European Condom Size

filtersweep

Just Browsing
Media
Is it just me, or are EU condoms smaller than regular US condoms? I have no "large" options here- and the larger of the euro condoms are still painfully small and do not completely cover my cock. The larger RFSU condoms are maybe 185 X 52 mm. Standard EU condoms are only 170 X 56mm. Anyone have similar experiences abroad? Solutions?

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
Girth of European condoms has been a real headache for me.

I am 6.5 in girth and i insisted a lot in trying to use regular condoms, with the same result each time: i lost the erection.

Then I moved to big european condoms, and the result was the same because usually they are longer and wider only at the head, while at the base they are like the regular ones.

Now I use Magnum XL and they fit perfectly.

By the way I think there is an European Commission decision that requires the size of condoms to be standardized in all the E.U.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Depends where in the EU you are?

In Germany, the biggest standard off-the-shelf condoms at neighborhood pharmacies are "Durex King Size", which are 215mm x 64mm --- however, the 'ring' at the base is just 57mm, with the lower part of the shaft area narrower still, at 54mm! :rolleyes:

---> durex.com

This is still an improvement over 'standard condoms' in terms of length, but not really in terms of girth.

However... there are lots of other options online... but it would be useful to know which nation you are in to respond to this more fully.

Also be aware that Trojan Magnum condoms can no longer be sold (legally) in the EU, as they are 'not recognized as a condom' under EU guidelines. :rolleyes: So unless this situation is rectified, once currently available stocks are gone, that'll be it.. unless you import your own from the US. [source; German language only]

RoyalT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WTF? Not a condom?

And Condomi XXL in Germany aren't much bigger than regular. It seems a lot of the Large, XL etc are just that big in name only and only for effect.

Magnum XL are brilliant though :biggrin1: shame they're so expensive.

Buy them off the internet. I used some EU (esensuel) condoms one time and they would hardly go over my finger never mind anything bigger.

Bootyman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It depends on the country... It is a bit of a problem girth-wise sometimes, but length-wise they're just fine (at least for me at ca. 18cm)... in Croatia and Bosnia (where I live) these are the standard sizes...

durex.com

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
WTF? Not a condom?

And Condomi XXL in Germany aren't much bigger than regular. It seems a lot of the Large, XL etc are just that big in name only and only for effect.

Magnum XL are brilliant though :biggrin1: shame they're so expensive.

Buy them off the internet. I used some EU (esensuel) condoms one time and they would hardly go over my finger never mind anything bigger.
So true....

Damn the Condomi XXL: where on earth are they bigger? I almost squeezed my penis while triying to pack it in one of them.... :-(

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Damn the Condomi XXL: where on earth are they bigger? I almost squeezed my penis while triying to pack it in one of them.... :-(

Condomi has essentially stated in the past that it's just a "brand name with market appeal", rather than actually being a larger condom. :rolleyes:

maxoscar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm from the Isle of Man, UK.

In the past, when I was single (and a bit of a manwhore lol!) I kept two different condoms in my wallet on a nightout, one being a Durex XL and the other a Pasante King Size. The reason behind this was because the Durex is longer but thinner than the Pasante, so when the time came, I made my decision on which one to use. If she was tight or I didn't know them: Durex. For the second time around or I already knew what they were like: Pasante.

maxoscar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Condomi has essentially stated in the past that it's just a "brand name with market appeal", rather than actually being a larger condom. :rolleyes:

I used their XL condoms, snapped first time and only time I used one. The same happened with Mates's XLs, but whilst I was cumming, so even worse!

D_Tinker Ball

1st Like
Media
Is it just me, or are EU condoms smaller than regular US condoms? I have no "large" options here- and the larger of the euro condoms are still painfully small and do not completely cover my cock. The larger RFSU condoms are maybe 185 X 52 mm. Standard EU condoms are only 170 X 56mm. Anyone have similar experiences abroad? Solutions?
Sure, in EU every man is incredibly small. We all live in envy of rest-of-the-world amazing sizes.
:rolleyes:

Zwanzer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love the Durex - Comfort XL Condoms. The length does it for me. The "standard" is a little smaller, i feel like i need to stretch it to fit. The XL is a bit longer so i can roll it down and it fits perfectly. You don't find them in most stores. I started using them a few months ago. And i think i finally found my match. :)

wokfaux

Experimental Member
Media
Recently ran into a similar problem-- ordered condoms online from the US, surprised to find they were quite a bit tighter than the same brand/type (Trojan Magnum Thin) that I'd normally buy from the stores here in Canada. :( So much for saving a bit of money.

D_Monty_Gummery_Ward

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank God- I'm not one with that problem. Phew...

But sure- that's problem. I'm using Durex XL sometimes- my woman is on the pills, so I didn't have to care about condoms too much. But- she'll have three month break after june- so... I'm little bit screwed at this moment.
I've tested nearly all of the "larger than standard" rubbers available on Polish market and... Sure- there's bit of difference between normal and larger- but I think it's made only for the ego boosting effect- at the market, normal rubbers made by Durex are 205mm length and some about 54mm wide, and "XL" with 215mm length and 56mm wight...
At every use i feel like my penis is trapped in rubber-prision, and after all- I've got ugly mark, where it was ending...
I think that I'll make a little trip to the sex-shops around the city and ask for something bigger in both dimensions.
And I wonder- what reactions I will see.

galdaran

Experimental Member
Media
Its all about the nominal width (width of the condom flat at the base (not circumfrance)

Durex condoms are 56mm with the xl version beong 57mm
Magnum condoms are 54mm as are magnum xl (both of these taper to wider further up)
Pasante regular are 54mm
Pasante king size are 60mm
And pasante super king size are a whopping 69mm