Euphemisms for being Homosexual

B_stu.kay823

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm reminded of the joke where the Greek and the Roman are arguing over who has made the biggest contribution to western society. So they banter for a good five minutes, and the Greek, thinking he's about to play his top trump, flabbergasted, says 'Well we invented sex' and the Roman immediately counters 'Yes, but we invented it with women'

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well most English traditional chutneys are kinda a mass of sweet and sour brown stuff mostly because they use a lot of brown sugar, malt vinegar, dark spices and tomatoes. :tongue:

I do like grilled tomatoes for breakfast and clotted cream but I think I might pass on the British version of chutney. :redface: Sounds like something you put in a vat to distill spirits.

I'll stick with chocolate starfish licking.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In Hawaii the older generation (older than I am) say... "Is she a single gal?" or "Is he a confirmed bachelor?"
When I was going to Columbia we had... "I think she attends Barnard!" or " I think he lives "Downtown"
When I was teaching we had... "She plays on the softball team!" or "Is he a pitcher or a catcher?"

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I do like grilled tomatoes for breakfast and clotted cream but I think I might pass on the British version of chutney. :redface: Sounds like something you put in a vat to distill spirits.

I'll stick with chocolate starfish licking.

Chocolate starfish licking??? :pat: I just got it! duh!

Oh and how about fairy?

(I think I'm still stunned by the "Canadian" thing. I told people at work. They think I'm lying. I'm not sure I'm not. Damn you earlogjam! Damn you to hell for destroying my innocense!)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Chocolate starfish licking??? :pat: I just got it! duh!

Oh and how about fairy?

(I think I'm still stunned by the "Canadian" thing. I told people at work. They think I'm lying. I'm not sure I'm not. Damn you earlogjam! Damn you to hell for destroying my innocense!)

I prefer Tinkerbell over fairy. Fairy is so generic and grade school-ish.

Isn't that a clever inconspicuous code word? Canadian.

Honey, you sold your soul to the devil the moment you logged on as a member here.:sgrin:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
When my devout mormon mother was alive she would explain why she had a 30,40, or 50 year-old unmarried son (me) as "He's special." I would then correct her by explaining to her inquiring friend that, "No, I'm not 'special', I'm homosexual."

Back in 1980 the New York Times just couldn't bring itself to say "gay" or "homosexual" and it had nothing to do with defamation of character fears.. So, one week end in the Living Section they described my then Squeeze Toy as a "a clever. design conscious summer resident of Fire Island." A true fact.

However, even more tragic was the number of friends who could not tell the difference between the words clever and cleaver.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
When my devout mormon mother was alive she would explain why she had a 30,40, or 50 year-old unmarried son (me) as "He's special." I would then correct her by explaining to her inquiring friend that, "No, I'm not 'special', I'm homosexual."

Back in 1980 the New York Times just couldn't bring itself to say "gay" or "homosexual" and it had nothing to do with defamation of character fears.. So, one week end in the Living Section they described my then Squeeze Toy as a "a clever. design conscious summer resident of Fire Island." A true fact.

However, even more tragic was the number of friends who could not tell the difference between the words clever and cleaver.

I. DIED! :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: