Erection while among the guys (with no sexual intent)?

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
We've had several threads about fears of getting an erection in the locker room, who has seen yours and in what context, how you should react (or not) when you get a hard-on while among the guys (or out in public), and how good it feels to walk around naked (whether with a hard-on or not).

This is my question: Would you want to be able to walk around with a hard-on while among other guys, without any assumption of sexual intent on their part (or yours)?

Meaning, if it comes up, it comes up, and no one is prudish or shocked or phobic or thinking you've got sex on the mind? Meaning it's just a hard cock (not necessarily sexual at all)?

NCbear (who wishes in an ideal world this were possible, and who knows that when he was a teenager, he got lots of hard-ons just from the wind blowing a little too hard near his crotch)

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not really because that would diminish the thrill of getting a hard-on. If it was just a "whatever" thing, would you really be interested in looking when one of your straight friends popped one? Seee? I'm totally fine with razzing guys if that goes on because everyone gets a laugh and you get to see a boner. What's wrong with a litte teasing?

SteveWood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't see how an erect penis can be "not sexual at all," especially on an adult. On an adult male, an erection is sexual. (On an adult female, it's just weird. :smile: )

To answer your question, no, I don't particularly want erections to be de-sexualized - especially not my own. Hard-ons feel good BECAUSE they're sexual.

texas41-38

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Several years ago I was given an Rx that one of its side effects was "an inappropriate erection".

I was young and a bit more brash, but I told my Dr. that as far as I was concerned the only "innappropriate erection" is the one that you can't get!

BTW, I had no problems with the Rx.

Also since sometimes a cigar is just a cigar; sometimes a hard-on is just a hard-on.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
...you can wrap your lips around either but neither would be all that great tasting (bad joke, I need to wash my mouth out)...An erection is very sexy, the bigger the better, ther harder the more empowering. It's a since of dominance and sexuality, and a random one can only be embarrasing if you are of it, then it's friggin hilarious, LOL.
:cool:

lemont77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, when I had a hardon in the locker room in highschool, it was kind of a validating experience. I'm a grower, and when I'm not turned on, I am frighteningly small (less than an inch shows). But turned on, it's astonishingly large (by comparison to the previous statement of mine). It became an inside joke. One of my more clever classmates started referring to me as "The Sleeping Giant."

I wasn't embarrassed, though, because I'm male. Men get hardons. Especially teenage males. I think if you get hardons in the locker room at later ages, though, it might be because you like the attention it gets. That's still not sexual (I don't think). It just means you're a show-off. :rolleyes2:

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
"...This is my question: Would you want to be able to walk around with a hard-on while among other guys, without any assumption of sexual intent on their part (or yours)?

Meaning, if it comes up, it comes up, and no one is prudish or shocked or phobic or thinking you've got sex on the mind? Meaning it's just a hard cock (not necessarily sexual at all)?"

In our uptight society today, it's going to be difficult for a lot of men to ever feel comfortable with an erection around other men in lockerrooms or public showers, myself included.

I will always equate arousal as a sexual response--either one of my own choosing or one that's going to be taken that way by the onlooker.
While I would regard viewing another guy's hard-on as non-chalantly as I could of course, I would nonetheless probably feel very embarrassed for him.

I can almost say too, that if I developed a hard-on myself in such a setting, I'd probably walk a bit faster and grab a towel as quickly as I could! :rolleyes:

There's a difference in comfortably seeing one another nude in public settings. A male erection is going to change the tone immediately--wherever it happens. Allowing that erection to create a titillating environment is where one has to draw the line.

Displays of male arousal aren't as universally acceptable as we might think they are around here.

glow

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I saw a guy with an erection once in the sauna. He just walked in with his cock hard. He wasn't proud of it but didn't try to hide it either.

I get an erection almost everytime when I'm in the sauna with other large men. I just sit and try to hide it. If others are interested, they notice it because hiding a big hard cock is difficult. When the erection's gone, I go to shower myself.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I want them to stay sexual but I also wish people would stop being embarrased by them you get one so be it and if I point it out show it to me! and be proud of it hey at least it works unlike so many other guys out there.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
I have known a couple of guys who would get erections almost every time they worked out. They would just laugh it off.

