Ever been to a bathhouse?

amado

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I usually go to German Saunas.
Being small-sized it is no big deal over here.
Some look, stare or smile.

But I was humiliated and dwarfed in the size departement in Japanese onsen and sentoh.
I think these Japanese gentlemen liked it very much what they saw, a tall white guy (188cm) with a tiny penis.

D_Stymie Stretcher

Account Disabled
Media
i've been to the Greenhouse in Birmingham, it was ok, a mixture of men young, old, fit, fat etc etc. There's a swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, cinema and cafe, booths if you want privacy, In fact the best sex ever was with a man in there recently, tall, hung and very nice:tongue:

alwayshornyatl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Been to a bathhouse? Toronto (2), Montreal (2) Quebec City, Calgary, Winnipeg, LA, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale (2), Tampa (ugh), Orlando, Atlanta, DC, New York, Detroit and I'm sure a couple more.

Bathhouses are like anyplace else, in that there's a large variety. Some attract particulary beautiful men (Ft. Lauderdale after 5PM, but they're cliquish) but the rest are just as ordinary as you and me.

But if you love sex and are a cock watcher and an exhibitionist, well........

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hmmm . . . I have to admit that I quit going to the tubs (baths) about 1980. I was in NYC and needed a cheap place to stay. So, I paid $15 to enter the St. Marks Baths (on St. Marks Place). I was acutely aware of the AIDS issue that was front page news everyday and scared. Still, after surveying a damn pleasant man who left the door to his little room cracked open (the "please, take a look, come in, take a feel) I took the plunge and made love to him for several hours; however, we did not fuck.

I miss the freedom and pure hedonistic pleasure of being able to hit the tubs after work. I was a bartender in a long-forgotten "coolest bar in town" in the Castro. They were great places to get the cigarette smoke washed off, relax, and with little effort find a hot group of gorgeous men to enjoy in a pig pile of non-stop action. I miss the group action. My lover of 8 years (now deceased, anyeurism) admitted to missing it too. I find it amazing I never caught an STD (although, jokes about catching crabs from the shag carpet padding the walls and floor of the dark rooms and the ever-present maize probably held some truth). By the time I had any interest in checking out saunas or tubs in the late 80's, they had all closed. Those that hadn't needed to be closed.

Now, in the two cities I live during the year, they only have saunas. They are small and tend to attract only the buffest of the buff young muscle boys. I still look damn good with a cheap towel wrapped around my 33" waist, but I vividly remember thinking in the 80's and 70's that the baths were a young man's retreat. Eventually, I wouldn't fit in. If I could find a sauna or bath house that catered to "daddies", I'd be willing to try my luck. I'm not into (never have been into) young men, even when I was a young man. But I'm not aware of any tubs exclusively for muscle daddies. Fortunately, I've got The Squeeze to keep me warm and satisfied. And we keep it interesting by having a circle of eight or so "friends with benefits" we like to host evert few weeks or so.

However, I more than make up for not going to the baths by spending far too much time at the nude beaches in Barçelona and Sitges. And from October through March there is always Punte del Este in Uruguay. It has a couple of very nice nude beaches. However, the southern Atlantic is fucking cold. It doesn't matter if it's the middle of January. The southern Atlantic coast is just too cold.

Anyway, nice thread gentlemen. It's given me pause to reflect on some amazing experiences and not regretting any of them.

EDIT: If anyone knows of a bath house that caters to daddies like me, please let me know. My abs are still ripped, biceps and triceps look good, and my chest doesn't sag -- yet. :wink:

Last edited:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I miss the freedom and pure hedonistic pleasure of being able to hit the tubs after work...and with little effort find a hot group of gorgeous men to enjoy in a pig pile of non-stop action. I miss the group action.

I miss it, too, although I am too young to have ever experienced it. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done if I had be sexually mature during that period. It's quite possible that being the rather reserved, shy, introverted fellow that I am, that I would never have dared go to such a place. Or maybe I would have gone, but not participated.

