epididymitis?

D_eegby6ry

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just curious..anyone else had epididymitis?

I have had it at least three times, two after having two hernias repaired.

Curious to know whats going on down there...:confused:

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've had 2 hernias repaired and both times had normal post operative swelling and tenderness. If after your post-op visit (usually10 days) and a 2-3 week o healing time you're having discomfort or maybe epididymitis, check back with your G.P., or surgeon.

ok?

Michael*

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had it a couple of times too, on my left ball. The epididymis there is now perpetually swollen around the top and side (not excessively, but noticeable). I had two differerent ultrasounds as I thought I had developed cancer there or something, but it turns out the epididymitis caused it.

D_eegby6ry

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hey thanks guys. ye ai went back to my surgeon this morning for the follow up appt and told him about possibly having it again, so he wrote me a script for an antibiotic.

damn hernias haha

Kauri Tree

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Epididymitis is usually a benign condition caused either by a bacterial infection or a non-bacterial inflammation, the latter usually caused by minor trauma or inflammation of other parts of your reproductive organs. The first kind is treated with antibiotics; the second one is treated with anti-inflammation drugs like diclofenac, but usually just gets better with time.

Fat Tanuki

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yeah - I had chronic epy for a while and haven't had a flare up in 2 years now. I have some scar tissue on the left ball from it. There's an epy forum online somewhere - some guys there are in constant, evil pain and they talk about suicide. It can get really nasty. There is a surgery that can help a lot where they block the nerve somehow.

If I had big money I'd give a lot for research into it.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
There's an epy forum online somewhere - some guys there are in constant, evil pain and they talk about suicide. It can get really nasty. There is a surgery that can help a lot where they block the nerve somehow.

If I had big money I'd give a lot for research into it.

If I were in chronic, evil pain I'd certainly consider removal of the offending organ.

Or at least I'd beg that my doctor write a renewable prescription for marijuana.

Fat Tanuki

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Demerol would be more like it. There are some who get the offending ball removed, but strangely enough it doesn't always help. The denervating surgery has a very good success rate and you get to keep your boys.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Had it following a raging UTI a couple of years ago. And yeah, it hurts like a mother... akin to being kicked in the nuts repeatedly! :eek: