Eurovision grips me! - i'm lpsg's biggest EV fan...

I wonder if he'll take the Pineapple Dance Studios renta-slappers to the contest with him? Or have they also been quietly dumped. :biggrin1:
I liked them! They were very British. :biggrin1:

And yes - reform of the Eurovision voting system too!
Plus, whoever is our PM, has to sing in the comp. ;) All national leaders to represent their countries in EUvision! Merkel can sing 'That's Vot I Vant'.

Stretch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah true forgot about that
Well the website said 25th, 27th, 29th may

The 25th and 27th are two semifinal nights and the winners from those will compete in the finals on the 29th. I've competed twice in the contest and it's a crazy week. :smile:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...last year was actually pretty good...

I agree - last year's was a good one. I loved the song that won - "Fairytale" by Alexander Rybak. Usually the ones I like go nowhere :frown1: but last year my favourites did quite well, maybe it was the change in voting. I like it when the countries incorporate traditional instruments or melodies in their songs - it's great to hear some cultural exchange rather than just generic pop-songs we hear all the time.
I absolutely love Eurovision and this year it's on my birthday so I know I'm going to have a great time! :smile:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I agree - last year's was a good one. I loved the song that won - "Fairytale" by Alexander Rybak. Usually the ones I like go nowhere :frown1: but last year my favourites did quite well, maybe it was the change in voting. I like it when the countries incorporate traditional instruments or melodies in their songs - it's great to hear some cultural exchange rather than just generic pop-songs we hear all the time.
I absolutely love Eurovision and this year it's on my birthday so I know I'm going to have a great time! :smile:

This year's should be pretty damn good too. The Irish entry is a ballad which i quite like (usually hate ballads). The Serbian entry has the gayest looking straight guy on the contest has perhaps ever seen, most of the songs are sung in English again. The French entry is a huge contrast considering their last but its good too. The Netherlands have some feel good disco style thing that sounds quite jolly but would do your head in to hear it again. I have already seen all the entries of course, i can't sit around waiting for the contest when the songs hit youtube in March/April.

I predict Sweden will win but competition is good as always. Turkey, Germany, Albania, Iceland, Moldova, Armenia, Ireland, Finland and Slovakia are my faves.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh Mitchy.....tell me again-why, oh why, do I love you so much?:frown1:
(p.s. You like my new signature?:biggrin1:)