Epididymitis

mke75

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I find that hard to believe. What in God's name would they cut out? Doesn't make sense. :confused: Epididymitis is an infection! Sounds like the urologist who could not find my varicocele and wanted to perform exploratory surgery. The son of a bitch just wanted to cut, no ultrasound, no nothing. Some doctors will cut as often as they can just to get the money. Any surgery is invasive and full of side effects and should be avoided unless only a last resort. Run like hell from that bastard! :mad:

Well at first I was shocked he would say that surgery may be needed if it's chronic. I went home and looked up everything on it. And a majority of Med sites due state that surgery maybe needed for chronic cases. This was what i found under one site. I would run also.

"
The pain usually gets better within 1 to 3 days. The symptoms may return if antibiotics do not kill all of the bacteria. Symptoms may also return if bacteria from the urinary tract or from sexual contact reinfect the epididymis. If this happens, you will need more treatment with antibiotics.
Chronic epididymitis is more of a problem. Chronic means that the infection continues even after treatment. Taking anti-inflammatory medicine for a longer time may be helpful. If antibiotics and pain medicine do not help, surgery to remove the epididymis (epididymectomy) may be necessary. If the infection spreads to the testis, you may become infertile (unable to have children).

I got mine from a urinary tract infection.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Well at first I was shocked he would say that surgery may be needed if it's chronic. I went home and looked up everything on it. And a majority of Med sites due state that surgery maybe needed for chronic cases. This was what i found under one site. I would run also.

"
The pain usually gets better within 1 to 3 days. The symptoms may return if antibiotics do not kill all of the bacteria. Symptoms may also return if bacteria from the urinary tract or from sexual contact reinfect the epididymis. If this happens, you will need more treatment with antibiotics.
Chronic epididymitis is more of a problem. Chronic means that the infection continues even after treatment. Taking anti-inflammatory medicine for a longer time may be helpful. If antibiotics and pain medicine do not help, surgery to remove the epididymis (epididymectomy) may be necessary. If the infection spreads to the testis, you may become infertile (unable to have children).

I got mine from a urinary tract infection.

From what I have read, a UTI caused case typcially responds to antibiotics and if one does not clear it up, doctors should try another. There is no way to hunt down a UTI which is why, I suppose, they would remove the epididymus if it does not respond to antibiotics.

In any case, an ultrasound is indicated BEFORE even considering any type of testicular surgery. Without it, doctors are just guessing. Having had testicular surgery myself, about all I can say is to seek out a 2nd, no, actually at least 3 opinions from "non-related" doctors (doctors who do not know each other!) before allowing anyone to get near your nuts. You've seen pix of the inside of your testicles, right? This is microscopic surgery and the pain is excruciating and lasts a very long time. In fact, there can be residual nerve pain all the way up the spermatic cord for many, many months. :mad:

Ice packs and anti-inflammatories help cure the pain.

jimmyboy1012

Sexy Member
Media
Just a little update for you guys. I am doing better. The pain is more like a dull pain now, but is still uncomfortable. I was wondering if the fact that I usually shoot really big loads has anything to do with this? Usually I do eight to ten ropes each time. Probably no connection at all. Thanks for all your help

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Just a little update for you guys. I am doing better. The pain is more like a dull pain now, but is still uncomfortable. I was wondering if the fact that I usually shoot really big loads has anything to do with this? Usually I do eight to ten ropes each time. Probably no connection at all. Thanks for all your help

If you usually shoot 8-10, what are you shooting now? I would say probably no correlation but I may get some disagreement.

Doctors prescribe A/B's for infection and an infection will make your semen more lumpy and give it a weird color, like more yellow.

Are you still on an A/B? It sounds like it is working and should be totally cleared up after you have completed the whole bottle. If not, even if you still have dull aches, you need to call the doc for a possible refill.

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi

One of the many reasons we boys get epididymitis is as a result of undiagnosed chlamydia trachomatis (chlamydia). As we all know chlamydia is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and it's a bacteria so that means it can be got rid of with the help of antibiotics such as azithromycin (1 huge dose) or doxycycoine (over 7 days - course must be completed).

No doubt your doctor advised you to get a full sexual health MOT to ensure that you don't also have gonorrhoea which is also a bacteria infection but responds to different antibiotics. And lets not forget all the other STI's we can pick up.

Don't forget always follow the advice of your doctor and get ideas from these threads

The only sure way to avoid these infections is to not have sex!! and I know that's just not going to happen with all those huge cocks out there, they need to be exercised, so use a correct fitting condom yes that's for oral sex too - shame eh!

Have an STI free 2009

Brinz

jimmyboy1012

Sexy Member
Media
Just another update. I am feeling so much better now. I still have a weeks worth of antibiotic left, and intend on taking everyone! I took advice mentioned by several to "keep the pipes clean" and that seemed to really help in the long run. I think the blockage is gone and I my loads are back to normal size now. anybody have any advice for keeping gone?

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Just another update. I am feeling so much better now. I still have a weeks worth of antibiotic left, and intend on taking everyone! I took advice mentioned by several to "keep the pipes clean" and that seemed to really help in the long run. I think the blockage is gone and I my loads are back to normal size now. anybody have any advice for keeping gone?

Glad you are doing better. :smile: There are so many possible causes that is hard to avoid. Like those horrible times when my dick touches the toilet bowl. I hate when that happens! :mad:
Generally, I would think that pissing when you first feel the urge and don't hold it in. Drink lots of water. I've heard that drinking cranberry juice helps too. Thanks for keeping us updated. :smile: