Erections in public

Dicko: Hi
When i find myself in situations that i need to take my clothes off like in a public shower at the local gym i get a slightly annonying problem.

I get an erection and it doesent go away until my penis is in my pants.

what should i do?

is anyone else in the situation?

cheers

Pappy

Media
Your reaction to being nude is a natural occurrence and should not cause you to be embarrased or ashamed about. It doesn't mean anything about your sexual preference either.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Dicko@Feb 27 2005, 12:19 AM
Hi
When i find myself in situations that i need to take my clothes off like in a public shower at the local gym i get a slightly annonying problem.

what should i do?

cheers
[post=286779]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm more in the same boat as you man. I think it's originally how I found this board. Anyway, the best way to handle it is to stop considering it a problem. It also helps to know that you're not the only one out there. It's helped me relax about everything in general a bit. One other thing is that I've been freeballing lately, so in some ways its like you're already naked in public anyway (depending on what you're wearing). Break down one barrier at a time and you might be more accustomed to it mentally.

In some ways, your erections can be mentally based and physically based. If you believe its all physical, then you're stuck with what you've got, so you'll have to accept it.

If you've got a big cock, then be proud of it. Simple as that.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Don't worry; just about every guy learned in junior high or high school why men should never wear track pants. What I mean is, boners happen all the time. They're not always about sex. The penis has a mind of its own.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've rarely been in a locker room where every dick in there was soft.
Guys have some semis and even some full out boners.
It is normal.

And i've never judged....I've never said, "somethin in here must be turning him on".
Hell, the air can blow on mine the right way and SHWING.

Most men understand this.

FieldRatt9

Expert Member
Media
I find that in a nude setting (beach/party/home/gym) that if I get erect I know it's working. And if someone asks me why I'm hard I usually say because I can. ;)

indianaman_04

Experimental Member
Media
I've had erections in public before and find that generally people will glance at it than look away real quick as if they're offended or something. Not too often have I had people actually stare. I do enjoy the looks though.

gwinea2000: It's cool that y'all are as comfortable with boners as you are, but I can't imagine being that 'Oh well' about it. I've been in many locker rooms over the years and have never seen a guy with a hard-on. If I popped one, I think I'd hold off on changing for a bit until it subsided.

That being said, I wouldn't pass judgment on someone who had one unless he was being inappropriate in some way. Otherwise, though I may be a bit shocked, I'd just ignore 'it'.

My guess is that, as you're in the situation more often, the anticipation/buildup/newness of it all will fade, as will your erection.

barron

Sexy Member
Media
I have the same problem. No matter what the situation is I also will get hard if I have to get undressed in front of someone. I have always wondered if anyone else did too. My problem is that I worry about getting hard, which always ends up getting me hard. In another post I mentioned how I had to just say something to a friend of mine who kept inviting me over to get in the hot tub. I turned away and covered up as long as I could while getting undressed, but got annoyed at acting so modestly and said "hey, I have this problem, it's nothing sexual and will likely go away after a time or two." It finally did.

I am amazed at guys who can not only get undresesed, but who can then walk around completely naked and soft. No way could I ever do it. I can handle the gym locker room because it is old hat, but the first few times I got changed after joining the gym were a real trial. I like surferboy's attitude, but I don't think most guys are as easy going about another guy walking around in front of them with a boner. Yeah they happen, but are you really comfortable standing around at full mast for, what most guys would see as, no apparent reason. I would guess that erections are perceived mostly as a sign of sexual arousal. For some of us though, they just happen and for completely non-sexual reasons.

Altairion, just curious if you "warn" people what is happening and why when you find yourself in a situation or do you just let it go? I've debated what the best thing to do is and I know I would be surprised if a guy dropped trou in front of me for some non-sexual reason and was hard.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by txquis@Feb 27 2005, 09:52 PM
I've rarely been in a locker room where every dick in there was soft.
Guys have some semis and even some full out boners.
It is normal.

[post=286920]Quoted post[/post]​

Hummm, could it be that your presence is giving dudes semis and full out boners? I don't think this would be an unreasonable reaction to you, txquis!

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by barron@Mar 5 2005, 07:54 PM
Altairion, just curious if you "warn" people what is happening and why when you find yourself in a situation or do you just let it go? I've debated what the best thing to do is and I know I would be surprised if a guy dropped trou in front of me for some non-sexual reason and was hard.
[post=288625]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm never really in the situation anymore where I would have to deal with it, but I think now that if I would be around the same people all the time that I would probably say something. It wouldn't be like a sit down talk, but if I saw them notice it'd prob just be a comment from me on it.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Spontaneous erections are nothing to sweat about. In fact, you ought to be glad they happen in a way. All it is just showing that you have good blood flow and strong erectile tissue. As for the modesty portion, well, unless the men who tend to see it make a big deal out of it, don't worry. It's only if some apprehensive paranoid loudmouth take it the wrong way, and believe you me, there are guys who will.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
The thing that's happened now is I'm fine with me getting an erection whenever I want, and my girlfriend isnt expecting it then moving her hand over it and stuff. But yesterday in the pictures she undid my pants faster than even I can and started strokin me which was all well and good. I was hard the first few times but then I think I was intimidated and was about half hard which is 6" or so. I'm sure I'll learn to like my gf's hands on approach though hehe.

Still, I'm fine with erections in public theyre pretty fun. Even if someone finds out youve got an erection what can they do and there's always that I know something you don't know factor ;)

I say enjoy it while you can hehe.

Reactions: hardboy_fll

BigDrew:
Originally posted by Dicko@Feb 27 2005, 02:19 AM
Hi

what should i do?

cheers
[post=286779]Quoted post[/post]​

It's amazing how our Puritan tradition teaches us to be ashamed of our bodies. Learn to be comfortable in your skin -- literally.

Reactions: hardboy_fll

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by txquis@Mar 6 2005, 04:32 PM
And the younger generation (under 30) is even more modest than we were.
[post=288791]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd agree with that one. Personally, I don't like it now that I've thought about it, and I'm trying to help break down some of my mental barriers concerning it. However I doubt things will change anytime soon.

B_HungSpermBoy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by Altairion+Mar 6 2005, 10:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Mar 6 2005, 10:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-txquis@Mar 6 2005, 04:32 PM
And the younger generation (under 30) is even more modest than we were.
[post=288791]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;d agree with that one. Personally, I don&#39;t like it now that I&#39;ve thought about it, and I&#39;m trying to help break down some of my mental barriers concerning it. However I doubt things will change anytime soon.
[post=288835]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve said before that I live in a college dorm with all guys & some guys just run around naked with a towel around their neck,like going to the showers or something. But some guys wear just their briefs. So most guys I know do get boners but it doesn&#39;t seem to be a problem. Sometimes we kid them about it Because I&#39;m big, the word is starting to get around so guys will joke with me & stuff. But it&#39;s all just fun.

spike

Cherished Member
Media
if you really need it to go away then just think of Ms. chokesondick from South Park. That will make any boner dissapear.