Eurovision Song Contest May 2009

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have two questions.

1. Do you love the contest....i understand that it is a european thing mainly despite being aired in many non-european countries.

and

2. If your from the UK, has our song been chosen yet?

I love the Eurovision! :biggrin1:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
1. I like the idea behind it, but the last couple of years it isn't a fair competition anymore, so I don't like it that much anymore. I really love the idea, but it isn't really a competition for singing, more for appearance.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Its always been a joke.....but now its an intolerable joke!

The amount of eastern Europe countries added in recent years has made it impossible for big countries like UK, Germany & France to get anywhere near the top end of the results table. They all vote for Mother Russia....hence Russia winning last year & being near top other recent years!

Its corrupt bullshit with no musical merit whatsoever. Huh!

ps; I havent watched it but I think theres a show on now Sat nights with Graham Norton which is deciding the UK song. But I also hear that US writer Diane Warren will pen the UK song...WTF! Isnt it supposed to be a UK written song?

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Its always been a joke.....but now its an intolerable joke!

The amount of eastern Europe countries added in recent years has made it impossible for big countries like UK, Germany & France to get anywhere near the top end of the results table. They all vote for Mother Russia....hence Russia winning last year & being near top other recent years!

Its corrupt bullshit with no musical merit whatsoever. Huh!

ps; I havent watched it but I think theres a show on now Sat nights with Graham Norton which is deciding the UK song. But I also hear that US writer Diane Warren will pen the UK song...WTF! Isnt it supposed to be a UK written song?

:eek: omg....i'm gonna cry....no musical merit whatsoever?......what about ABBA and Bucks Fizz or Katrina and the Waves.......and Dima Bilan who won for Russia last year is an icon in his homeland.....Gorgeous and great voice. OMG....i dont believe you said it.....sob! lol

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
:eek: omg....i'm gonna cry....no musical merit whatsoever?......what about ABBA and Bucks Fizz or Katrina and the Waves.......and Dima Bilan who won for Russia last year is an icon in his homeland.....Gorgeous and great voice. OMG....i dont believe you said it.....sob! lol

Well he is right. All of eastern europe vote for each other, so no chance for others...
Abba was good and Johny logan too, but the last years it is gone from bad too worse... It isn't a fair competition anymore... The organisators of the event even complain.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well he is right. All of eastern europe vote for each other, so no chance for others...
Abba was good and Johny logan too, but the last years it is gone from bad too worse... It isn't a fair competition anymore... The organisators of the event even complain.

It was suggested that the UK devolve into its 4 countries and then vote for each other to give the brits a better result than the last several years.

Personally i think its about time that the UK, France, Germany and Spain were involved in the semi-finals rather than go straight thru....i know they bank-roll the event more than most but this is another thing that is not fair.

D_Frederick Fuzzynuts

Experimental Member
Media
im sorry but the whole competition is an absolute joke and with the bias voting by eastern european coutries who all hate the uk then i dont bother watching it at all and so i have no clue as to whether or not the song has been chosen for the uk yet

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Its not just the UK that gets snubbed. Germany, France, Spain & Italy have all actually done worse than the UK, even in recent years. Far worse in fact! UK people are way too paranoid about this. Even little unthreatening Ireland have done badly in recent years! Its more about countries favouring their neighbours than actually snubbing other countries. But there is resentment towards the bigger countries who usually dominate issues in Europe.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
France and Spain were rubbish last time I saw it. Don't know if it was last year or a couple of years ago.

Same with Junior Eurovision... bzzz bzzz bzzz. That's not even a song!

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Things have changed since the 90s, it seems to be bad for a singer's career to enter it these days. In recent years, the British standard has been extremely low. You almost get the impression the UK sends their worst singers in protest to the organisers.
The UK has nothing to prove by entering such a contest, of all the European countries it is the one that exports the most music, worldwide.
Only smaller countries have something to gain from winning.

Catchoftheday

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Its not just the UK that gets snubbed. Germany, France, Spain & Italy have all actually done worse than the UK, even in recent years. Far worse in fact! UK people are way too paranoid about this. Even little unthreatening Ireland have done badly in recent years! Its more about countries favouring their neighbours than actually snubbing other countries. But there is resentment towards the bigger countries who usually dominate issues in Europe.

GOING WAY WAY WAY OFF TOPIC HERE................XCUSE, your one hot f***er....to be blunt!