Ever been to a bathhouse?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to think they were sordid, sleazy places where ugly guys who had no chance of getting sex anywhere else would hang out in the hopes of getting off. Then I got persuaded to go to one. How wrong I was! OK, not everyone is beautiful but some are absolutely stunning. That's not the be all and end all though. You tend to find that they're the ones who go home unsatisfied at the end of the night.
Yes, some can be sordid and sleazy places, but that's usually what their clientele wants. Certainly in most major cities in the UK there's a choice of at least two venues and they tend to cater for different tastes and types. Some places are absolute dives and could do with being demolished and rebuilt - usually the smaller venues where less money is spent on them. Charging high entry fees is a sure way to put people off especially if the money isn't reinvested in the facilities and cleaning. I've been to some where you wouldn't want to get undressed at all, and as for walking barefoot... No. Whoever thought a carpeted floor in a locker room was a good idea just didn't have a clue.
I recently went to the sauna in Hove. They'd obviously just had a refurb. The place was immaculate. I was there for about four hours and saw it being cleaned five times. The facilities were pretty good too, although it's only a small place - a good, hot sauna and steam room, big hot tub and plenty of space to wander round in. They even have an exercise area with treadmils and bikes. It didn't that there were quite a few fit, good-looking guys there too.
I must admit I tend to go to saunas to relax and chill out. I probably won't turn down sex if it's on offer, but that's usually not why I'm there. It's a place where you can unwind. Some are there purely for sex, the fuck and go crowd, often bi, married men, but others like the heat and the knowledge that they're surrounded by like-minded guys and aren't going to get hassled and they can just take a couple of hours out and switch off or get sucked off or whatever.

askmenow

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
kens at kensington,sydney ,australia is great -going on 25 years or so. its clean friendly and every fri night is 'buck naked night' --totally nude ,sometimes there can be 100-150?guys nude wandering around,after watching that for 4-8 hours sometimes its as good as sex......lol

chavous

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
yes flex is in ATLANTA and serves a purpose. It is clean and has lots of lube,condoms and naked men.

Shawn777

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Been to two bathhouses in LA and generally, I don't go there to really hook up or anything (only done a little touching twice out of 8 or so times I think) but to relieve stress in the same manner one would by going to a normal suana. It's just at a gay bathhouse, no one is gonna get mad if you're looking at them 'funny.'

Ones with gyms are a plus for me as I like to do a little running or cycling before heading to spa and sauna. Usually, I end the night watching movies and talking with some guys in the lobby. It's always relaxing when you take a step away from the hustle and bustle of LA.

So, if you're interested in going to one, just make sure you know what you're getting into, especially if it's gonna be quality bang for your buck.

open501s

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
been to one in St Louis.

Went with a few frends that I go to a clothing optional camp ground with.

It was very social and had some good play also.

I saw a full range of ages and body types.

Go a head and get a room / bed that you can lock and sneak in your own food and drink.

D

deleted213967

I have visited a few of them in Berkeley, SF, LA, SD, Atlanta, NY and London.

For the novice, I would recommend a bath house that's not a mere sex club. When the place is vast, clean and has a dry sauna, steam room, large jacuzzi and all, you have nothing to lose because even if you don't score, you'll feel relaxed (and certainly clean) afterwards.

Most of the time, I prefer to meet guys in the showers (hot, you can really tell if they're interested in you since there is no such thing as "faking" a boner).

Another hot and low-pressure way to make contact is underwater, if the place offers a large jacuzzi. Just pretend that the bubbles and underwater currents are uncontrollably drawing your feet towards the thighs of your favorite boy destination.

That very subtle moment when the skin-to-skin contact stops appearing accidental and starts becoming reciprocal gets me every time.

pasarefun

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have been to many in San Diego, CA and the best was the vulcan down by the harbor. Very clean and no attitude.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
BayAreaGuy - Your description of Steamworks sounds like just what the clubs in New York aren't. In fact it sounds more like the type places I saw in L.A. When is someone gonna wake up and open a place like this in the northeast?...
I used to think they were sordid, sleazy places where ugly guys who had no chance of getting sex anywhere else would hang out in the hopes of getting off.
Viking_UK, Your descriptions of the U.K. spots sounds, again, like what we should have in the New York/New Jersey area. Of course, I'm partial to Englishmen, so they'd probably be Heaven to me no matter what. :wink:
It's often been said that bath houses are "only for the desperate". A quick visit to the East Side Club in NYC would seem to confirm that assessment. ...But from what I've seen elsewhere, and from what others have said here, it really does depend on where You're located.
yes flex is in ATLANTA and serves a purpose. It is clean and has lots of lube,condoms and naked men.
I believe Flex has maybe 2 or 3 national locations here in the U.S. chavous. Their L.A. club is the place I refered to in my last post with the outdoor swimming pool & hot tub. There are palm trees around the hot tub (blissful...) and they used to do a barbecue at poolside every Sunday afternoon. Not sure if they still do tho. Great place. Can't want 'til I can visit L.A. again.
I'd also like to visit Chicago & Cleveland, as I hear there are a few interesting places in those cities too...

inside_man

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
This post has made me smile as I've read the observations on saunas here and around the world...seems I've been to many of the bathhouses mentioned in this thread. What can I say?
I like to travel.
I grew up in Berkeley and visited Steamworks for the first time at 19 with my then BF-we had no other place to have sex.
I was living with my folks and he was cheating on his BF at the time with me. Yeah, I know...live and learn.
I'm a New Yorker and Mickactual's description of the dreadful bathhouse situation here is sadly 100% accurate.
I've been to baths in London, Sydney, LA, San Diego, Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Prague, Paris, Amsterdam, San Jose, Buenos Aires (as well as a few cities I'm probably forgetting).
I've also some mind-blowing, safe sex and remained hiv- through my travels.
I've had plenty of swell times as well as some boring ones and I still remember how nervous and excited I was the first time I felt when I walked in the door of Steamworks.
Hell, I still get a jolt of nervousness and excitement although my last visit to one was 2 years ago.
Good times.
My profile: MANHUNT.net

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I haven't been to the baths in many years. but as soon as I was 18 back in the late 70's I was a frequent visitor to them though. I loved the whole atmosphere of them. I find men walking around in small towels VERY sexy...the hidden forbidden fruit thing I guess. and as a thin hairy swimmer build man with a big cock I never had any trouble finding fun. back then things seemed different with regards to diesease...no hiv then...and the cum would fly! private room sex was great, but I loved the public area sex and group sex the best. yes there where men that were not to my liking..and it was not because of an age thing either...w just all have different tastes. I personally liked mature men then..Daddies in their 40's 50's and 60's..hair covered and horny for me.... as long as they were not wacked out. but that is my likings. if not interested I just politely said no thanks. if a guy was over persistant, a firm NO did it then. never a problem. I loved the whole freedom of it. mickactual..next time you are in the philly area I'd love to visit them with you!

HERCSURF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lets be real here..most bathhouses are crawling with not so great looking gusy, older dudes, etc. No offense to old dudes and all at all but if your a young athletic dude, bathhouses are probably not for you.

chip59

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If its not what Im looking for, I can leave, right?

Leave? hell no. There is no way on God's green earth they'd let someone who looks like you just walk out the door. Most likely scenario is that they would swarm around you, squealing like pigs in heat, strip you down, tie you up and worship at your feet for oh, say, 3 or 4 days at least. :notworthy: