Even if you are OUT are there times when you don't want people to know?

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not gay, but there are times I hide my straightness. I live in Boy's Town Chicago and when I go into a store or restaurant, I can get dirty looks if I'm myself, but if I act gay, I seem to be more accepted.

scottbud

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Certain situations at work I would not want people to know, only because I know some of our customers are homophobic.

Basicaly people who arent family, friends, or significant to me in some way dont need to know.

I am a beleiver that my sexuality, although it influences most things I say and do is something that is irrelevant to other people unless Im trying to sleep with them or have a good old chat about things.

trentster

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel sorry for people who have to hide it, but at the same time I hate the fact that I'm treated differently just because I am straight in a gay part of town.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are times, yes, when I don't want people to know especially in work situations or with associates or friends of my parents who are not 100% comfortable or supportive of my sexuality. My private life is my private life and my sexuality in my view is not a political statement but a personal one.