you read "it'll make my dick bigger" into it, you deserve to lose your money anyway. The government should not have the power to prevent stupid people from hurting themselves. I'm not kidding.

OMG...Bill-O? Bill-O the Clown? Is that YOU?