erection pointing

swimguy_14: ive recently gotten big enough that i have to put it down a leg of my boxers ins tead of just havin it hang. ive been havin it i the left side for awhile, and now whenever i get hard it points that way. if i put it in the right side will it fix that after awhile?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=swimguy_14 link=board=youth;num=1077599252;start=0#0 date=02/23/04 at 20:58:32]ive recently gotten big enough that i have to put it down a leg of my boxers ins tead of just havin it hang. ive been havin it i the left side for awhile, and now whenever i get hard it points that way. if i put it in the right side will it fix that after awhile?[/quote]
swimguy_14 -- not after "awhile". Mine hangs to the left and I've always attributed that to wearing it that way, as soon as it got long enough to hang, for years.
There are some who say that it will hang opposite to the side the bigger nut is on, but when it gets long enough and heavy enough, I think it would tend to push the nut aside instead of being pushed aside.

Maybe someone on the forum is aware of a study of dick hanging, but I'm not aware of any such research.
I think to conteract your hanging to the left would take several years of hanging right. Will anyone else chime in to this idea?

Luke ::)

swimguy_14: well ive only been doin for a couple months

1811: so your cock never pointed left until now?

i'd say your cock is getting 'used' to that side, and its growing that way. no big deal - mine often hangs to... the left? i think... (im not about to pull it out to check...) but as soon as it gets a little chubby it somewhat straightens out.

don't worry, cause you'll be that much more effective at stimulating the left vaginal wall during intercourse ;D

josh: lol, that is true dude! Mine points to the left. Always has done.

Ineligible: I don't know of any studies, but there have been many suggestions that how you "wear" your penis affects the direction it points. Some people have posted suggestive evidence. It seems to be well worth a study.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
This may be a "which came first, the chicken or the egg" argument.

Perhaps the penis is put down the wearer's left (or right) leg because it naturally bends that way, and just feels comfortable?

I know, I know, there are a bunch of us who don't have a curve, but in that case either side would do.

It's all in what you've gotten yourself used to.

Pecker

How many perverts does it take to put in a light bulb?

Only one, but it takes the entire emergency room to get it out.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Many guys have some curvature. It's considered quite normal, really. And, granted, there are no definitive studies which have been done to determine what attributes to curvature.

I have to wonder though, about jockey shorts--the "tightie whities" many of us wore earlier in life and how "cramped" things often got before switching to boxers.
It just stands to reason the cramped quarters (could) contribute to some distortion (bending, curving, etc) along the way long-term if the situation isn't addressed.

There's also the hypothesis (?) (educated guess ;D ) that some men's curvature reflects hand preference used in masturbation techniques down through the years. Could be (?)

More than likely, there are a combination of factors over an extended period of time which would influence or attribute to the curving factor men observe in their penises. Some guys hate their curvatures while others find it makes them somewhat unique in a rather positive way.

junior15074: When wearing clothes (in public) I hang to the right, however my erections are straight and point up at the ceiling. I don't believe which side you hang would cause you to go either right or left. I could be wrong, just my opinion.

hung: Freeballer here. I dress left. Mine travels down the left leg. When I masturbate which is not as often as when I was much younger, I usually use my right hand. Of course my left ball hangs lower so I guess the penis travels down the trouser leg that has the most room. I do not have a medical background, however I think that the penis enjoys it's freedom and in tailored garments the left leg is in fact larger. I recall being asked by custom tailors while living in England, which leg I preferred to have larger. The question was: Which way do you want to dress? Tailors will inform you that the norm is "Dress Left."

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=junior15074 link=board=youth;num=1077599252;start=0#8 date=02/26/04 at 06:19:00] my erections are straight and point up at the ceiling.[/quote]
The hottest, most sensual angle for one to point, junior. Be careful who you show it to, b/c she/he might try to get it. ::)

Luke

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[quote author=junior15074 link=board=youth;num=1077599252;start=0#8 date=02/26/04 at 06:19:00]... however my erections are straight and point up at the ceiling.  [/quote]

...sigh... I remember when my erections pointed up at the ceiling. Time and gravity have taken their toll on my suspensory ligament, though, and points down a little, when standing. I can no longer use it as a towel rack. :(

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=Mr._dB link=board=youth;num=1077599252;start=0#11 date=02/26/04 at 07:46:40]

...sigh...  I remember when my erections pointed up at the ceiling.  Time and gravity have taken their toll on my suspensory ligament, though, and points down a little, when standing.  I can no longer use it as a towel rack.  :([/quote]
Be consoled with it's having had that angle at one time, Mr._dB. Mine never had it -- maybe, a 70 degree at its shiniest! I've seen some that just wouldn't leave the abs, like it would have to be broken to get it down! ;) That's what a call a HARD DICK!

Luke

vkngsxgd8

Sexy Member
Media
At 42 yrs old, still quickly grow to and maintain a fine, often-times raging, erection here, which stands at an approximate 45 degree angle from my body, with a slight tilt to the left, big lowhangers underneath ... I seem to remember similar threads in here discussing how ones erection looks from above, below, or in profile, curvatures, bends, etc ?