Erection issues?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by DeviledVillan_38, Dec 4, 2007.

1. DeviledVillan_38

DeviledVillan_38 New Member

Hey guys..

I'm 20, i don't smoke, rarely drink...all around pretty boring lifestyle...

However, I have a wicked time getting an erection. I can only really if i'm having sex. If I'm masterbating, i pretty much have to play with it for like an hour, it gets hard, and a few seconds later i'll cum. If I do get hard, and I don't cum right away, i'm limp again...

Anybody else have this kinda problem; or is it not even a problem?

2. B_denis11

B_denis11 New Member

Well, young man, nothing to be ashamed of. Live is funny. Some guy your age have constant erections that feel like a steel rod. Others have erection problems. Have you ever though of experimenting with cockrings or other barely visible devices? Message me about this. Dennis

3. B_DEATHbyCARROT

B_DEATHbyCARROT New Member

I find my stress level contributes heavily. When I broke up with my gf a couple years back the first couple of women I was with after that I felt guilty for being with during the act (felt like I was cheating but without the excitement, just guilt). Mind starts to wander and BAM: limp city. If you find yourself not being able to concentrate on what you are doing that may explain it. Men have a stereo-type of being snarling beasts when it comes to all things sexual, but I have rarely found that to be true from myself and most of my friends...

During sex that I feel good about I am rock hard tho.

4. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

It's odd that you have no problem getting an erection for sex, but it takes you an hour to get one during masturbation. It's usually the opposite for guys. Most are comfortable with masturbation, but can often get anxious during sex and can't get it up. There's nothing wrong with you since you can get an erection. For some reason you're uptight or something is going on when you're alone that's preventing you from getting an erection. Are you in a situation where you might get caught when you're alone? Not sure what to tell you. Keep working at it, I guess.

5. DeviledVillan_38

Well, i'm not afraid of getting caught, thats not an issue. I dunno, i'm just not turned on, or perhaps i'm bored and there's no excitment... When i'm with my girlfriend, i mean there are times where we'll be going at for an hour or so, but i can't cum for the life of me. So she says she'll give me a hand job or blowjob, she starts going, takes a break to get som energy (like a few seconds) and then i'm limp.

6. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Yes, I would think that having sex with your g/f would be more exciting than masturbation. That could be part of the problem; masturbation bores you. Many men would like to be able to go at it for an hour, so you're lucky in that respect, but it seems kind of extreme that you can't ejaculate. If you feel comfortable going to doctors, I'd see a urologist and see what he says. Do you ejaculate at all?

7. DeviledVillan_38

oh yeah, I usually ejaculate. It just takes time, and sometimes the reward isn't worth the "work". I mean, it's worth it, but it seems like when i cum, there should be more just because of the sheer amount of time put into it.

8. LilSlugger

LilSlugger New Member

I'm having that same problem with girls. I just got out of a long relationship and have been with a couple new chicks - I don't know what the deal is...I think about it (sex) all day. I guess it makes me nervous. How the hell do I get past it? I try to relax, not think about it leading up to it. But when it's time to 'get up' it doesn't want to work for me. It sucks :mad:

Any tips?

9. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

are you taking any medications? this can be a side effect of certain meds.

10. justcurious80

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    perform kegel exercises, they strengthen erections

11. LilSlugger

LilSlugger New Member

No meds. I've done kegels on and off for a couple years. Masturbation's not an issue, works fine then. It's just frustrating. I just seem to dwell on the fact of it getting hard when I'm with a girl. I wish I could just relax, not worry about anything, and have sex. It's easier said than done :(

12. B_Italian1

B_Italian1 New Member

Anxiety.

13. damole

damole New Member

Yes, I always knew it was anxiety. Just the other day I am starting to bang away and down goes the little man! She gets him back up again, and bang, down he goes again.

Other than the obvious, anyone have any tips, or is it a confidence issue mostly.

14. RamIt

RamIt Member

Exercise is great for reducing anxiety, and improving physical condition cant hurt either.

Draft saved Draft deleted