Eric Cantor on 60 Minutes

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
60 Minutes ran an outstanding segment about Eric Cantor, who the Obama team is labeling as the key leader of the Republican opposition to anything they attempt to accomplish.
60 Minutes had been asked to show his "human side". I thought he was like most bullies. He whined that he was being villified when he was simply carrying out the wishes of the electorate and doing what is best for the country.
Obviously, the Obama team is winning the war of public opinion. I love it.

zephyr808

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I was on a political blog earlier this week and they linked to one segment of the interview, where Lesley was asking him about compromise and Ronald Reagan's name came up. Whatever it was that Cantor actually said wasn't nearly as telling as the fact that he immediately compared compromising with Ds on anything with compromising his principles, and had this whole "well I would never DREAM of compromising my PRIN-ciples" attitude and look about him. :rolleyes: Then Cantor's press secretary interrupted the interview when Lesley (correctly) pointed out that Reagan did indeed raise taxes on more than one occasion, and even during a recession, to try and give the economy a jump start, which was where it got kind of weird. I mean, from my perspective, Cantor and a bunch of the other Rs have an irrational fear of anything Obama or the Ds even mention out loud, let alone support, and so they can wrap themselves in their perceived superior "principles" all they want. But when it becomes revisionist history, that's where it starts getting a little spooky. I mean, 60 Minutes had the damn tape of Reagan addressing the nation about that very subject, but apparently to work for Cantor in any capacity, blind loyalty to the party line and made-up or cherry-picked facts trumps actual knowledge. Just like it did with Bush. So anyone who dares to try to bring unapproved facts into an interview, well no, sorry, we're gonna have to stop you right there, little lady. I'm sometimes amazed that they keep getting away with that.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hmmm. This would be the same Rep. Eric Cantor whose wife, Diane Fine Cantor, is pro-choice and for marriage equality for gays and straights? He really is a slimy partisan tool. But hey, it's just "a job".

Maybe SHE ought to run for his seat!!

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Him being Jewish and Republican is supposed to somehow make him above reproach. Why is it that Republicans get credit for being the champions and defenders of "God's Chosen People" (last time I checked Israelis were Jews) in Israel but aren't the party of the Jews in the US? I have been told that most Israelis want the US to stay the hell out of their affairs. They are capable and willing to defend themselves.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Eric cantor is the one the nastiest men in congress. The dems are working hard in va to find a candidate to run and defeat him. Cantor has the heart of a bookie and the personality of a life insurance salesman. How lovely for his constituents.

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Eric cantor is the one the nastiest men in congress. The dems are working hard in va to find a candidate to run and defeat him. Cantor has the heart of a bookie and the personality of a life insurance salesman. How lovely for his constituents.
Is it just me and do any of you out there think that Cantor might be "a little lite in the loffers" He sounds girly to me. OK somebody, expose this scumbag!....LMAO I think he may be Boner's bitch.