Etiquette and Rome...

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, I have a quesiton that comes fomr a few different angles...

There is one guy ive talked with online who is even more well hung than me. The way he represents his experiences is that, for him, having a big dick was always an "in" made him popular and he was, therefore, proud to show it off. Anyway, during our discussions he woudl ask aobut my roommate...does the roommate kown im gay...does the roommate know im hung...do I walk around the dorm naked...do I walk aorund the room naked... Well I alwasy though that it was just interest that a guy might show becuase he was into a college type scene, where its easy to show off if you really wanted. Many times he egged me on to jack off with my roommate there and to "break down the barriers" and have a more open relationship with my roommate. In his opinion, my 8x6 dick would make it all worthwhile and everyone would be cool. Now I dont have any super religious or easily offended friends,but somethign struck me as very wrong about what he was proposing.

My take was that I liked my roommate and so I woudl not risk doign anythign that might make out living situation uncomfortable for the rest of the year. It just isnt worth it. Also, clothes are kind of like a sigh of respect...kind of like saying you dont have to see my body if you dont want to. I know that some of you simply cant hide your endowments. Well thats fine, if you cant hide it, you cant hide it, but that doesnt mean you go around naked all the time. Now all desires aside, if there is a nudist who wishes to go aroudn the world with no clothes on more power to him. If he is really well built or relaly well hung there will probably be more interest than disgust. However, I am not well built and am only larger than average. I woudl more likely be ostracized for exposing myself than lauded for having an endowed member. So as I see it, clothes are proper etiquette for me.

As for the Rome part, they say when in Rome...yeah I know you knwo it. So if I lived in a dorm where the guy frequently walked naked to the shower, I could, too. But at my university most guys either wear robes or towels. Therefore for me to go naked would not be the norm. So I could see an argument that if my roommate form the first paragraph paraded around the room naked, then it might be more ok to jack off naked with him around. However, as this was also not the case, again I remained clothed.

Now, I know a lot of you say you shoudl be prowd of your endowment, and im not saying you shouldnt, but there is a time and a place for everything. There are things which should be kept private and things which may be made public. Honestly, I think that sexual organs, unless you are a nudist, are more private. An erection would be even more so. If you have no choice but to show it becuase you are so large then I would think that your first inclination should be toward control rather than ripping yoru pants off and given the world a first person view. This goes back to my when in Rome point. The societal norm is that such body parts and reactions are more often than not concealed form public view. To be fair, erections and large endowments are not always intended. As such if someone were to see you with an erection, I think it is their duty not to call attention to it and either silently appreciate the view or turn head and ignore.

Anecdote (feel free to skip):
I'm reminded of December First frame of teh 2005 Non Sequitur©® calendar...
It is titled "The Media Maven" and there is a woman standing at a storefront with " The CENTER for FINDING OFFENSE in JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING" on the window. She is saying, "One day,...one sweet day, we'll reach our goal and be able to remove 'JUST ABOUT'..."
Moral: Don't be that woman!

So now I ask you, the members of the LPSG, what you think. Am I being too prudish? Or am I being intelligent and perceptive of an issue that we all face?

flnkdguy

Experimental Member
Media
That doesn't sound prudish to me. It sounds like this guy just wants to get off vicariously through your experiences. (exhibitionism through proxy?)

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually you missed the point entirely...I know what he was doing, thats a given. My question is about the etiquette of situations in general...

Also, I really wanted a serious discussion. I dont know whether I have come up with a completely uninteresting topic to everyone or youre all being too lazy to deal with a serious issue...

Pices2325

Experimental Member
Media
I think that you are right...don't push something that you or he might be uncomfortable with. Do whatever feels right to you. If it feels wrong to parade (or walk) around naked, then don't do it...if it feels fine, do it, but in certain privacies. As for the issue with your roommate...if you want to jack off with him, I suggest dropping little things like talking about it and see if he is sensitive about it, or completely open to it. That can tell alot. But that is only if you WANT to, which I see no problem in if you wanted to. If it is uncomfortable to talk to him about or he is sensitive about it, then I don't think it is appropriate. That is my 2 cents, so I hope that helps you.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Actually this was two years ago...the truth of the matter is i want to talka bout the generality of it. I get the impression that some of you here on the LPSG woudl be all for parading aroudn naked all day, showing off at every chance you get. Others would simply parade aroudn all day trying to go about their normal business. Others yet are probably like me. I'm tryign to get a feel for what the board thinks. I definitely think some people have made som overly liberal statements in the past just to prove a point. I'm not against being liberal. I'm pretty liberal myself in my views, but I am also efficiency oriented and thats why I feel like the reactions that I propose are in teh best interest of society as a whole...