"European circumcision"

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by MelbourneGirl, Jan 20, 2012.

1. MelbourneGirl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Does anybody know what this is? I have Googled without joy. I heard a guy describe his cock in this way and curious minds want to know....

Thanks!!

2. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Maybe they perform the circumcision procedure in a different way in Europe than US and other countries? If so, it would probably cause the circumcision to have a different appearance.

I'm sure someone on here knows...

3. NIMBUS

Gold Member

Albums:
    Basically, if you look at most North American styles of circumcision you will find that they perform what is often referred to as a 'high and tight' cut. That can be identified by the circumcision scar being an inch or more (sometimes two) up the shaft from the head of the penis. It gives very little skin movement and stimulation of the head has to be done with a well-lubricated hand.

The term "European circumcision" refers to the opposite style, "low and loose". In the UK and many other European countries the scar line is very close to the head of the penis, often around a quarter of an inch (or less) to half an inch from the corona, the rim of the 'helmet'. As a result, many guys can happily masturbate without the need for lubrication as the penis functions very much like an uncircumcised cock, often able to push some of the remaining skin over the rim of the head. In fact, when flaccid it can be very difficult to tell whether some guys have been circumcised or just have their foreskins retracted.

#3 NIMBUS, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
    stephenbread and kexin9f9 like this.
  4. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I knew someone would have the answer. I have seen many circumcision threads on this board, but never really read them because they can be pages long.

I definitely fit the American style, but I would love to be able to experience the feeling of the other style, or how it feels to be uncircumcised...

5. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Unfortunately the "low" European style removes more (or all) of the inner foreskin and frenulum which are the most sensitive parts of a guys cock. They leave more shaft skin which has drastically less sensation. They say it looks nicer.

I certainly wouldn't want to trade my North American cut for a Euro one!

6. jeff926

Gold Member

Actually, worse than nothing though, the European style seems more rational and relatively closer to the natural condition of a normal penis. Wondering why the American style was invented and has become a nationwide surgical procedure in the States.

7. jeff926

Gold Member

Oh! That would be the answer to my question.

8. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Interesting. I would have never guessed

9. cutdrew

cutdrew Member

Albums:
    So Kenny, you've got a perfect cut after all (and the pictures to prove it)

10. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

Because it looks hot :smile:

circedbychoice likes this.
  11. MelbourneGirl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thanks so much for this - very informative response!

12. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    My European circumcision was performed by a German surgeon about 30 years ago. His technique was to cut high, but he did not touch the frenulum at all. This permitted me to regrow the lost shaft skin ! Most people can not tell that I was ever cut at all. So, I would say that my European cut was less damaging than the usual American cut!

Attached Files:

13. art

art
    Gold Member

I have a friend who has what he calls a "Euro cut" and what others have called a "French cut." Apparently in this procedure, the foreskin is stretched over the penis head, and sliced back just enough to reveal the head. So most of the foreskin is left intact. His brother is UNcut, and has quite an overhang. When Mike is soft, he looks uncut...and when he's hard, his head is uncovered, and there's a lot os shaft skin to slide.

14. MrHangman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was slightly jealous of the european cut until I read the loss of good parts.

15. OscarM

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Isn't the medical purpose of circumcision to promote cleanliness and prevent STDs? Does that Euro cut still provide that?

16. basque9

Gold Member

Albums:
    I believe you are correct. My European circumcision was done because of recurrent/persistent urinary infections. Being cut in the European manner loosened up the foreskin and stopped my infection problem in its tracks for over 30 years. I have just recently regrown much of my lost shaft skin. When foreskin regrows, it does not cling tightly to the glans and permits much better cleanliness. My hope is that as I grow more and more new foreskin, that infections will not recur!

These 2 pics illustrate how loose new foreskin actually is: it can be pulled far out from the glans and is copious enough to contain a golfball!:cool:

Attached Files:

#16 basque9, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    Allan S. likes this.
  17. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Actually, the medical purpose of circumcision is to address a diagnosis of a condition that may be treated by this type of surgery. Circumcision for "cleanliness" and the perceived prevention of anything isn't a medical purpose at all.

The Euro cut, or German-style cut, unquestionably removes more mucosal tissue. If you're of the camp that believes mucosal tissue is the culprit in acquiring disease -- which has never been scientifically proven -- then logically this should provide at least as much "protection". But appearance drives the circumcision style as much as anything else.

#17 gymfresh, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    8Lx6A likes this.
  18. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was never cut and I never have had a problem with disease or smell. I know that keeping it clean is all that is required.

19. mascvers

mascvers New Member

I was cut in the States as an adult and was left with just enough skin that will cover the edge of my cockhead when it is being stroked. When soft the cockhead always shows completely.

20. kenny233

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I had always wondered about the methods and purposes of circumcision; in fact, that search is what led me to this site. I have never been unhappy with mine, but wanted to know more about it. This thread, along with many others on the topic, provides good information from medical sources and personal experience.

Draft saved Draft deleted