Epididymitis: I Demand A Cure, NOW!

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Principessa, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

My 24 year old godson has been suffering with Epididymitis since October of 2009. His fiance broke up with him because she feared an infection she had allegedly gotten from lake swimming was the cause. :frown1: :confused:

I have read through the threads with epididymitis in the title and I have read quite a few websites and what I've found is that it happens to some guys but not others. :mad: It doesn't discrimintate based on race, creed, color, religion, or sexuality. It's origins seem to be idiopathic. The Mayo Clinic and the CDC can't even seem to agree on a cause or treatment. :irked: I know the internet is not the best source of medical information, but I tend to trust the CDC, NIH, Mayo Clinic, MERCK and a few others.

Clearly this is a very painful and often life alterring ailment. Why are we not spending research money on findidng a cure?!? Not saying cancer research isn't important but come on guys this is your penis we are talking about. Y'all need to get more vocal in the medical community about this scourge.

2. Principessa

Gold Member

*BUMP*

3. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

I don't get it? A trip to the urologist and a course of antibiotics generally takes care of epididymitis. I've had it twice and both times it was better within a week on antibiotics. What's going on with your godson?

4. D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov Account Disabled

I would look for treatment (with)in Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Possibly he needs a change in his lifestyle, especially in his eating patterns.

5. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. Principessa

Gold Member

7. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    First of all, is he being treated by a urologist? It's my take that some physicians, particularly family practice docs, tend to undertreat certain things. When we have a difficult to kill bug, it can be helpful to try to get a sample, grow more in a culture, and test what antibiotics it is sensitive to. I've had this done with bronchitis and, sure enough, it was sensitive to a drug my doctor admitted she would not have thought of using.
    If he hasn't been treated by a urologist, it seems to me that this could be the next step. I wish him well. I had it in college and it was excruciating. Oh, the first medication I got didn't get all of it and I had a recurrence.
    Dave

8. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm a registered nurse and If I need some quick medical info, I go to WebMD - Better information. Better health. for a realiable source of information.

Draft saved Draft deleted