Ever Been Told That a Beauty Aid You Use Turns Off You Partner?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by OhWiseOne, Mar 1, 2012.

1. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If so how do you feel about your partner voicing their thoughts and were you surprised?

Beauty mistakes that turn men off - Yahoo! Shopping

For me there are some that I have experienced. Sticky hair, lip gloss and foundation.

What really scares me is that I'm reading the article. Oh well we all can learn I guess.

Thanks for your time.

2. bobg4400

Gold Member

They should add that stupid pouting face as well as not wearing enough clothes.

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I haven't been told by anyone that my "beauty" habits or products are a turn off, but I did date a guy once that desperately tried to get me to use said products. I've NEVER been a girly girl nor have I ever been interested in hair and makeup. I don't paint my nails, I don't style my hair or put products in it. I usually just try to get it cut into something cute that looks good with a basic washing and hairdrying because that's about all I care to do. I only wear makeup for special occasions. If it isn't a special occasion, the closest thing to makeup you'll see me wearing is chapstick. Now I do use scented body wash and facial moisturizer and high quality shampoos and conditioners, I'm not a total loss. :rolleyes: But yeah... no one has said that these things bother them.

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Article?

Load of shite advertising a load of shite, more like. :rolleyes:

5. redz_rule

Gold Member

I just about made it this far:

before clicking the little red cross in the corner. I've never seen the appeal of 'crispy' hair personally and I don't wear my hair in complicated styles because quite frankly I can't be arsed, but I'd rather shave my head than choose my hairstyle on the basis of whether or not a man can run his fingers through my hair...

It's not that I admire orange tans and spidery eyelashes, but that article makes me want to vomit.

6. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would agree but it was the idea of it not the BS they were trying to sell that got me thinking.

7. B_Craiggers

B_Craiggers New Member

I never said anything to her about it, but there was a girl in my high school orchestra class who was just radiantly beautiful, and for some reason she always spackled the foundation on her face with a putty knife or something. Poor thing :frown1:

8. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

I've had playmates with a penchant for dark red lipstick and the whole process of applying it.
    Hahaha...I've more than tested several brands claims of "stay fast".

9. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    TheBF has told me that he doesn't like it when I wear my hair in a certain way as much as when I wear it other ways, but other than that, I can't remember anything, not involving any particular products. Men usually try to flatter me and be kind about my appearance, which I appreciate a lot.

I have friends whom I think could use some advice regarding their makeup, but I wouldn't actually dare say anything. I have a beautiful friend who draws on her eyebrows too darkly and the shape she draws makes her look worried. In photos she often looks like something terrible is just about to happen to the photographer. I strongly feel that a different shape would make her look more like a silver screen goddess instead.

Not that I'm an expert at makeup. I'm sure that I could use some advice myself sometimes...

#9 petite, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  10. D_Judith K Rantz

D_Judith K Rantz New Member

uhhhh i have no beauty fixes/aids...besides shampoo, conditioner and facewash. so I guess no? but i have been told by different guys like my hair down while others like it up.

11. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    From a guy's perspective, I've been asked not to shave my legs and to completely shave my pubic hair.. I refuse to do either. I hate having hairy legs, and I have to at least have a triangle of pubes (reference albums) or I feel like I'm a little boy when I look in the mirror.

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Once on a first date someone suggested that I should only wear Ralph Lauren or Brooks Brothers clothing. I left before dessert explaining nicely he should look for someone else to date and perhaps hang out at RL or Brooks Brothers and subsequently got a nasty telephone message the next day telling me how rude I was.

13. spoon

Gold Member

Albums:
    i dated a cross-dresser for awhile. lots of fun, and, made my selection of clothes larger. s/he would never listen to me about the amount of makeup and fragrance. way, way, way to much of each.

14. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I wear pretty much all that make-up. Foundation, eye shadow, blush, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, lipgloss - even eyebrow pencil at times. Plus I use hair gel and hair spray and my hair has never been sticky or crispy. Never had one complaint. Mind you, I've been wearing make-up since I was 12 and I know what I'm doing. It's never caked on and feels & looks pretty natural.

Besides....I do all this stuff to get ready to work, I don't do it to get ready to fuck. That's another type of prep! :biggrin1:

15. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Possible a partner has mentioned something, however, my not giving a fuckness means any and all have been long forgotten. If I am not choking on too-long pubes, smell him (in a bad way), or experience other hygiene issues, we're good - he does whatever he likes/wants. I expect the same.

16. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    I like my women all natural. That way I know for a fact that is as un attractive as you are going to be at any one tie and act accordingly.

Nothing is worse than taking a 7 home and her walking out of the shower a 4

17. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

So you like unshaved pits, full pubes and hairy legs?

Wrong, actually there nothing worse than going home with some cunt who assigns you a number.

18. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Thanks to Sir and his requirements, I've started wearing makeup for the first time in my life. And I do at LEAST two thing that article tells you not to. Luckily, Sir doesn't mind in the slightest. Actually, I think he finds my dark eye makeup and nail polish rather entertaining.

Prior to Sir, none of the guys I'd been with cared that I didn't wear makeup. Which is lucky, because they wouldn't have had a hope in hell of getting me to wear it.

19. B_Craiggers

B_Craiggers New Member

Man, wtf.

20. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    The article is simply pointing out that too much or the wrong colors or style can be unattractive, and it's hawking a different product instead of whichever one you use. I use most of the things on the list, and I hope that I don't use them in an off-putting way, but I don't think that I do!

TheBF does one of those. I've been trying to get him to use just one spritz of his favorite scent, which I adore, instead of two. He's rejected my opinion because I have a very sensitive nose and can detect scents that he cannot, which constantly amazes him, say when I can identify ingredients in food, or find something in a room because I can smell it. Since he regards my nose to be particularly sensitive, he's rejected my opinion that he wears too much cologne.

Speaking of too much eye makeup, check out how beautiful Snooki looks without her eye makeup. She's stunning. She's usually a good example of too much eye makeup, too much fake tanner, and the wrong shade of lipstick. Those two photos look like they're of two different people!

IMO, this is how one does foundation, smokey eyes, tanned skin, and lip gloss right, if one was going to wear full faced makeup. Of course, it's been Photoshopped to perfection, but you get the idea.

More looks I like:
    http://stuffkit.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Scarlett-Johansson.jpg
    http://img.wallpaperstock.net:81/beautiful-face-wallpapers_11213_1280x1024.jpg
    http://www.cinemavoyage.com/images/angelina-jolie81.jpg
    http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=369608.0;attach=406962;image (ridiculously over-photoshopped)

#20 petite, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
Draft saved Draft deleted