Ethnicity and Reaction to a Bulge

RainDance: I moved from rural Tennessee, where while I was growing up there was one black person in the county (population ~20,000, she was a doctor working off a residency in an 'impoverished area' and moved about three months after someone placed a 3 foot tall burning cross in her yard), to Norfolk, Virginia, which I would say is ethnically mixed though not integrated.  I consider myself a tolerant individual but, whether because of my own character fault or my background, I cannot say I 'see no color'.  I do unconsciously stereotype (and perhaps, with this post, consciously), as I see a lot of differences between the way a white girl in Lynnhaven acts and a black girl in Larrymore Lawns...  Guys and girls, people carry themselves differently, speak differently, react and interact differently.  The lines are probably more based on economic class than race, but sadly the race lines and poverty lines still fall in much the same places.

That being said, I will begin to stereotype...  I've worn my grey sweats (in which I REALLY show) to a nice mall in a white neighborhood, and I DO get glances and raised eyebrows, but that's about it...  I've worn the same outfit to Wal-Mart late at night where I was one of only 3 white people in a store full of 30, and had people comment out loud and then follow me to the grocery store next door.  About two weekends ago I went to the mall in sweats, and some guy nudged his girlfriend as I walked by on the way out (passing them the second time) and heard her say very loudly "Damn, I missed it".

To be honest, I enjoy the honesty and the obviousness of their reactions...  On Halloween, I was out in a kilt, ended up dancing with a group of three black girls; the obvious questions concerning the kilt arose, and one was so brazen as to lift my kilt, just a little...  When I passed her and her friends in the parking garage afterwards, they were very vocal and very insistant on seeing everything...

The French (in Paris, anyway) are also very OBVIOUS crotch watchers (unfortunately, I don't speak French...)

My question, I suppose, if whether others have noticed a sharp difference in reactions between black and white, in other countries, between east and west coast, north and south, et cetera...

blak9: I haven't noticed a difference in reactions of different races. I have caught black men looking at my crotch just the same as I have caught white men, black women, white women, etc. Maybe you noticed because you were looking for a response. Or it could be that maybe they have never seen a well endowed white man and thought that you were stuffing.

Curtis: I've noticed the same differences in the way women react.

If I encounter a group of women while wearing attire that leaves little to the imagination, the first woman to notice will immediately inform their friends so that they all can check me out.

White women generally try to be discreet, and act embarrassed if they see that I know what's going on. Black women seem to have no such inhibition. They don't try to hide their reactions, and if I look their way, they just give me a big smile.

Among the comments directed at me by black women: "Pardon me, sir, is that real?" and "You need to get some underwear!" I have also heard, "I've never seen one that big on a white guy before." I live in a community that is maybe 80% white, the remainder being a mix of other races. No white woman has ever made such comments.

I tend to agree with Raindance in that I find such openness and candor refreshing. I hate the taboo status of the penis in the U.S.

Curtis

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, I'd have to say, in my experience, it can vary. The biggest size queen I ever met was Mandan and Mongolian, but most ppl, no matter what race, pretend not to look.

ORCABOMBER: Can't say that I've ever noticed anything like that.. probably because I tend to look a bit "scary!" ;)

hawl: I live in a very multi-culti urban area, and I think this original poster is accurately reporting behavior which is interesting to me but perhaps just obvious to others. Youngish homegirl types, at least if not alone, are pretty extroverted about a lot of things, and don't seem to have as many topics off-limits to loud discussion. As a white guy who dresses discreetly and still hears generally approving comments like "Diesel" and "He's gonna catch you starin' at it", I would say wearing shower pants while also being a conspicuous minority in a store is an invitation to an In Living Color sketch. These women are notorious for talking to the movie screens ( "Oh no you didn't just go right back in the house where the creature was!") and some may have the misapprehension that white men can't pack (though they'd have to ask, was John Holmes a myth/conspiracy?). If you saunter by both shaking their world view and inviting comment, you're gonna get some quotable quotes. Hmmmm, maybe I'll do some stereotype-busting today by wearing boxers instead of briefs.

CeeTee: Stop stereotyping people by their color. People are people regardless of what is said or not said. Why do so many people on this forum ask color related dick questions?

bradleeM: Maybe it is because this is a discussion page and people are allowed to ask what they want and people are allowed to read what they want and respond to what they want.

Why are you so sensitive? discussion pages are for people to ask questions or make statements or whatever they wish...............it is that simple. One either learns something new or confirms something they have known all along.

JustAnNdnChick: ALL people when they see someone looks at them and goes oh that persons, black , asian, indian or white ectecct. Its called being human and if you say ya don't do that i'd call you a liar.. its just the same as looking at someone and seeing that they got red or brown hair..we all do it weither we realise it or not..

Turbo: I actually never really got the the chance to be around that many different races to say.

When I was in the US, primarily I hung out in predominantly white neighbourhoods, and majority of the women I were with were white with the exception of one who was native. I actually can relate to some of the experiences posted here.

Where I am now, it is predominantly chinese, now here there is definately a difference.. a lot dont really look at you in anyway especially if they know you can see them checking u out. However when they're with a group you could see em whispering to their members about it... while often looking straight at you.

Sexually though, I've seen quite a few reactions to a large penis, but I would say it is more to the woman rather than race.

TragicWhiteKnight: I think the question is slightly less offensive if it focuses around background. Thanks to the English class-system, you can look at such a topic by ignoring race.

In this instance, the more 'working class' girls are far more open about such things; back in early secondary school (aged 14 or so), one rowdy group used to ask guys how big other guys dicks were, find the big guys and come onto them [and yes, it happened to me, although I had no idea it was because of my cock; I thought it was just some weird intimidating joke that they did to all the guys. It would explain why I got hit on by the hottest one. And why she rubbed her leg against my crotch. This is one of the few moments I look back upon and regret being an innocent child, albeit one starting to go through puberty.]