epididymitis?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by D_eegby6ry, Dec 28, 2007.

1. D_eegby6ry

D_eegby6ry New Member

Just curious..anyone else had epididymitis?

I have had it at least three times, two after having two hernias repaired.

Curious to know whats going on down there...:confused:

2. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've had 2 hernias repaired and both times had normal post operative swelling and tenderness. If after your post-op visit (usually10 days) and a 2-3 week o healing time you're having discomfort or maybe epididymitis, check back with your G.P., or surgeon.

ok?

Michael*

3. Sixofspades

Sixofspades New Member

I've had it a couple of times too, on my left ball. The epididymis there is now perpetually swollen around the top and side (not excessively, but noticeable). I had two differerent ultrasounds as I thought I had developed cancer there or something, but it turns out the epididymitis caused it.

4. D_eegby6ry

D_eegby6ry New Member

hey thanks guys. ye ai went back to my surgeon this morning for the follow up appt and told him about possibly having it again, so he wrote me a script for an antibiotic.

damn hernias haha

5. Kauri Tree

Kauri Tree Active Member

Epididymitis is usually a benign condition caused either by a bacterial infection or a non-bacterial inflammation, the latter usually caused by minor trauma or inflammation of other parts of your reproductive organs. The first kind is treated with antibiotics; the second one is treated with anti-inflammation drugs like diclofenac, but usually just gets better with time.

6. Fat Tanuki

Fat Tanuki Active Member

Albums:
    Yeah - I had chronic epy for a while and haven't had a flare up in 2 years now. I have some scar tissue on the left ball from it. There's an epy forum online somewhere - some guys there are in constant, evil pain and they talk about suicide. It can get really nasty. There is a surgery that can help a lot where they block the nerve somehow.

If I had big money I'd give a lot for research into it.

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

If I were in chronic, evil pain I'd certainly consider removal of the offending organ.

Or at least I'd beg that my doctor write a renewable prescription for marijuana.

8. Fat Tanuki

Fat Tanuki Active Member

Albums:
    Demerol would be more like it. There are some who get the offending ball removed, but strangely enough it doesn't always help. The denervating surgery has a very good success rate and you get to keep your boys.

9. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Had it following a raging UTI a couple of years ago. And yeah, it hurts like a mother... akin to being kicked in the nuts repeatedly! :eek:

10. D_Jose Kanusee

D_Jose Kanusee Account Disabled

ive had it before, and having a hot technician for my sonogram didnt help either :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice