European advertising rules!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HazelGod, Jan 17, 2008.

1. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Seriously...the shit we're constantly subjected to over here is so banal and watered down for the lowest common denominator (which sadly, keeps sinking).

As point of contrast, take a look at this advert for Scruffs work apparel. You would never see anything like this on American TV...but it makes me wanna quit the IT industry and go into construction!

Also as a side note, the gal in the first vignette was identified as a grammar school English teacher by her students and has been suspended pending an investigation.

2. zacktoria

zacktoria New Member

Albums:
    wow that is hot...with commericals like that I would never change the channel!!!

And i agree - there are soo many commericals that are in poor taste and just stupid...give me sex any day!!!

Anyone else ready to buy some Scruff's work apparel?? Are the men for sale too?!??! lol

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

Americans are much too sexually repressed to stomach that kind of advertising--unless it's for ED drugs.

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

When I have American friends staying they're always a little amazed at the fact that 'cunt' and 'fuck' are allowed on terrestial channels.

5. B_hugelymassivepenis

But hey, if you want to see sickening violence and gun glamour, then US TV can't be beaten.

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I often get the impression that European advertising attracts attention through sophisticated, thoughtful and mature techniques. In contrast, American advertising so often seeks to stimulate the buying urge through brute repetition, rapidfire graphic shifts and, yes, appeals to lowbrow mentality.

7. hotbtminla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Best. Ad. Ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted