Europe

WAHOOWAH: anything a young heterosexual male should do in the following places:

Prague
Warsaw
Paris
Rome

I'll be all around Europe this summer but those are the big cities I'll be hitting (I trust myself to find fun in Amsterdam ;D)

Javierdude22: [quote author=WAHOOWAH link=board=99;num=1080449723;start=0#0 date=03/27/04 at 20:46:23]anything a young heterosexual male should do in the following places:

Prague
Warsaw
Paris
Rome

I'll be all around Europe this summer but those are the big cities I'll be hitting (I trust myself to find fun in Amsterdam  ;D)[/quote]

Not in Paris, Rome or Prague? I had more fun in Paris than I ever had in Amsterdam, way overrated.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You aren't getting a lot of help yet, so here comes my two cents...Not speaking from the hetero perspective, but we're just back from Amsterdam and London and if a young horny guy can't find EVERYTHING he wants and maybe a few things he never imagined...in Amsterdam especially...he isn't trying. ;D

Javierdude22: [quote author=KinkGuy link=board=99;num=1080449723;start=0#2 date=03/29/04 at 18:05:25]You aren't getting a lot of help yet, so here comes my two cents...Not speaking from the hetero perspective, but we're just back from Amsterdam and London and if a young horny guy can't find EVERYTHING he wants and maybe a few things he never imagined...in Amsterdam especially...he isn't trying. ;D[/quote]

The gay scene in Amsterdam cannot be compared to the straight scene. I have visited both, the former only twice because my stomache couldn't handle it.

In the gay scene, you would have to look like Quasimodo if you couldn't get 'some'. Even if you don't want to you'll be groped, touched, and have a dozen remarks thrown at you.

The straight sene works differently though. Mainly not very different from the scenes in big American cities. You really do have to try. And I'm sorry, although being a foreigner sometimes helps, being American usually doesn't. Sad but true...

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Javier knows whereof he speaks. You think San Francisco is the gay capital of the world? Think again! To experience the sexual Wonderland that is Amsterdam, being gay is a definite asset. A clue: Amsterdam has a city park laid out as a pink triangle! Nothing subtle about the gay scene in Amsterdam. The straight scene may be there as well, but it's a lot harder to locate.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I do admit my opinion of Amsterdam IS affected by my sexuality...in my ignorance, I just assumed that if gay life were that free and open, imagine the panacea straight life there must be.  Hum, didn't think this through did I...reverse discrimination? ;D  And you are correct, being an American, even one as gorgeous and hunky and hung as myself was not entirely an asset in Europe given our present "political climate". :D :-[

AND PS (Javierdude24) "your stomach couldn't handle it" did you find it that disgusting? "Quasimodo"...I do not look like Quasimodo and nothing happened (gropping) that I didn't invite...the Leather scene can be pretty rough, maybe you were in that district? Which is exactly where I wanted to be.

Javierdude22: Kinkguy, the leather district? Lol...well..maybe if I were on heroin. I have been to the Exit in Amsterdam twice. And yes, uninvitedly I got groped in the crotch, and touched when I was minding my own business. That is why my stomache couldn't handle it. Btw, I wasn't referring to you when I said Quasimodo, I meant in general.

DMW, what city park is that? I didn't know they had such a park.

Waawoowah to give you some tangible advice:

DMW is right that the straight scene is harder to locate, literally. It's because it´s not so much in the centre, more around it. The city centre basically has a lot of straight bars, and in certain streets, a lot of gay bars and clubs.

The best straight clubs in A'dam at the moment: Powerzone and the Escape (this one is in the centre). If you like the preppy college scene more hit the Odeon or Dansen by Jansen (especially thursday nights). Alternative scene can be found in Paradiso or the Melkweg (both also used for small concerts).

Bars to smoke pot (Im going out on a limb here and assume you want to know :)) are everywhere but concentrate around the Leidseplein (square). From there, hit any of the sidestreets to find a good bar.

For me personally, I hit the Terra a lot on the Rokin. Well, I used to at least. It's an Irish Pub, with English speaking staff, HUGE selection of English and Irish beers, and a living room kinda interior, with fire place and armchairs and all. Great people.

Hm...so much for the tourist information ;)

;)

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For meeting girls (and families) I think the French Riviera cannot be beat. Everyone goes to the beach to have fun...so there is the water, the sun, the SCENERY (did i mention topless?), the parties on the beach and in the clubs....so think about Nice.

jay

lacsap1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
[quote author=Javierdude24 link=board=99;num=1080449723;start=0#6 date=03/31/04 at 07:02:51]
DMW, what city park is that? I didn't know they had such a park.
[/quote]

Is called the "Homomonument".......

It serve to keep the memory alive of the 200,000 homosexuals who were murdered, in a time of the Nazi persecution and who have died in concentration camps.

It's next to the "Westerkerk" Three big triangles, and
are made of beautiful pinkish italian stones, it serves as a stage for demonstrations or parties ( a lot of people hang out there). One of the big triangle has it's point in the canal, and people always put flowers there.

Google has come a long way since then. Yet, this old song comes back to me..............Probably still as Queen of the sea and as Gay as ever.....