Ermm. Small Problem With Condoms....

ignatius4446z

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please see attachment.

That is a Durex Featherlite you see there, and it's not doing it's job especially well, is it? It won't roll down any further than that. I've always had this problem but I'm just embarking on a new relationship after a long term one where we didn't use condoms. I thought I'd try some different brands for fit, and this was the result. The other condom brand I tried was a "Prima", and, TBH, that was even worse.

I've had a look around on the web, and I couldn't find any references to size, other than L and XL, in, IIRC, Trojan(?). I don't want to buy XL and then find they were too big.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't want to buy XL and then find they were too big.
Is the cost of a pack of condoms going to break you?

If it is then you need to stop having sex because the cost of the child you might sire or treatment for the illness you might contract from an ill fitting condom breaking will really bum you out.

Also that condom in the pic will go further down if you learn how to apply it properly. Condoms stretch enough to cover your arm so covering your cock isn't an impossibility. It's just not going to be comfortable.

Shell out for different sizes until you find the ones that work for you, in the long run it'll be cheaper than the alternative. Instead of throwing away the ones that don't fit leave the packages (in box) near a high school hang out. Who knows, you might help prevent a teen pregnancy.

kiwicross

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Holy shit, I just signed up to this site with the same problem. I used XL's but can't get them anywhere, I'm going to try featherlite tonight, fuck I hope I don't have the same problems

ignatius4446z

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Is the cost of a pack of condoms going to break you?

If it is then you need to stop having sex because the cost of the child you might sire or treatment for the illness you might contract from an ill fitting condom breaking will really bum you out.

Also that condom in the pic will go further down if you learn how to apply it properly. Condoms stretch enough to cover your arm so covering your cock isn't an impossibility. It's just not going to be comfortable.

Shell out for different sizes until you find the ones that work for you, in the long run it'll be cheaper than the alternative. Instead of throwing away the ones that don't fit leave the packages (in box) near a high school hang out. Who knows, you might help prevent a teen pregnancy.

Thanks for the homily.

You have jumped to conclusions slightly. We haven't slept together yet. She is abroad at the moment, and will be back in a month. In the meantime, I want to get this issue sorted out (hence why I am here on this site). However, I don't want to waste time and money buying condoms that are the wrong size, any more than I would experiment by buying several shirts or several tyres for my car on the off chance one of them might fit.

Regrettably, it seems the condom manufacturers, in their infinite wisdom, choose subjective descriptors for their products such as L or XL. Well, what the hell does that mean? It would be helpful if they could just state instead or in addition, if your erect penis measures a" X b", then you need this brand, if it measures c" X d", then you need that brand. Etc...

And, to answer your other point.

1. It may come as a surprise to you, but this is not the first tiime I have (tried to) put a condom on. I just haven't used them for a while because I was in a LTR. Now, I am in another relationship (which I have very high hopes of becoming a LTR, because she is absolutely wonderful), but my gf doesn't want to take any hormonal contraceptive (which, TBH, I think is fair enough), nor can she use the IUD, for some reason or other which was explained to her by a gyno. So, condoms it is then, worst luck.

2. It will not roll down any further. I tried. And tried. The skin just bunches up ahead of the ring. The only way to get one on is to hook my fingers under the edges of the condom, and pull it out and over and down, rather like how you put a swimming cap on. However, that still doesn't work very well either, because firstly it is still too short (about 3/4 of the way down), which carries with it the risk of it being pulled off during intercourse. Secondly, it is uncomfortably tight, and yet also, somehow sometimes seems to manage to work its way up the shaft (possibly because I am a bit narrower at the top, and also because the ring is gripping mid-shaft rather than at the base)

3. When I previously used condoms (just your bog standard Durex, Mates etc), I suffered repeated breakages. IIRC, 7 in one night on one occasion. The broken condom invariably stays on and ends up like a tight cock ring, 3/4 of the way down Ignatius Jr. Not good news.

Speedo - thanks for the heads up about the sticky. I'll have a look later.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
However, I don't want to waste time and money buying condoms that are the wrong size, any more than I would experiment by buying several shirts or several tyres for my car on the off chance one of them might fit.
Tires and rims come with set measurements so you can find the right match. Shirts should be tried on because different styles can fit differently.

Unfortunately condoms also have to be tried on to find what fits properly. Due to the hygenic nature of them they aren't something you can try before buying and leave in the change room for the next guy to slip on. You don't really have a choice.

You're asking us to help you find the right size. How can you hope to get helpful answers when you don't even give your own size? If you're, say, 8" long a guy with a 6" length telling you that X brand is perfect doesn't help you any. Same problem for differences in girth. If you give your dimensions then at least guys with similar dimensions can respond with what worked for them to help narrow down your search. In the end though, you are the only one with your cock which brings us back to the best method being personal trial.