Myself, I do the opposite. Mine shrinks up some. It doesn't in the cold but it does at excersize.

Two experiences:

At boarding school we had gang showers and 2-4 to a room, morning wood was pretty routine. After you got over the first week, it just didn't matter. You might steal a glance but nobody ever said anything. At least in the shower. Same deal with masturbation. At night you'd pass around a few magazines and just not look at the other guys. It just wasn't a big deal. When you don't have any privacy there's not much choice and if you're a young teen male, you don't have any control anyway. Yeah, the first few times it's awkward but when it's treated as routine, the novelty wears off pretty damn quick.

Second time was when I was in college and worked at a mall. We didn't get off until just after 9pm so I had little time to run to the gym and get a workout in before it too closed. There were few guys there normally but on Friday nights there were more than average. I finish working out and like Uncutsouthernboy, my dick HATES exercise and shrivels up to nothing. So I go into the sauna and a guy I saw around earlier is laying on the top bench with a towel over his parts and he's obviously asleep. I'm just winding down, enjoying a good sweat, and another guy comes in and we start talking quietly. The other guy is still dead asleep and while we're talking, the obvious happens. The sleeping guy, who's pretty skinny and short, starts tenting up, and up, and up until finally he's got a huge raging boner, completely out of proportion to the rest of him, sticking right up with the towel still hanging on. The other guy and I are trying to keep from laughing, trying to continue our covnersation until finally the other guy says to me, "He must be French." "Oh? Why do you say that? Is he uncircumcised?," I asked. He replies, "No, he's flying the white flag!" We both started laughing, trying REALLY hard to stifle it but finally we decided they'd be closing soon so we'd better wake up Frenchie and go shower.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
There's sort of an unwritten rule among straight men that anything below the belt is something that you're not supposed to look at in the locker room. So, if a guy is walking around with a boner, there shouldn't be any problem because you're not supposed to be looking down anyway.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is my question: Would you want to be able to walk around with a hard-on while among other guys, without any assumption of sexual intent on their part (or yours)?

Your question sort of seems pointless. Morning wood is somewhat non sexual but at any other time of the day, a hard on means you're turned on.

I love being naked but I really don't see what the point would be of walking around with an erection. Sure, sometimes it might happen but I'm not gonna strut around like some small egoed rooster.

So, the answer is no.

What would be the point?

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, it happens, but to want to strut around naked with a hardon just seems strange to me. Hardons do happen at all times of the day and night but intentionally walking around like Priapus without expecting anyone to think of sex.... that just ain't gonna happen.

Some fantasies are exactly that, fantasies.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
a boner is an unplanned uncontrolled erection.

a boner is also a clumsy mistake; why can't they be the same thing?

It is just a random thing;

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was at the spa and it has a big open space for the guys using several jacuzzis. It is not uncommon I see a guy sporting an erection and just at peace with it like it didn't happen. Big guys too...so it is kind of a beautiful thing to see...and yes...I look.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Penises get hard. Fact of life.

Some guy got really hard in the showers at summer camp. I didn't think much anything of it, as dicks get hard easily for most any reason, especially for young guys going through puberty, experiencing new sensations down there. Seems normal enough that a penis sometimes gets stiff. At least it's apparently functional, a good thing when he marries and it becomes babymaking time.

So often to be polite or respectful, nothing is said of it, and an erection is often overlooked. Some guy in class had an obvious penis bulge thrusting against his zipper. Either nobody else noticed (unlikely?), or they didn't care or didn't let on that they noticed.

I think an erection means the guy is "turned on" sexually, but that doesn't indicate any sexual intent. Could just be a full bladder, a long day, he's tired, a sexual thought, a glance at an attractive lady, or a boring class. Or it could indicate that he has a dick, and dicks just do that. Best to overlook it, and in time erections usually subside.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have observed that attitudes concerning public erections have changed dramatically over time. In school when I was younger, it was not uncommon for a male teacher to take you aside after class and chastise you for having displayed an erection during class and to say to you " let's see that that does not happen again during class". Talk about humiliating! Nowadays, if I spring an erection at the gym or sauna, I am completely nonchalant about it, but do not flaunt it!