European advertising rules!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Seriously...the shit we're constantly subjected to over here is so banal and watered down for the lowest common denominator (which sadly, keeps sinking).

As point of contrast, take a look at this advert for Scruffs work apparel. You would never see anything like this on American TV...but it makes me wanna quit the IT industry and go into construction!

Also as a side note, the gal in the first vignette was identified as a grammar school English teacher by her students and has been suspended pending an investigation.

zacktoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
wow that is hot...with commericals like that I would never change the channel!!!

And i agree - there are soo many commericals that are in poor taste and just stupid...give me sex any day!!!

Anyone else ready to buy some Scruff's work apparel?? Are the men for sale too?!??! lol

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I often get the impression that European advertising attracts attention through sophisticated, thoughtful and mature techniques. In contrast, American advertising so often seeks to stimulate the buying urge through brute repetition, rapidfire graphic shifts and, yes, appeals to lowbrow mentality.