Erections from inositol?

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stared taking inositol 750 mg now I seem to sleep all night with a Erection.

should i stop taking inositol or take more inositol?

Last edited:

Rammajamma771

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
A prolonged erection can cause damage to the penis tissue and lead to erection problems. Is this self-medication or was it prescribed by a doctor? If prescribed, you need to stop taking it until you can call your doctor. If self medicating , cut back and see if the contant erection goes away.

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A prolonged erection can cause damage to the penis tissue and lead to erection problems. Is this self-medication or was it prescribed by a doctor? If prescribed, you need to stop taking it until you can call your doctor. If self medicating , cut back and see if the contant erection goes away.

it just a vitamin

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Never heard of this one? How much are you taking? What brand and source?

This is a common supplement and though anything is possible I have never heard of this effect from it's use. I will do some searches however in some unlikely places and see if I can find anything else.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

This was so interesting I went over and Googled it. Surprisingly there is a connection here. There are a number of different Inositol formulae and several are used surprisingly in treatment of ED and have some track record of effectiveness. In fact there may be other benefits of this B-Vitamin as well including improvement in those who have blood sugar problems and are not on medications for it. This stuff does have use and

This is a very interesting tip and may have led me in some interesting directions as far as my own research on this subject and I want to thank you for posting it. The leads I got from researching this headed me in a couple of other directions as well.

Thanks. . . . .

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media

Inositol by the way is Vitamin B-3. Vitamin B is a water soluble vitamin and is relatively safe at high dosages because it will be thrown if it follows the rules of other B Vitamins.

What interests me is the specific version you are taking. In fact with this vitamin dosages of as high as 3000mg are common. Some versions of this are more effective than others for different things according to the various medical sites.

Let's explain the erection at least to some degree:

I have ED by diagnosis and yet in certain positions I still get erections while in bed. This is common. The positions most common for me are when I am lying on my side with my right side more prone to it than my left.

The one thing we have to differentiate and I am doing this for another poster is the difference between an erection and priapism. The wording "prolonged erection" is probably what hinted to the other poster that what you were discussing was not an erection, but a state of priapism which is very different.

There are even two different kinds of priapism by the way. One has blood flow and other than being painful is not dangerous, the other does not have blood flow and it is this one that does damage if not dealt with properly.

I can use big medical words here, but blood flow means tissue and nerve oxygenation and lack of it means zero oxygenation and death of cells.

Night time erections during sleep in men come and go and rarely are they of such a nature that they are a problem. Again the difference between a natural happening that may be magnified by the drug versus a drug induced or disease induced state that has some medical risk of the exact nature is not known.

The night time erections can be almost constant and as long as they are not painful in any manner they are not a state of priapism. To tell if you have blood flow an MD can do an ultrasound using a special device which he places against your penis. This device is used for diagnosis of ED. (Been there-done that)

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
In the research that I have done so far it appear that Inositol is considered a treatment for and is somewhat effective in promoting better erections. In additional research I found records and information showing dosages commonly as high as 3g per day. As has been said it is one of the B vitamins and is water based so it would be VERY hard to overdose on it because it would be thrown off. The research also uncovered that it is far more effective taken as a powder than it is taken as a pill. While it is expensive bought from health food stores, it can be bought in bulk packages off the internet for very reasonable prices.

As an experiment I started myself on 3g per day to see what happens and if it makes any positive changes.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
Just because the substance is natural or a vitamin, that doesn't mean that the prolonged erection that results can't be dangerous if you don't get oxygen to the cells in the cock.

First is that we have to chance some definitions here. An erection is never hard enough by it's actual definition to have negative effects on blood flow.

There are two different kinds of priapism. A priapism is different in that is much harder than any natural erection and an "eschemic priapism" indeed has no tissue oxygenation. A non-eschemic priapism does have oxygenation and though painful will do no permanent damage. The problem here is that it takes an ultrasound device specifically designed to detect which one is present to know.

What is being described to me in the OP is that the man is having frequent or constant erections while in bed or sleeping. In some men this is common and is not cause in and of itself for any kind of alarm. When I was in my teens I had the same situation. I would welcome that back those days.

Though I have ED now, it came from a hard landing on a saddle horn and scar tissue that formed from that injury. In spite of this, the problem did not start to show up until I was in my 30's and was not serious enough to even warrant attention until is was nearly 50 years old.

I am currently working on a medical clinic plan with several MD's. These will deal with male reproductive problems including E.D..

I deal with this as a subject constantly because treatment is part of what we will be doing.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
okay, it's been a week. report?????? when does taking inosital daily take effect? does it take a day or 2, or a week???? does/did inositol help EQ?

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I have been taking Inositol now for nearly 2 weeks as an experiment to see if anything changes. As of this time I have not experienced this effect in any manner, but I have seen some other benefits to this supplement. It may take time however for this one to build up to some sort of level where it has that effect. I will remain on this supplement for a while before making a complete value judgment.

I have heard of men who claim that they can create a "chemical erection" from Maca and Horny Goat Weed. I have never been able to substantiate that one either, but, all individuals are genetically unique for the most part.

Will keep all of you posted after a substantial enough period of time.

closetbi

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Inositol and niacin widen blood vessels close to the skin, causing an increase in blood flow, and making it way easier to get a boner.

Lampwick

Experimental Member
Media
There are different forms of inositol.

What we normally think of as inositol is cyclohexane-1,2,3,4,5,6-hexol:
Inositol or cyclohexane-1,2,3,4,5,6-hexol is a chemical compound with formula C6H12O6 or (-CHOH-)6, a sixfold alcohol (polyol) of cyclohexane.
Inositol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hen there's Inositol Hexaniacinate (thus the confusion with niacin):
Inositol hexaniacinate, otherwise known as inositol nicotinate or no-flush niacin, consists of 6 nicotinic acid molecules crossed-linked together with an inositol molecule. Inositol hexaniacinate appears to have vasodilatory, fibrinolytic, as well as lipid-lowering activities.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/447528

There is also inositol triphosphate, which may actually work against erections:
Both inositol triphosphate and diacylglycerol cause an increase in intracellular Ca++, which in turn activates MLC kinase and leads to an increase in phosphorylated MLC. This enables the smooth muscle cell to contract and thus prevent erection.
http://cme.medscape.com/viewarticle/430251_2