There was a company called TheyFit that did custom orders but I don't know if they're still producing. Also if you're thicker at the base than midshaft you're likely to have to deal with it rolling forward no matter what brand or size you use.

Excuse me if I took your earlier statement to mean that you couldn't get the condom down further in any way. Having to hook a finger inside of the condom is fairly common. If you have a foreskin condom travel probably isn't avoidable.

Last edited:

ignatius4446z

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Tires and rims come with set measurements so you can find the right match. Shirts should be tried on because different styles can fit differently.

Unfortunately condoms also have to be tried on to find what fits properly. Due to the hygenic nature of them they aren't something you can try before buying and leave in the change room for the next guy to slip on. You don't really have a choice.

You're asking us to help you find the right size. How can you hope to get helpful answers when you don't even give your own size? If you're, say, 8" long a guy with a 6" length telling you that X brand is perfect doesn't help you any. Same problem for differences in girth. If you give your dimensions then at least guys with similar dimensions can respond with what worked for them to help narrow down your search. In the end though, you are the only one with your cock which brings us back to the best method being personal trial.

There was a company called TheyFit that did custom orders but I don't know if they're still producing. Also if you're thicker at the base than midshaft you're likely to have to deal with it rolling forward no matter what brand or size you use.

Excuse me if I took your earlier statement to mean that you couldn't get the condom down further in any way. Having to hook a finger inside of the condom is fairly common. If you have a foreskin condom travel probably isn't avoidable.

Fair points. And thanks for the advice.

You're right, I should have posted up my measurements. All I can say in my defence is that maintaining a long distance relationship over a 5 hour time difference led to me having very little sleep tonight, and so it didn't occur to me.

To answer your question, I'm 8" X 5.6 ish (length is pretty consistent, but girth is sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on any number of factors - mood, amount of sleep, level of arousal etc)

bigirishman

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Man condoms stretch. I seen someone with one over their head. You are obviously not putting it on right. My cock is bigger thatn yours and i use notmal condoms. Ya bit thight and dont go all the way to balls but i deal with it. Are you sure your not putting it in inside out, because that condom can go on that cock!!

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Point - If you are breaking condoms - they are too small
Point - If you can't roll them down to fit - they are too small

Conclusion - You need a larger condom

Fact - You don't have many choices

Resource - Condomania
Condoms, Lubes, Sex Toys, & More Condoms at Condomania Online

When you click on a particular brand - they have info and sometimes diagrams at the bottom of the page with measurement info.

There are other sites on the internet that specialize in condom sales besides Condomania you could check them out but again the choices are few.

Another choice is TheyFit custom condoms but for some reason they are again becoming unavailable and you have to order 2 gross through condomania.

From your measurements you should be fine with one of the name brand "large" condoms such as Magnum.

ps - Read the condom sticky - that is what it is here for.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Buy Condoms - Online Condom Store

You will have to buy different brands of condom and see what fits the best. Even you giving us measurements is pointless. Assuming they are correct, not every penis is a straight line in length or perfectly cylindrical in girth.

Try Magnum and Magnum XL.

Alternatively you can go to a 'Sexual Health Clinic' and ask for large condoms. Most places give them away free...I think.

The ones we have in the UK are called Pasante Large, not sure how popular they are in the US. They aren't as comfy as Magnums but they are free and that's good enough for me :p

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you're going to have to buy a few brands/types and see which ones work best for you.

Personally, I find Featherlite one of the least comfortable of the Durex range. If you want Durex, try Durex Comfort XL or Durex Elite.

MySize 64mm are bigger, and longer, but I don't find them especially comfortable, but they're worth a try.

If you look on-line, you can get sampler packs too. Here in the UK, sexual health clinics will (sometimes) give out free condoms if you ask.

Good luck with the condoms and with the new relationship!

KTF40

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To answer your question, I'm 8" X 5.6 ish (length is pretty consistent, but girth is sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on any number of factors - mood, amount of sleep, level of arousal etc)

You should use magnums if that's your girth.

In general
5.5-6inch girth- magnum
6inch+ girth- xl magnum

RalDudeHangin

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The skin just bunches up ahead of the ring.

Curious . . . Are you holding your cock and pulling the skin tight? I'm circumcised but have some extra skin that allows me to jo w/o lube even when fully hard. If I don't "tighten" it up before I roll on a condom, I know what u mean about the skin bunching up. The condom doesn't have to stay smooth and unwrinkled when it's on. If it "wrinkles" and bunches up a bit while it's on, as long as it's down the shaft and snug, you're good to go.

A standard condom can cover your hand. Sounds like it's not being rolled on correctly.

ignatius4446z

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

TBH, I think it is not helping that I am uncut and have a fairly large foreskin. This factor, in combination with my reasonably large size and its slight taper, is what is causing all the problems.

I think I'll give the Magnum L a go and see how I get on.

Cheers.