Euphemisms for "the period"

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Imported, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

inquiringmind: Hi,
    I guess if the guys can name their "immortal beloveds", I can ask what euphmisms you all use to sound the alarm.I live in MD and since Uof MD's team colors are crimson and cream and Alabama has the same ,I just tell my girl and boy friends that " Alabama is playing Maryland" They know what is up! (We all know that Alabama is nicknamed the "Crimson Tide")

Inquiring Mind

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Wow! Unbelievable. Check out the following site:

Words and expressions for menstruation around the world http://www.mum.org/words.html

Pecker

(I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it.)

3. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: We're not that clever...we just say it's "THAT" time and Max starts nodding and smiling a whole lot...

4. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=women;num=1064863350;start=0#2 date=09/29/03 at 15:48:12]We're not that clever...we just say it's "THAT" time and Max starts nodding and smiling a whole lot...[/quote]

Yeah, but Max is so tuned to what's going on with you that he sometimes knows before you do. 8)

I went to college "up north", and I met my room mate when we moved into the dorm. One Saturday morning a week or so later, I woke up to her walking around the room all pissed off. I asked her what was wrong, and she said, "I fell off the roof."

Well, some of the windows of the second floor DID open onto a roof where some girls sunbathed, but we were on the fourth floor. And she didn't have a mark on her.

My dumb look and brain dead silence finally led her to tell me, "I STARTED MY PERIOD, DUMMO!"

A lot of girls I grew up with used the "Aunt Flo" euphemism. I just start my period.
    :D

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

My ex used to say she couldn't Shake the Rag when she'd have her period.

There is an area of her hometown called (locally) Shake Rag which, supposedly back in the 1930's, was a district of ill repute. As you'd drive by, the women would shake a white rag or hankie out their window to let prospective johns know they weren't on the rag.

Pecker

(Health nuts are going to feel stupid one day, lying in the hospital, dying of nothing.)

6. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Yeah... i have frequently used an "aunt" variation theme... usually Aunt Margaret!

7. Imported

Gold Member

inquiringmind: Hi,

I couldn't use the Aunt Flo or Aunt Margaret expressions because each of my dear aunts at one point or another has actually lived with me! The rag comment, has a particularly vile connection with an ex beau.

Inquiring Mind

8. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: *sniff*
    im broken.
    :(

9. Imported

Gold Member

rainfletcher: How so, Tender? :(

10. Imported

Gold Member

bblumbee: I have used the 'rag' commentary and mostly "that" time. however, i have also used a native saying... my moon cycle.

11. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Words that make most men just smile and nod: :)

"My friend's in town"
    "I'm riding the 'cotton pony'"

Those are the only two I've heard that haven't already been said - although that roof one was new to me.

7x6&C

12. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: [quote author=rainfletcher link=board=women;num=1064863350;start=0#8 date=09/30/03 at 08:15:11]How so, Tender?   :([/quote]

broken.
    you know?
    i tell sweetboy im broken today.
    that always sends him runnin.
    :-/

13. jonb

Gold Member

Where I grew up, it was just called her moon. In the old days, women would have to spend those four days away from any men for fear of draining their life away; female intercessors were required. Makes ya really think about when you hear "many moons" in the old Westerns, aye?

14. HungArnold

HungArnold New Member

my wife used to use the term "little visitor".

15. Imported

Gold Member

roedhunt: I have heard and used most of the above phrases, however, "that time" is most used by me. "Sorry, it's that time". I find it interesting that some men are completely appalled by the idea of sex during that time, while a great many find no qualms whatso ever. They consider it natural. Either that, or they are too frickin horny that they just don't care... hahaha :D

Draft saved Draft deleted