Epididymitis problem.

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by kusha, Sep 10, 2008.

1. kusha

kusha New Member

Is there any permanent cure to Epididymitis? Has this problem anything to do with frequency of ejaculations?

Please share info.:1zhelp:

2. covilha

covilha New Member

what is Epididymitis?

3. covilha

covilha New Member

Epididymitis is an inflammation of the coiled tube (epididymis) at the back of the testicle that stores and carries sperm. Pain and swelling are the most common signs and symptoms. Males of any age can get epididymitis, but it's most common in men between the ages of 19 and 35.
    Epididymitis is most often caused by a bacterial infection or by a sexually transmitted disease (STD) such as gonorrhea or chlamydia. In some cases, the testicle may also become inflamed — a condition called orchitis.

4. Smartalk

Gold Member

Epididymitis can also be caused by a viral infection. I had it 15+ years ago, saw my GP and he said there had been a number of guys in that week with the same problem. Was given antibiotics and a suspensory bandage, which looks something like one of those cotton bags that you soak dried peas in, attached to a cotton belt. After a few days everything was back to normal, never had it since.

Pity the doctor could'nt have just taken the pain away and left the swelling. I sure had an impressive looking pair of balls.

Before anyone makes the comment the answer is NO the other guys that my GP saw were not my gay friends.

5. W/In 1 Stand Dev

W/In 1 Stand Dev Active Member

I have had it twice.

The first time was after some ho I picked up at a bar gave me road head.

A few days later I was struck with pain. Most of the time it was a dull nagging pain but every now and then it was like getting jabbed in the nuts, typically just the right one, really, with an ice pick :eek:

I got an injection of some antibiotic in my hip or upper thigh, which after a few hours made my thigh so sore I was limping for a day or two.

And then I think I got it a second time. I got the same shot and which yielded the same painful thigh results.

Both pains went away after a few days.

The physicians assistant who saw me just ASSumed it was chlamydia that caused it.

He didn't even bother testing for it.

Maybe he was just trying to keep it off my medical/insurance records.

I dunno :confused:

6. looneysamo

looneysamo New Member

Unfortunately, I've had it three times in the last 10 years. The first time, I got some antibiotics and it went away quickly. The second time, I got the injection in my butt that burned like liquid fire. But, within 30 minutes my fever broke and I started feeling better.

May of last year, I felt that familiar ache and called in for an appointment. The nurse told me to go to the ER. They started tests and freaked out because my white blood cell count was high. I ended up staying there for four days. They couldn't get the fever down and I contracted c.diff, while in the hospital.

In any case, I never have had an STD. They determined that the Claritin I was taking was causing the problem, as it is a vasoconstrictor or something like that.

Never was told to "clear the pipes" more often or use a suspensory jock, though I can see how that might help with the dull ache.

7. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you edging a lot or possible too long without ejaculation?
    Sometimes this can cause "blue-balls", which also causes the plumbing and tubes to fill and stretch and ache.

Draft saved Draft deleted