Now, in the two cities I live during the year, they only have saunas. They are small and tend to attract only the buffest of the buff young muscle boys...but I vividly remember thinking in the 80's and 70's that the baths were a young man's retreat.

Part of my problem is that I'm not so young anymore, and even when I was, I was never a buff muscle boy.

I still look damn good with a cheap towel wrapped around my 33" waist...

My 38" waist and I are worried about your lack of appetite and think you aren't eating enough. Here, have some potato chips. I'll make you some dip. Do you want a beer? Of course you do. Your double burger will be up in a minute.

I'm not into (never have been into) young men, even when I was a young man.

I've got the opposite (and I suspect more common) problem. I've always been into young men, but I'm not so young anymore. Even when I was young, I wasn't buff or muscular, and I never attracted the type of guy who was. I've always drawn the attention of older guys, mostly in their 40s and 50s. Now that I'm getting close to 40, I'm either going to have to find a way to be attracted to older men (is that possible), or I'm going to have to resign myself to being alone.

But I'm not aware of any tubs exclusively for muscle daddies. Fortunately, I've got The Squeeze to keep me warm and satisfied. And we keep it interesting by having a circle of eight or so "friends with benefits" we like to host evert few weeks or so.

I'd love to live your life...if only I were into daddies (muscular or not).

My abs are still ripped, biceps and triceps look good, and my chest doesn't sag -- yet. :wink:

My flabby gut, my skinny arms, and my sagging man boobs hate you. Here's you burger. Let me get you a milkshake. :tongue:

Last edited:

thickboyTX

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Haven't been to many, but damn, yes, Thermos in Amsterdam is pretty hot. The best piece of advice my friend and I got before we went, which is a good rule of thumb for most bathhouses probably: It all depends on the time of day (or night). Go about 30 mins after the clubs let out. :biggrin1:

I also live in LA and I have been totally unimpressed with any of the bath houses in this area. Some of them are downright disgusting, others are marginally acceptable if you are into older guys or a certain kind of crowd. You can pm me if you want to discuss in more detail.

Because I travel a lot, I have been to bath houses in other cities. Generally speaking, some bathouses in Europe and Asia are far nicer than what you find in the states and are really nice. The Thermos in Amsterdam is one of those places.

There is a great bath house in Ft. Lauderdale that had a great looking crowd on the night I was there and a nice facility. Someone mentioned the Watergarden in San Jose and it is a nice facility, my experience with the type of crowd was like his: it varies. I cannot think of any other city in the US where I have been to a bathouse that is worthy of a mention.

Generally most bath houses strictly prohibit the use of drugs or alcohol on the premises, though it still happens. However, it is pretty much on the down-low.

K

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
This experiences of you guys are so weird. When you go in a bathhouse here in Belgium, you're just visiting a bathhouse, no sex going on. Just people walking around nude, visiting differnt baths for relaxation. But yeah, it depends on where you go, no?

Howard1122

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
There was in Wellington until 1988 a place called the San Francisco Bathhouse. This was not really a bath house as such. The facilities were a sauna, full sized swimming pool, spa, showers, and games area. Massages were available. It was quite popular after the hotels closed and until the last train went. Patrons were generally young men and sometimes women. Upstairs skimpy towels were the mode of dress. Here you would often see males playing billards. These males were men to keep clear of as they had connections with the underworld. Under the counter drinks were available for a price. Downstairs it was nude, men and women. Sex was available for a price with a massage. Apart from the usual horseplay of naked young men running around, etc. the swimming pool the only "unusual" incident I can recall was when a large mixed group turned up, all of whom I knew. A young man and his female companion were being particularly friendly to each other. The next thing they were in the spa pool. When the "boys" asked where they were I indicated the spa, and the next minute they were in with them in a supporting capacity as it were. Howard.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been to the East Side Club in NYC and it is small and dirty.

I've been to "the Club' which is a chain. I went once to The Club Orlando, FL and it was nice. The Club in Fort Lauderdale is very nice too. It has a beautiful area outside with a heated poo, and a large gyml. I've also been to one in Las Vegas and it was nice too.