Epididymitis: I Demand A Cure, NOW!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My 24 year old godson has been suffering with Epididymitis since October of 2009. His fiance broke up with him because she feared an infection she had allegedly gotten from lake swimming was the cause. :frown1: :confused:

I have read through the threads with epididymitis in the title and I have read quite a few websites and what I've found is that it happens to some guys but not others. :mad: It doesn't discrimintate based on race, creed, color, religion, or sexuality. It's origins seem to be idiopathic. The Mayo Clinic and the CDC can't even seem to agree on a cause or treatment. :irked: I know the internet is not the best source of medical information, but I tend to trust the CDC, NIH, Mayo Clinic, MERCK and a few others.

Clearly this is a very painful and often life alterring ailment. Why are we not spending research money on findidng a cure?!? Not saying cancer research isn't important but come on guys this is your penis we are talking about. Y'all need to get more vocal in the medical community about this scourge.

Eisenhower

Expert Member
Media
I don't get it? A trip to the urologist and a course of antibiotics generally takes care of epididymitis. I've had it twice and both times it was better within a week on antibiotics. What's going on with your godson?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't get it? A trip to the urologist and a course of antibiotics generally takes care of epididymitis. I've had it twice and both times it was better within a week on antibiotics. What's going on with your godson?[/QUOTE] My sweet bambino is on his 3rd or 4th round of antibiotics. :confused: He had a reaction to the Avelox last week. So I'm not sure what they will try next. :frown1:
I would look for treatment (with)in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Possibly he needs a change in his lifestyle, especially in his eating patterns.
I'm sure he could benefit from a change in diet & lifestyle. He tends to eat like a spoiled 4 year old. :irked: He smokes but he isn't a big drinker because like me he is allergic to hops. He has developed an affinity for single malt scotch and vodka though. He doesn't do street drugs because he grew up with an aunt who has been a heroin addict the last 17 years or so.

His dad is very into eastern herbal medicines so I will tell him to look into it. :cool:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
First of all, is he being treated by a urologist? It's my take that some physicians, particularly family practice docs, tend to undertreat certain things. When we have a difficult to kill bug, it can be helpful to try to get a sample, grow more in a culture, and test what antibiotics it is sensitive to. I've had this done with bronchitis and, sure enough, it was sensitive to a drug my doctor admitted she would not have thought of using.
If he hasn't been treated by a urologist, it seems to me that this could be the next step. I wish him well. I had it in college and it was excruciating. Oh, the first medication I got didn't get all of it and I had a recurrence.
Dave

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My 24 year old godson has been suffering with Epididymitis since October of 2009. His fiance broke up with him because she feared an infection she had allegedly gotten from lake swimming was the cause. :frown1: :confused:

I have read through the threads with epididymitis in the title and I have read quite a few websites and what I've found is that it happens to some guys but not others. :mad: It doesn't discrimintate based on race, creed, color, religion, or sexuality. It's origins seem to be idiopathic. The Mayo Clinic and the CDC can't even seem to agree on a cause or treatment. :irked: I know the internet is not the best source of medical information, but I tend to trust the CDC, NIH, Mayo Clinic, MERCK and a few others.

Clearly this is a very painful and often life alterring ailment. Why are we not spending research money on findidng a cure?!? Not saying cancer research isn't important but come on guys this is your penis we are talking about. Y'all need to get more vocal in the medical community about this scourge.
I'm a registered nurse and If I need some quick medical info, I go to WebMD - Better information. Better health. for a realiable source of information.